Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Recruits

vCash

Baseball Recruits

Anybody willing to put a percentage on some of these guys making it to State? I know some are likely gone.

Jurrangelo Cijnte
    Jett Williams
    Ross Highfill
    Bradley Loftin
    Colby Holcombe
    Dakota Jordan

Any others?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Anybody willing to put a percentage on some of these guys making it to State? I know some are likely gone.

Jurrangelo Cijnte
    Jett Williams
    Ross Highfill
    Bradley Loftin
    Colby Holcombe
    Dakota Jordan

Any others?
    Cijnte- 50%
    Williams- 5%
    Highfill- 70%
    Loftin- 90%
    Holcombe- 75%
    Jordan- 60%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Cijnte- 50%
    Williams- 5%
    Highfill- 70%
    Loftin- 90%
    Holcombe- 75%
    Jordan- 60%
    What type of impact will the guys who do show up have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    My guess: immediate talent upgrade!!!

vCash
    Loftin- 90%
    According to somebody extremely close to the situation- this number is more like 55%
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Are these going pro percentages or signing with someone else or both

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    According to somebody extremely close to the situation- this number is more like 55%
    We'll see. If his asking price is what you say it is it's not matching up with where he is ranked. So it would have to be a "team really likes him" situation which does happen sometimes.

vCash
    I'll take a shot but this predicting what baseball players will do is even more iffy than undecided football players will sign. It's like trying to predict exactly where a hurrican is gonna go, lol. I've seen kids take a 10k signing bonus and not play college ball. A 10th round pick may get 2nd round type signing bonus money based on what a team pays earlier draft picks, just so many variables. Here's my guess though:

Cijnte-50%
    Williams-10%
    Highfill-80%
    Loftin-60%
    Holcombe-80%
    Jordan-50%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    If Jordan and Highfill come I expect them to start right away or at least contend for a starting spot.

With our pitching situation being what it is I would expect those three to contend for spots on the staff- at least Pico type production. Holcombe of course I expect to contend for a weekend or closer role.

I usually have pretty cautious expectations for any freshman or even a JUCO. Usually there are a couple like Hunter Hines and Pico that contribute right away. Just impossible to know until the lights come on.

vCash
    We'll see. If his asking price is what you say it is it's not matching up with where he is ranked. So it would have to be a "team really likes him" situation which does happen sometimes.
    Comes down to where he is drafted. People are looking at early to mid-2nd and that makes it iffy. If he lasts until Round 3 then he's very likely a Bulldog
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If Jordan and Highfill come I expect them to start right away or at least contend for a starting spot.

With our pitching situation being what it is I would expect those three to contend for spots on the staff- at least Pico type production. Holcombe of course I expect to contend for a weekend or closer role.

I usually have pretty cautious expectations for any freshman or even a JUCO. Usually there are a couple like Hunter Hines and Pico that contribute right away. Just impossible to know until the lights come on.
    Highfill isn't ready to be a starter..... yet. Saw him several times. And for those wondering about him signing, there wasn't a single scout at any of the games I saw him play. Not one. I'm sure he has been seen plenty. But it's pretty telling when there isn't one. For example, there were bundles of scouts at one of Jordan's recent games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Highfill isn't ready to be a starter..... yet. Saw him several times. And for those wondering about him signing, there wasn't a single scout at any of the games I saw him play. Not one. I'm sure he has been seen plenty. But it's pretty telling when there isn't one. For example, there were bundles of scouts at one of Jordan's recent games.
    Gotta get a transfer then. Grey Bane ain't the answer.

vCash
    I agree with this. I've seen him play a couple of times and think he will be a very good player for us, but it's probably gonna take him a year, although he may get thrown into action next year and learn on the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree with this. I've seen him play a couple of times and think he will be a very good player for us, but it's probably gonna take him a year, although he may get thrown into action next year and learn on the job.
    A year of Sitting behind Hancock would be ideal!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I would take that. Be nice if Luke would come back for one more.

vCash
    If he does start I fully expect there to be a learning curve. And it may be that he starts midweek games like Hancock is pretty much doing now. If Hancock doesn't come back and we don't get a transfer from the portal then I fully expect him to start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Gotta get a transfer then. Grey Bane ain't the answer.
    Yep or keep Hancock. Which I don't know how possible that is but they want to

vCash
    If he does start I fully expect there to be a learning curve. And it may be that he starts midweek games like Hancock is pretty much doing now. If Hancock doesn't come back and we don't get a transfer from the portal then I fully expect him to start.
    We have to keep Hancock or get one in the portal. Have to.

vCash
    Yep or keep Hancock. Which I don't know how possible that is but they want to
    Keeping Luke would be big. I have no idea how likely that is though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Chances of that happening are slim. Luke is very likely gone. He started not to come back this year and considering what this year is like and with the way next year appears to be shaking up i think it makes those chances even slimmer.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)