Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fan-Collective NIL for Baseball

vCash

Fan-Collective NIL for Baseball

Guys I really think we as fans need to take charge on some of this NIL stuff. Does anybody on here, maybe homedog, understand If we could collectively use a foundation or some type of nonprofit to sponsor these kids. Hear me out. If somebody trustworthy were to run this I would be more than happy to contribute. $100 per person would add up really quick. Just think if we can get 15,000 fans to donate $100 that's 1.5 million that we can split among the roster players. That would be a really cool bonus. That could be collected over one weekend of baseball pretty easy - I would even be willing just to mail mine in as I live out of state. I will pay a lot of money as an insurance policy so not to have to watch us play like what I've seen this weekend. Is there anything to stop us from doing something like this?

vCash
    From what I can tell the rules surrounding the NIL are almost impossible to regulate so I'm guessing something could be done. I'd be willing to ante up. We've got to get more talent on campus IMMEDIATELY.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    From what I can tell the rules surrounding the NIL are almost impossible to regulate so I'm guessing something could be done. I'd be willing to ante up. We've got to get more talent on campus IMMEDIATELY.
    This is my thought as well. And we need to get something done in the next 60 days I think to get them to campus by fall.

vCash

vCash
    I would pony up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Honestly, there can be no repercussions from this at this time because there are no rules to enforce it yet

vCash
    I would pay $150 for personal 30 min Q&A with a coach. I would even sign an NDA.

Or even a baseball banquet talking about recruiting, the season, and next year would worth 150. They can even serve hotdogs and BYOB (bring your own bourbon)

It would really be fun to try and hit a 97 mph fastball from Mikey Tepper. 15 pitches, $10 per pitch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I would pay $150 for personal 30 min Q&A with a coach. I would even sign an NDA.

Or even a baseball banquet talking about recruiting, the season, and next year would worth 150. They can even serve hotdogs and BYOB (bring your own bourbon)

It would really be fun to try and hit a 97 mph fastball from Mikey Tepper. 15 pitches, $10 per pitch
    I really like those ideas.

Except I don't know if I want to face one of our pitchers after some of the comments I've made this year. I'll probably have to just wear at least one.

vCash

I have personally excommunicated a minimum of 4 pitchers from our university so far this season. I have a feeling at least 6 of those pitches would be hunting an ear hole.

vCash
    Better do it quick. Sankey and the Pac 12 commish already trying to get Congress to regulate it nationally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Guys I really think we as fans need to take charge on some of this NIL stuff. Does anybody on here, maybe homedog, understand If we could collectively use a foundation or some type of nonprofit to sponsor these kids. Hear me out. If somebody trustworthy were to run this I would be more than happy to contribute. $100 per person would add up really quick. Just think if we can get 15,000 fans to donate $100 that's 1.5 million that we can split among the roster players. That would be a really cool bonus. That could be collected over one weekend of baseball pretty easy - I would even be willing just to mail mine in as I live out of state. I will pay a lot of money as an insurance policy so not to have to watch us play like what I've seen this weekend. Is there anything to stop us from doing something like this?
    Bulldog initiative... go

vCash
    We'd all be ok vs PFS. He couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

These are really good ideas

vCash

Cash in hand. Where do I sign up?!!!!?

vCash
    Another idea, my wife has forced me to go on vacations with her Bunco night friends. I have enough time served in 2021 and 2022 to attend a MSU baseball fantasy camp for a few days. I'm talking grown man camp.

(1) Help us get good for Corporate Softball
    (2) Get coached up by Geautreau to hit bombs
    (3) Get to see legit curve balls like a real 12-6 - and try to hit them
    (4) Get to play in the Dude

Seriously, Duke offers exactly this: https://kacademy.com/wp-content/uplo...pions-1024.jpg

Major league baseball fantasy camp costs $3K.

If MSU accounting department plays ball, that $3K can be a straight donation for the participants. Like, they buy all the SWAG from NIL participants, hotel at NIL participant, food from NIL vendors, etc.

vCash
    Another idea, my wife has forced me to go on vacations with her Bunco night friends. I have enough time served in 2021 and 2022 to attend a MSU baseball fantasy camp for a few days. I'm talking grown man camp.

(1) Help us get good for Corporate Softball
    (2) Get coached up by Geautreau to hit bombs
    (3) Get to see legit curve balls like a real 12-6 - and try to hit them
    (4) Get to play in the Dude

Seriously, Duke offers exactly this: https://kacademy.com/wp-content/uplo...pions-1024.jpg

Major league baseball fantasy camp costs $3K.

If MSU accounting department plays ball, that $3K can be a straight donation for the participants. Like, they buy all the SWAG from NIL participants, hotel at NIL participant, food from NIL vendors, etc.
    A MSU fantasy baseball camp would be a guaranteed sell out. That's another great idea.

vCash
    Cohen isnt going to push the envelope on anything. His focus will be on cost cutting.

vCash
    where is he currently planning to cut costs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Cohen isnt going to push the envelope on anything. His focus will be on cost cutting.
    The exact opposite actually.

The school can't arrange or contribute money to these collectives like The Bulldog Initiative. But Cohen is on board with them.

Reach out to Charlie, he is taking donations. You can even request your money be allocated to a certain position or player. There is really no reason we all shouldn't give 100-200 dollars at least. Probably a couple of times a year. We can all spare $25 a month.