Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RPI Update/Prediction

vCash
    RPI? More like RIP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Great post.

You know, Bruns, every year is different no matter who the team(baseball,football,basketball, pro, amatuer, it doesn't matter), even for defending champs(like State and the Braves). You always have some changes and well it's just a different season and every one is different. I remember watching one of those mic'd up things and Bill Belichik was talking to Brady on the sideline at the end of a bad loss, and he was saying I just can't get this team to buy in, can't get them to make the plays, can't get them to do the little things, and he was just shaking his head and Brady was agreeing. They won the super bowl the next year.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again.
    Both of you are correct. That is why Saban gets mad at reporters first of the season every year, even with the best there is a lot that goes into winning championship's beside great players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's absolutely baffling. Because Jess Davis hasn't really done anything to not play. It's like he wants anyone but Davis to be the CF.
    I agree with you. None of our guys (Davis, McGowan, Skinner, or Corder) have done anything to earn the spot. However, Davis is the only one that hasn't stunk and done something "to not play". He's been average at best, which unfortunately makes him the clear leader in center.

It appears that Lemonis knew Skinner wasn't the answer, and thought Davis wasn't either. I think he hoped Corder would claim it (he didn't), then hoped McGowan would claim it (he didn't). So then he hopes Alford can hit some so Kam James can play CF.

I would love to know our offensive stats in centerfield versus our offensive stats at shortstop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Both of you are correct. That is why Saban gets mad at reporters first of the season every year, even with the best there is a lot that goes into winning championship's beside great players.
    True, but football is a different animal and is such a physical game that normally the team with the most dominant talent almost always wins until they finally meet up with someone else with comparable physical talent. Basketball and baseball just allow for the less talented team to win way, way more often, especially baseball due to the nature of the game. And that's why, due to the fact that the elite football programs are allowed to hoard most of the elite talent with 85 scholarships, that there are really only about 6 to 8 teams that are capable of winning the NC each year in football.

vCash
    I?m pretty sure the multiple times when our Big Bopper home run hitters could not only NOT get a little Ol single with less than 2 outs and RISP, but on multiple multiple occasions, when even a ball put in play could have scored a run, these same Big Boppers struck out with impunity, sometimes thinking it was the Ump?s fault like most on this board did. Even with our pitching woes, the hitting failed us due to multiple, multiple Solo Homeruns, but no one able to get THE Key Hit!
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 05-04-2022 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    What?s troubling to at least some of us is our guys don?t seem to want to embrace trying to be hitters when they need to be instead of power swingers.
    It's difficult when their whole lives they've been turning and burning. They can get away with that in high school. As they go up the ladder they'll have to adapt more or they'll flame out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I agree with you. None of our guys (Davis, McGowan, Skinner, or Corder) have done anything to earn the spot. However, Davis is the only one that hasn't stunk and done something "to not play". He's been average at best, which unfortunately makes him the clear leader in center.

It appears that Lemonis knew Skinner wasn't the answer, and thought Davis wasn't either. I think he hoped Corder would claim it (he didn't), then hoped McGowan would claim it (he didn't). So then he hopes Alford can hit some so Kam James can play CF.

I would love to know our offensive stats in centerfield versus our offensive stats at shortstop.
    I'd say you were right. I actually had something similar happen to me in HS. Our SS left and I moved from 2B to SS because our other option was a Freshman SS. I sucked at SS, and after about 6 games, our coach started trying other guys and rotating me between 2B, 3B and OF to give other guys a chance to win the job. Problem was, they sucked more than me, so he'd have to move me back to SS. Sometimes all you have is the least worst option.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18