Thread: I may be wrong

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    If you think this year is bad wait till next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If you think this year is bad wait till next year.
    Many think this way, but it's way too early to throw the towel in. Let's wait and see who we bring in, portal is a big deal now days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Many think this way, but it's way too early to throw the towel in. Let's wait and see who we bring in, portal is a big deal now days.
    Our best hope is to utilize the NIL to pick off a few guys that might not otherwise leave but may if we can give them enough $$$. Even said, that's a patch and not a fix. We should go after some guys from Dallas Baptist, Georgia Southern and Mercer (again). Hell, RJ is probably wishing he hadn't left. Mercer is 36-8 and no. 10 in the RPI. Think where they would be with RJ.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 05-02-2022 at 09:30 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Our best hope is to utilize the NIL to pick off a few guys that might not otherwise leave but may if we can give them enough $$$. Even said, that's a patch and not a fix. We should go after some guys from Dallas Baptist, Georgia Southern and Mercer (again). Hell, RJ is probably wishing he hadn't left. Mercer is 36-8 and no. 10 in the RPI. Think where they would be with RJ.
    We have to patch for next year but I think after that we'll be fine. I think this is partially us paying for the three coaching changes in a row while also not quite getting the full recruiting benefit of winning a National Championship. Sort of like 2014-2015. The players we have now committed to Cann for the most part and a couple even committed to Cohen. We didn't get the full benefit of going to the 2013 Finals until 2016. This year would have been another good year had we not had so many key pitching injuries. It is what it is.

I'll add this though- we should go after some of USM and La Tech's players too. And I think we should also go after some players playing the SEC as well. La Tech has some tough hard nosed players and USM has at least one sophomore pitcher that we could use as well as one of their outfielders. The three players I have in mind are playing in the Cape this summer and the other is a top 200 MLB.com draft prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    RJ Yeager is having an great season. His production is matching 1st round, stud horses like Dylan Crews and Jacob Berry.

RJ is up there with Nate Lowe and Jack Kruger as a great 1-year transfer for MSU