Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lemonis...

vCash

Lemonis...

You're on the clock next year. This shit is unacceptable. The Natty honeymoon is over. Shape up next year or ship out

vCash
    I don't see how he can turn it around next year. I just don't get how the more this becomes lemonis' team, the worse we're getting.

vCash
    monster class is required, full of hitters and SEC ready pitchers. quite a task to simply produce a .500 SEC team from where this one sits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't see how he can turn it around next year. I just don't get how the more this becomes lemonis' team, the worse we're getting.
    Well then he shouldn't have shit the bed with a good team this year. Now he must overachieve to correct it. This program isn't a "misses postseason" program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    monster class is required, full of hitters and SEC ready pitchers. quite a task to simply produce a .500 SEC team from where this one sits.
    Since Lemonis is now in shape and shit, he needs to get his ass out and hit the road starting the day after we lose to UT in the last game of the year. Pack your bags slim. You've got work to do. You've been feasting off the scraps from Cann but that excuse is over now. Get it done or get out.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Never thought I would have said this but you can not go into next season with the same players and same approach as this season. When things turn out to be a disaster like this, changes have to be made. And no I?m not talking about the coach, yet.

vCash
    Baseball is a different beast. Lemonis will shoulder the blame for the abysmal season this year and he will if next year is just as bad. However, look at baseball coaches around the league. They have been there for a long time and are given time to work. He will be here a while, but he needs to go into the off season with the intent of pushing the coaches and players to their limits. No more inflated egos after this season. I want to see our players improve

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Baseball is a different beast. Lemonis will shoulder the blame for the abysmal season this year and he will if next year is just as bad. However, look at baseball coaches around the league. They have been there for a long time and are given time to work. He will be here a while, but he needs to go into the off season with the intent of pushing the coaches and players to their limits. No more inflated egos after this season. I want to see our players improve
    Vitello won 50 in year 4, and he's doing even better in year 5. Can we at miss state not expect similar results or does our coach need 6 years to get the program to the level where he found it?

vCash
    Vitello won 50 in year 4, and he's doing even better in year 5. Can we at miss state not expect similar results or does our coach need 6 years to get the program to the level where he found it?
    I understand that, but how did he do in his first 2-3 years? I know Lemonis wasn?t coaching his recruits, but he still had this team in Omaha in the last few years. Hell I want to say Lemonis has been to Omaha more times then OM and S. Miss. Of course that could be the pool side margaritas talking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I understand that, but how did he do in his first 2-3 years? I know Lemonis wasn?t coaching his recruits, but he still had this team in Omaha in the last few years. Hell I want to say Lemonis has been to Omaha more times then OM and S. Miss. Of course that could be the pool side margaritas talking
    I have zero doubt that lemonis can coach a team. I have big doubts now that he can build a team. Vitello has proven he can build a winner, and he's doing in a time frame that we're saying isnt achievable for lemonis. Is Tenn that much more attractive to recruits that they can get them right away and we have to wait till 8th graders MAYBE make it college?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Well then he shouldn't have shit the bed with a good team this year. Now he must overachieve to correct it. This program isn't a "misses postseason" program
    This thing is going to go one of two ways. This is either an Arkansas in 2016 type outlier or Lemonis is the baseball Gene Chizik. I hope it is the former and he rights the ship like DVH.

vCash
    So, we are going to hire another new coach, making it our fifth in, what, seven years? Then we lose 3/4 of our commits and ya’ll are wondering why we suck when we can’t beat the rest of the league with left over recruits that we poached from usm, uab, and Memphis in an effort to fill out a roster.

Look at florida. O’Sullivan is supposed to be a whiz bang coach, recruits lights out every year and they have badly underperformed the last few years. It’s baseball and it is the SEC.

My biggest concern with our coaching staff right now is, did they genuinely think this team was going to be in the top half of the league, even without the injuries? Without injuries, I think we fight to get to 15-15 but do and make the tournament. We never should have been in the discussion for repeating anything.

Ya’ll chill out. Augie Garrido wasn’t winning with this situation.

vCash
    IMO Foxhall and especially Gotro had better fix pitching and hitting. The approach and the swing at the plate has not been adjusted one damn bit since day one of the season. We are the same horrible hitting team that started the season. A coach should be able to tweak a batters swing ever so slightly to make better contact with the ball.

I?m angry at this team for their lack of attitude. They are a embarrassment to a lot of former players that wore the M over S. This series Florida shoved up our back hole and made us like it. That is unacceptable!

vCash
    Lemonis pulled all the right strings last year. And we had some luck along the way. And we had a few extreme Alphas that were ultra competitive and clutch performers.

This weekend we had 1st & 2nd with no outs 2 or 3 times and didn't score. Tanner Leggett hasn't played in 3 weeks and he has been perfect laying down bunts every time he has been asked to do so. Pinch hit him in those situations we win at least 1 this weekend. It's absolutely unfathomable if he didn't at least consider it.

vCash
    I'm shocked about our hitting this year. We started 6 of our 9 guys that started the national championship.

We replaced dubrule with Yeager which is a pretty big upgrade.

We replaced Tanner Allen with Hunter Hines.

And we replaced Rowdey with Jess Davis who has played a ton of college baseball. Amazing the difference. Tanner Allen was unreal.

vCash
    Y'all need to back away from the ledge. It's a bad year. Coach ain't going anywhere. Nobody is unless they get a HC job.

vCash
    Now I will say this. I am pissed Lemonis did not get tossed last night in the 9th. That ump deserved to have a new ear hole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Y'all need to back away from the ledge. It's a bad year. Coach ain't going anywhere. Nobody is unless they get a HC job.
    of course he's not going anywhere. Is anyone saying differently?

vCash
    Vitelli ain't won a natty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Lemonis pulled all the right strings last year. And we had some luck along the way. And we had a few extreme Alphas that were ultra competitive and clutch performers.

This weekend we had 1st & 2nd with no outs 2 or 3 times and didn't score. Tanner Leggett hasn't played in 3 weeks and he has been perfect laying down bunts every time he has been asked to do so. Pinch hit him in those situations we win at least 1 this weekend. It's absolutely unfathomable if he didn't at least consider it.
    Remember he pinch hit for Leggett a couple of weeks ago with none other than VS... leggett is the most clutch hitter we have