Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
I don't see how he can turn it around next year. I just don't get how the more this becomes lemonis' team, the worse we're getting.
Most of these players were recruited by Cannizarro. So, it's still not really his team. I'd say based on Will Bednar and Hunter Hines getting his recruits in may be a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
Never thought I would have said this but you can not go into next season with the same players and same approach as this season. When things turn out to be a disaster like this, changes have to be made. And no I?m not talking about the coach, yet.
You're exactly right. I think the root of the problem is our coaches are way too hands off. They just want to fill out a lineup card and let the boys play. Can't do that with college players unless you have enough that are advanced to handle it like we had last year with Sims, Tanner, and Rowdey.

Foxhall always has our starter go 6 IP come hell or high water and then the next go throws 2 IP no matter what and then no matter what we're bringing someone else out for the 9th. He has done an AWFUL job this year and I'm pissed off at him just thinking about some of the stupid shit I've seen. Leaving starters in too long. Letting pitchers who have been blown apart have multiple opportunities while others sit. Pitching the ****ing shortstop while Fristoe doesn't even pitch that week and Pico throws 13 pitches. Our pitchers mechanics are inconsistent- leading to walks and bombs. He doesn't have a good feel for the game at all. Rarely makes a mound visit even when guys are getting blown apart- just leaves them in to figure it out. That's not coaching. That's just half assed.

Gautreau is the same as just letting them do their own thing at the plate. We could hit 100 lazy fly balls and all he does is have them bump their chest twice like some magic genie is going to pop out of there. Same thing as Foxhall- he has to COACH the hitters instead of sitting on his ass and expecting them to do something. Use a line drive approach. Especially when guys are struggling. And then his recruiting screwed us because he kept getting power hitters and hasn't really gone after anyone that has a high OBP for the MIF/CF spots. Which hurts the offense further because we can't do any of the small ball stuff to manufacture runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
Baseball is a different beast. Lemonis will shoulder the blame for the abysmal season this year and he will if next year is just as bad. However, look at baseball coaches around the league. They have been there for a long time and are given time to work. He will be here a while, but he needs to go into the off season with the intent of pushing the coaches and players to their limits. No more inflated egos after this season. I want to see our players improve
We're about to find out how much Lemonis really wants to win or if he has his head up his ass. I may be giving the benefit of the doubt but I think he wants to win.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
Vitello won 50 in year 4, and he's doing even better in year 5. Can we at miss state not expect similar results or does our coach need 6 years to get the program to the level where he found it?
So far Lemonis has been more successful than Vitello in one less year. And yeah I get that we were a better situation. But Tennessee also didn't have to change four coaches in four years either. That hurts recruiting- and it's part of the problem right now too. Probably moreso next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
IMO Foxhall and especially Gotro had better fix pitching and hitting. The approach and the swing at the plate has not been adjusted one damn bit since day one of the season. We are the same horrible hitting team that started the season. A coach should be able to tweak a batters swing ever so slightly to make better contact with the ball.

I?m angry at this team for their lack of attitude. They are a embarrassment to a lot of former players that wore the M over S. This series Florida shoved up our back hole and made us like it. That is unacceptable!
You're right about the assistants but I don't fault the players as much when they aren't being coached.

Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
This thing is going to go one of two ways. This is either an Arkansas in 2016 type outlier or Lemonis is the baseball Gene Chizik. I hope it is the former and he rights the ship like DVH.
Probably more Dave Van Horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
Y'all need to back away from the ledge. It's a bad year. Coach ain't going anywhere. Nobody is unless they get a HC job.
Well I hope Lemonis tells Foxhall to put his resume' out then. If those two stay they better get off their ass and start coaching these players. And we need to redefine how we build our team. Lemonis isn't on the hot seat- I agree. But right now Foxhall and Gautreau will be. Our fans and our AD is not going to allow MSU baseball to be mediocre for long without making some kind of change. And those two will be gone before Lemonis.

Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
Now I will say this. I am pissed Lemonis did not get tossed last night in the 9th. That ump deserved to have a new ear hole
I agree. Would be nice if Lemonis would have at least gotten ejected last night. It's a bad look that he didn't honestly. Our season is on the line and we're going to let the Ump Show dictate the outcome while we sit our ass on a bucket? Weak optics.