Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arch Manning names his favorite college town

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And REM basically runs the town politics.
    Enough said......They stink anyway but the B-52's are far worse........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    As far as a "Brand" Texas is the biggest, plus being a big fish in Texas tops being a big fish in AL or GA and it is fairly close to NOLA (7 hours, but Tuscaloosa is about 5).

If on field success is his overall goal, the choice is simple, Bama, but to promote his overall brand Texas is probably best, but there is a risk as on field success at Texas is a wildcard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Enough said......They stink anyway but the B-52's are far worse........
    ^^^^listens to Florida-Georgia-Line^^^^***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    As far as a "Brand" Texas is the biggest, plus being a big fish in Texas tops being a big fish in AL or GA and it is fairly close to NOLA (7 hours, but Tuscaloosa is about 5).

If on field success is his overall goal, the choice is simple, Bama, but to promote his overall brand Texas is probably best, but there is a risk as on field success at Texas is a wildcard.
    You think Saban coaches for another 4 years??? That puts him at 74. He could definitely coach into his late 70s, but at some point do you want to be there as a top recruit when he does depart?

Or would you rather play for UGA where the coach is much younger (thus no chance of retirement) and talent level is equal?

vCash
    Well here is both.

https://youtu.be/YYOKMUTTDdA

BTW she was 45 when this video was made.
    Yep - she is 74 now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    You think Saban coaches for another 4 years??? That puts him at 74. He could definitely coach into his late 70s, but at some point do you want to be there as a top recruit when he does depart?

Or would you rather play for UGA where the coach is much younger (thus no chance of retirement) and talent level is equal?
    I fully expect him to coach another 4 years, he's in great shape and I think football is his life.

vCash
    Saban is like The Bear he will coach up to the end.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post

He is going to get his ass beat a lot if he goes to Texas. They won’t be playing a big 12 Schedule that they currently can’t break .500 on during Manning’s career. They have a recovering alcoholic as their head coach. They just seem like a really big smoke screen in that recruitment IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    He is going to get his ass beat a lot if he goes to Texas. They won’t be playing a big 12 Schedule that they currently can’t break .500 on during Manning’s career. They have a recovering alcoholic as their head coach. They just seem like a really big smoke screen in that recruitment IMO.
    He'll have 2 years to pad stats before they move to the SEC tho, right?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    He'll have 2 years to pad stats before they move to the SEC tho, right?
    I mean yea if he doesn’t redshirt. Texas signs an elite quarterback every year though. I don’t expect that kid to be starting day 1 at any blue blood, but maybe he will. His uncle had to wait for an injury in 94 to start. I got to see him get his ass whooped in Starkville by Derrick Taite which was awesome. That was before Eric Moulds cucked him and Taite wouldn’t throw him the damn ball.

vCash
    He is a high 3 star maybe low 4 star if he had a different last name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    That's what I've been wondering... is it the Manning name or is he really that good as a sophomore and junior. Can't argue that the Genes are there but was Peyton and Eli recruited this hard when they were that young?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    That's what I've been wondering... is it the Manning name or is he really that good as a sophomore and junior. Can't argue that the Genes are there but was Peyton and Eli recruited this hard when they were that young?
    Peyton was as a junior, or at least he was covered by Mississippi news outlets like he was.
    The day he committed to Tennessee I swear you could hear the cries of grief from Oxford all the way to Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    I'm sure you'll hear a lot more of this around Mississippi now. When old miss fans thought they had a chance, all I heard from them was how great the kid was.
    Peyton wasn't the best but he put in the time. Does this kid have that discipline? I'm sure he has a good football iq and form?
    Is he gifted, no clue?

Banned
    vCash
    Athens is Austin before Austin went weird/
    Never forget my first road trip from Fort Worth to Austin. Beautiful Hill Country that reminded me of SO-CAL but not a lot folks with any common sense.

vCash
    Arch Who and Who Cares.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Arch Who and Who Cares.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Banned
    vCash
    The only reason I'm interested is to witness another Suicide Watch / Melt amongst the Slave Owners. Was living in Memphis when Peyton went to UT and it was orgasmic even though I hate UT too. I actually hate everybody except STATE to different degrees but X 10M for Slavery U.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 05-14-2022 at 12:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Never forget my first road trip from Fort Worth to Austin. Beautiful Hill Country that reminded me of SO-CAL but not a lot folks with any common sense.
    Remember going to Austin back in 75. Then it was alot smaller. The Salt Lick was way out in the country and yes the town was full of long hairs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Arch Who and Who Cares.
    100%! Yes!