Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lemonis...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's a juco. All jucos are draft eligible.
    Correct, it's been a long, rough day today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's a juco. All jucos are draft eligible.
    Yeah he's eligible I've seen him as high as #78 and outside the top 200 so who knows where's he's gonna go or if the money will be enough to sway him. I have heard he wants to play at State and I think it's greater than 50/50 we get him but who the heck knows with these kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Vitello won 50 in year 4, and he's doing even better in year 5. Can we at miss state not expect similar results or does our coach need 6 years to get the program to the level where he found it?
    Lemonis won 52 in year 1 including multiple CWS wins and 50 in full year 2 including the national championship.

Why did Vitello take so long to win 50 games? Vitello hasn't even won even 1 CWS game yet? He sucks compared to Lemonis!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Lemonis won 52 in year 1 including multiple CWS wins and 50 in full year 2 including the national championship.

Why did Vitello take so long to win 50 games? Vitello hasn't even won even 1 CWS game yet? He sucks compared to Lemonis!
    Let's just hope lemonis can build like Vitello. Tenn's 5 best pitchers are all Vitello recruits... 3 fresh, 1 soph, and a juco flame thrower

vCash

We are all going to feel much better when Tennessee is eliminated this year. It would be cool if it's done by some shitty PAC12 team that bunts them to death.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    We are all going to feel much better when Tennessee is eliminated this year. It would be cool if it's done by some shitty PAC12 team that bunts them to death.
    They are starting to struggle some and
    very rarely does the team that starts the season hot win it all. I don't believe ut wins it. Oregon State is really starting to get hot. I think it's wide open this year.

vCash

Yeah I don't get the argument here. Lemonis has out performed Vitello at this point and it's not even close. Lemonis inherited some talent but he also inherited some major issues and some personalities that didn't gel easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    They are starting to struggle some and
    very rarely does the team that starts the season hot win it all. I don't believe ut wins it. Oregon State is really starting to get hot. I think it's wide open this year.
    Biancoball - getting to number 1 early so that everyone can watch that late season slide

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Biancoball - getting to number 1 early so that everyone can watch that late season slide
    Doucheball is the Tennessee version

Maybe this is how you recruit 14 and 15 year-old kids. I bet riding with Bianco or Andy Cannizarro is thrilling to mid-teenage boys. My son is 7, I bet he rather hang with Vitello than Van Horn.

vCash
    We've got some young kids committed that I wouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole. I have no idea what we see in them except they play for a particular organization. They aren't even great HS players. I think sometimes coaches start taking kids like that from a particular organization and miss out on some better players. There's one kid that's been hurt this year and just came back that's as good as any hitter in MS. Already has like 5 bombs in the week he's been back. He's signed out of state with a former coach of ours.
    We really need to get back into FL. That's completely dried up for us. AL has been pretty good for lately. TX needs to be bigger for us. LA is hit and miss because of LSU. We seem to be going East for talent more and that's a positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Didn't see that. But I think if you ask most fans, they don't agree with that.
    I lean heavily towards agreeing with it. Never have understood the GoTro love here. Without major changes both he and Foxhall need to be looking elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yeah I don't get the argument here. Lemonis has out performed Vitello at this point and it's not even close. Lemonis inherited some talent but he also inherited some major issues and some personalities that didn't gel easily.
    We were on a 3 year SR streak coming off a CWS appearance when lemonis was hired.

Tennessee hadn't been to a regional in 14 years when Vitello was hired. Tenn is about to win 50 in back-to-back years after a CWS appearance last year

Vitello has a better winning % at Tenn than lemonis at state. I like lemonis (even though I'm pissed about this year), but I'd trade straight up.

ETA... lemonis does have the ultimate feather in his cap, and that should in no way be minimized, but as a state (and braves here) fan, we should realize that winning it all takes more than a little luck. It's not very often imo that the best team wins it all in baseball (pro or college). Putting yourself in a position to succeed in the postseason should be the biggest factor in judging a coach
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-10-2022 at 09:51 AM.

vCash
    We were on a 3 year SR streak coming off a CWS appearance when lemonis was hired.

Tennessee hadn't been to a regional in 14 years when Vitello was hired. Tenn is about to win 50 in back-to-back years after a CWS appearance last year

Vitello has a better winning % at Tenn than lemonis at state. I like lemonis (even though I'm pissed about this year), but I'd trade straight up.
    Exactly. We won a Natty because Bednar turned into Superman in Omaha. We'll see if somebody from Tenn does the same thing.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    I lean heavily towards agreeing with it. Never have understood the GoTro love here. Without major changes both he and Foxhall need to be looking elsewhere.
    Gotro can't coach clutch. That's on the kids. Average and HRs are as good and better than last year. It's the failures and some bad luck when we needed to produce with runners on that's been the killer. The possible negative take is that we've gotten away from driving the ball around the park and seem to have too many dead pull hitters. We're recruiting so hard to that short RF porch. I hate that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Closer. Closer. Closer. Not having a closer this year easily cost us 8-10 wins - maybe more. As a team, we have 4 saves this year. Last year, Sims had 13 and the team total was 18. 2019 Gordon had 11 and the team had 16. 2018 we had 14 as a team. 2017 Price had 14 and the team had 26. 2016 we had 19. You get the picture. This is our worst season for saves since 2015 (9), and the lowest total I can find going back to at least 1987 (5 - and I don't think the records on thebaseballcube.com are complete).
    And in 1987, we still qualified for the 6 team SEC tourney at UGA as the 6th seed, then proceeded to win it, beating LSU 13-3 in the Championship Game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    And in 1987, we still qualified for the 6 team SEC tourney at UGA as the 6th seed, then proceeded to win it, beating LSU 13-3 in the Championship Game.
    LSUX Complained and whined about us piling on when we won. Still remember that game.

vCash
    Everyone concerned with Vitello and Tenn., remember that he was at ark for 3 years and tcu before that. He had been recruiting the top kids for awhile in the same footprint and he is known to be one of, if not the top recruiter in the country. He probably didn’t miss a beat with who he was recruiting and probably has taken a few that were headed for ark. Lemonis, on the other hand, was probably not recruiting the same kids at Indiana that he recruits at State.

vCash
    I swear its as if some people just ignore that we lost the most dominant pitcher in the country and another one of our weekend starters and people think we should be just fine?

What is our record if Sims is healthy?

People that think Lemonis is on any type of hot seat next year are beyond stupid.

vCash
    I think going 12-18 in SEC next year with very little obvious improvement in 2024 would start some stirring.

vCash
    Let's just hope lemonis can build like Vitello. Tenn's 5 best pitchers are all Vitello recruits... 3 fresh, 1 soph, and a juco flame thrower
    And the MVP of the College World Series last year was a Lemonis recruit.