Thread: SEC football opening day lines...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Honestly, they were a poor man's version of what Mullen was doing at MSU.

If Mullen had decided to stay and stop shopping he would have most likely had a job for a very long time, the same way Stoops does. For all his faults, Mullen did have an identity here and could have done what Stoops was doing, just a little better. Our ceiling is significantly higher than Kentucky, but our road to Atlanta was and is harder.

Stoops could only do what he has done at Kentucky, a basketball school that doesn't ask him to do to much, and doesn't care if he has a bad season. I hope he is smart and stays there, but my guess he will do something dumb and take the AU job once they fire Harsin in about six months.
    I really truly believe if Mullen had given the same strain to the football program he insisted the fans and the players gave we would have had two Natties. One with Cam at QB (yes, we would have paid Daddy) and the other with Dak. Then Dan probably would have moved on to the NFL in 2016 as a head coach while we were making bronze statues of him, Dak and Cam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I really truly believe if Mullen had given the same strain to the football program he insisted the fans and the players gave we would have had two Natties. One with Cam at QB (yes, we would have paid Daddy) and the other with Dak. Then Dan probably would have moved on to the NFL in 2016 as a head coach while we were making bronze statues of him, Dak and Cam.
    It's hard to argue with this. Dan gave a half assed effort.