Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Makai Undrafted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He caught 100 balls in the SEC- coming back wasnt going to help him. He had nothing left to accomplish

He will sign FA and we'll see what happens from here
    Playing another year of SEC football means nothing? Mangum had nothing left to accomplish but came back for his senior year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    lol ok dude. Still happy to take your money if you want to back up what you said earlier
    What did I say earlier ? Take my money regarding what ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    He’s better than most of the recievers Dallas has had over the last several years.
    What? Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Playing another year of SEC football means nothing? Mangum had nothing left to accomplish but came back for his senior year.
    Sec hit leader. He was never gonna see mlb anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Undrafted players should be allowed to return to college if they want
    No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What? Lol
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    No
    Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I have always been fascinated with the 40 yard speed/time measurement being a major decision factor in the draft or even in recruiting.

I bet there is not a person on this board that could double click a timer between 4.4 and 4.6 seconds. And I have never seen a CB who runs a 4.6 pull out a timer to see if the receiver he is covering can run 15 hundreds of a second faster than him. It?s like saying a boxer who is 6?3? 225 with a 78 inch reach is going to dominate the boxer who is 6?3? 215 with a 74 inch reach.
    Exactly , it really only means something relatively within a certain range. Yea you can?t be a r b in the nfl with a 4.9 forty but when you get down to 4.4 to 4.6 where most everybody is it doesn?t mean much, Emmett smith did not have a good forty time I believe I?ve seen him as slow as 4.6 . Walter Payton,late in his career did likely not have a great forty time but he was still probably the greatest back of all time. Cutting ability, game speed when someone is chasing you , acceleration out of the hole, vision, anticipation...none of that is measured in the straight ahead forty. Physicality, stiff arm, breaking tackles....I?d take an old Payton over just about anybody playing today. Of course early in Payton?s career he was fast as hell. Can?t measure heart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Who?
    Lamb
    Cooper
    Gallup
    Wilson

Hell, basically all of them. There's a reason why they're on an nfl roster and Polk is hoping to survive training camp

vCash
    Sec hit leader. He was never gonna see mlb anyway.
    Is Polk ever going to see NFL? I just think that Spurrier Jr was right on Polk and I think Polk got bad advice. It was a stacked year for WR's and he could have worked another year at MSU and maybe been a 3rd-5th rounder. Is there no value in playing SEC football? Monetary-NIL, Academic?, Noteriarty? Should everyone who has accomplished all they can acommplish as juniors just not play as seniors? I really don't understand leaving school early if you aren't promised to be a 1st - 3rd rounder. You can improve....Yes, you can improve. You can accomplish more.

vCash
    Lamb
    Cooper
    Gallup
    Wilson

Hell, basically all of them. There's a reason why they're on an nfl roster and Polk is hoping to survive training camp
    Ha don?t even try. I?m convinced people on here watch only MSU tape and convinced because someone is the best player on our middle of the pack college team, they are going to be the same in the NFL

vCash
    what did coming back do for Magnum's career?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    what did coming back do for Magnum's career?
    He had a hell of time didn't he?

vCash
    Sure but MLB he will never see. He's a singles hitter
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Is Polk ever going to see NFL? I just think that Spurrier Jr was right on Polk and I think Polk got bad advice. It was a stacked year for WR's and he could have worked another year at MSU and maybe been a 3rd-5th rounder. Is there no value in playing SEC football? Monetary-NIL, Academic?, Noteriarty? Should everyone who has accomplished all they can acommplish as juniors just not play as seniors? I really don't understand leaving school early if you aren't promised to be a 1st - 3rd rounder. You can improve....Yes, you can improve. You can accomplish more.
    I think we agree on this, so not sure what we arguing.

vCash
    On a personal level he definitely should have come back to get a free degree and get laid for another year. Might have even snuck into one of the late rounds next year, but with our offense I doubt it. You have to have above average size, speed, or route running to be an effective NFL WR. He definitely doesn?t have the first 2, and our offense is what? 5 routes maybe? So not really a chance to showcase that either

vCash
    Agree. This was the wrong year to come out as a WR. O lineman, receivers and DBs seem to be the mainstays of this draft. Very reciever heavy. Just based on numbers , Polk would have been better off coming back to school for one more year. That said he will make an nfl roster.

Polk does not have any physical limitations, he has good hands, size and adequate speed athleticism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Agree. This was the wrong year to come out as a WR. O lineman, receivers and DBs seem to be the mainstays of this draft. Very reciever heavy. Just based on numbers , Polk would have been better off coming back to school for one more year. That said he will make an nfl roster.

Polk does not have any physical limitations, he has good hands, size and adequate speed athleticism.
    It's highly unlikely he makes an nfl roster. Sure some UDFAs do, but I'd bet a big sum he's not on the raven's roster after 4th preseason game

vCash
    It's highly unlikely he makes an nfl roster. Sure some UDFAs do, but I'd bet a big sum he's not on the raven's roster after 4th preseason game
    Lol

If Polk doesn’t catch on with the ravens, he will catch on with another roster. I’d be shocked if he does not make an nfl roster. He should sue his agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Lol

If Polk doesn’t catch on with the ravens, he will catch on with another roster. I’d be shocked if he does not make an nfl roster. He should sue his agent.
    Someone has no idea how hard it is to make an nfl roster. He better absolutely kill it on special teams to have any shot