Thread: Women's basketball lineup

vCash

Women's basketball lineup

Top 5...right now (listed in no particular order), can change

- Jessika Carter 6-5 (one of top 2 post players in SEC, sat out last season)
    - Nyayongah Gony 6-4 (#54 ESPN coming out of high school, sat out last season before transferring)
    - Denae Carter 6-0 (rebounding, defense, glue player, rehabbing knee injury)
    - Jerkaila Jordan 5-8 (best all around game of returning players)
    - Anastasia Hayes 5-7 (led SEC in scoring for a while last season, a top level guard nationally)
    Next Two
    - Asianae Johnson (new transfer, avg over 18 pts per gm last season)
    - Aislynn Hayes (solid off bench last season, and one of the top 2 returning perimeter shooters)

(Note) Team played way better after Rickea Jackson quit but later, after Denae Carter went down with a knee injury...team collapsed down the stretch. Denae's presence inside held things together despite team being short handed in the frontcourt. Also, note that Aislynn Hayes was normally the first or one of the first off the bench last season. A big key with the guards is taking care of the basketball (no Myah Taylor), and effectively execute Purcell's offense (Louisville offense? hybrid or other?).

Mystery Players
    Kourtney Weber and Alasia Hayes

Freshman Sleeper (including overall sleeper)
    Aniya Palmer

Next Sleeper
    Ramani Parker
    Last edited by jdelta02; 05-06-2022 at 10:58 AM.

vCash

What about the tall girl who got something like 18 rebounds in a game last season?

Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post

- Nyayongah Gony 6-4 (#54 ESPN coming out of high school, sat out last season before transferring)
    - Anastasia Hayes 5-7 (led SEC in scoring for a while last season, a top level guard nationally)
    Next Two
    - Aislynn Hayes (solid off bench last season, and one of the top 2 returning perimeter shooters)

(Note) Team played way better after Rickea Jackson quit but later, after Denae Carter went down with a knee injury...team collapsed down the stretch. Denae's presence inside held things together despite team being short handed in the frontcourt. Also, note that Aislynn Hayes was normally the first or one of the first off the bench last season. A big key with the guards is taking care of the basketball (no Myah Taylor), and effectively execute Purcell's offense (Louisville offense? hybrid or other?).

Mystery Players

Aniya Palmer

Next Sleeper
    Ramani Parker
    dont remember her name

vCash
    you forgot the white girl !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    dont remember her name
    That is Charlotte Kohl. Also, I think Debreasha Powe has the talent and size to be an impact player.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    you forgot the white girl !!
    Charlotte should be a good player off the bench. If she's a starter we are in trouble again. Just the opinion of a feller white guy lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Charlotte should be a good player off the bench. If she's a starter we are in trouble again. Just the opinion of a feller white guy lol
    Hahahahaha, you're right though. Kohl is solid off the bench but not a starter. She did improve alot over the season and finished really strong for us.

vCash

I agree she is a bench player

Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Hahahahaha, you're right though. Kohl is solid off the bench but not a starter. She did improve alot over the season and finished really strong for us.
    I was just curious as to why OP didn?t list her at all. He named other players he thought would help off the bench.
    Got me to thinking maybe she had graduated or transferred.
    Seems that anyone who can pull 18 rebounds in an SEC game would have some value.
    But what do I know, I?m a man and didn’t play girls BB in high school. Only boys. We weren’t allowed to identify in my day. If we had been, I may have gotten 18 rebounds in a conference game, too!
    Last edited by cujo; 05-06-2022 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    She improved remarkably over the season last year. She was thrown in the fire and performed very well. I hope she gets lots of playing time this year.

vCash

Next Two

Mystery Players

Aniya Palmer

Next Sleeper
    Ramani Parker
    Good to see that Anastasia Hayes is still with us. I really enjoyed watching her play and she did a really good job.

vCash
    I was just curious as to why OP didn?t list her at all. He named other players he thought would help off the bench.
    Seems that anyone who can pull 18 rebounds in an SEC game would have some value.
    But what do I know, I?m a man and didn’t play girls BB in high school. Only boys. We weren’t allowed to identify in my day. If we had been, I may have gotten 18 rebounds in a conference game, too!
    If only you had transitioned ....

vCash
    I didn't forget Charlotte Kohl, she's just not in my top 7 listing. After these 7...she could very well fit anywhere.in the rotation, even first off the bench at times if situation calls for, coach/coaches decide. Same with the others mentioned. With the mystery players...who knows (note..term "mystery") where they fit at this point? Coaching staff can learn more about them going forward. My sleeper is the ultra athletic freshman from Georgia. Her combination of length, skill, ability to really defend, head turning atleticism, her videos, and fact that she's been much under scouted due to various factors, plus the way Coach Purcell raved about her including "through the roof potential"), ect. I agree, freshman Debreasha Powe in the mix, can potentially help as well. Ramani Parker is another talented transfer frontcourt player, have her as a another player that could step up..even ahead of Kohl. Not counting Kohl out of being good though.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 05-06-2022 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    You said that jokingly but I agree, pulling down 18 rebounds against Arkansas showed alot. She also started scoring some down in the post..... I'm not saying she is a difference maker but she can be a rotation piece and big body on this team.

vCash
    I didn't forget Charlotte Kohl, she's just not in my top 7 listing. After these 7...she could very well fit anywhere.in the rotation, even first off the bench at times if situation calls for, coach/coaches decide. Same with the others mentioned. With the mystery players...who knows (note..term "mystery") where they fit at this point? Coaching staff can learn more about them going forward. My sleeper is the ultra athletic freshman from Georgia. Her combination of length, skill, ability to really defend, head turning atleticism, her videos, and fact that she's been much under scouted due to various factors, plus the way Coach Purcell raved about her including "through the roof potential"), ect. I agree, freshman Debreasha Powe in the mix, can potentially help as well. Ramani Parker is another talented transfer frontcourt player, have her as a another player that could step up..even ahead of Kohl. Not counting Kohl out of being good though.
    I watched some of her video as well. She is 6'0" and athletic but I don't know if she plays alot or if at all this season unless she is really just that good. Jerkaila Jordan and Danae Carter will be ahead of her and Debreasha Powe probaly will be also. You can't forget about the other 2 Hayes sisters and Asianae Johnson either. Where will her time come from? Yes she is a little taller than some of those girls but Purcell brought in alot of size so we won't be playing small like last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I watched some of her video as well. She is 6'0" and athletic but I don't know if she plays alot or if at all this season unless she is really just that good. Jerkaila Jordan and Danae Carter will be ahead of her and Debreasha Powe probaly will be also. You can't forget about the other 2 Hayes sisters and Asianae Johnson either. Where will her time come from? Yes she is a little taller than some of those girls but Purcell brought in alot of size so we won't be playing small like last year.

I know it may look tough at this point for either true freshman getting on the court much for next season relative the older more experienced players. Still, not ruling it out.
    I read where Palmer plays all 5 positions, that's a plus. If either she or Debreasha Powe or even both is/are good enough to play as a freshman, and needed they normally will. If not they normally won't at least as much. Both bring good size, skill, and versatility. Just inexperienced on any college level, and lack the additional training, development, and coaching that come with it. Sometimes freshmen are ready, sometimes take longer.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 05-07-2022 at 05:17 PM.

vCash
    (A couple of roster notes)
    See where on the 2022-23 roster listings (though new players not yet listed) that....
    - Mia Moore 5-6 guard (point guard) is listed as a redshirt freshman
    - Alasia Hayes 5-7 guard (point guard) is listed as a redshirt sophomore

(Note) Both players basically sat out last season. Also, this puts Mia Moore in the same freshman class with Aniya Palmer and Debreasha Powe. Hayes transfered out of Notre Dame early part of her freshman season. Also, both came into Miss. State as point guards. Alasia Hayes origially signed by Note Dame as the class of 2020 #40 overall player by ESPN, and #14 point guard. Moore #20 point guard class of 2021. This makes Alasia the 2nd highest rated hs recruit on the whole team according to ESPN, right behind her sister Anastasia. (Note).....
    1 Anastasia Hayes #7 ESPN, #6 Prospects Nation
    2 Alasia Hayes # 40 ESPN, Ramani Parker #29 Prospects Nation
    3 Jerkaila Jordan #45 ESPN
    4 Jessika Carter #46 ESPN
    5 Kourtney Weber #51 ESPN
    6 Nyayongah Gony #58 ESPN
    7 Debreasha Powe #84 ESPN
    Last edited by jdelta02; 05-09-2022 at 12:42 PM.