Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers Interview

vCash

Will Rogers Interview

Watched the post practice vid of will the other day.

Damn! He's a little swole. Looks like he got a couple inches taller too. He physically looks like a SEC QB now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Watched the post practice vid of will the other day.

Damn! He's a little swole. Looks like he got a couple inches taller too. He physically looks like a SEC QB now.
    I noticed that too. It looks like he is finally filling out his frame. Some guys are late bloomers.

Banned
    vCash
    Wool.
    Good job Will & Keep at it sir. Are we watching a Kid transform to a Grown Assed Man? Can you imagine if he gets tougher to sack and more confidence to take off when warranted?

vCash
    Calling it, by the time he graduates/leaves he will be a first round pick. Arm will get much stronger and you cannot teach his accuracy. Great off the field and leadership qualities as well.

I was a big Will Rogers doubter start of the year but he has really grown on me. Literally
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 04-28-2022 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    Where can I find this interview?

vCash
    Rogers and Forbes interview from Tuesday the 26th.

article added:

STARKVILLE – It's hard to overstate what a full spring season meant for Mike Leach heading into his second season as coach of Mississippi State football.

He was hired in 2020 just a couple months prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. He was forced to teach a new team how to run the Air Raid, a repetition-based offense, without an offseason. The season that followed was an ugly 4-7 campaign.

Last season, MSU got to show what time and practice meant for this coaching staff’s system. Mississippi State took significant strides in all phases besides special teams and finished with a 7-6 record along with four SEC wins.

Another spring is in the books for Leach following the Bulldogs final practice and scrimmage Tuesday.

Here’s what we learned this spring from Mississippi State.

Expectations are high for Will Rogers
    Leach repeatedly reminded those who criticized Will Rogers last season of the quarterback’s youth. When Rogers took the field in a mid-October loss against Alabama, he was a game shy of a full season’s worth of career starts.

Leach noted that in his push for patience, and it showed in the latter half of the season. Rogers wound up breaking numerous Mississippi State single-season passing records and built a name for himself.
    There will be few excuses in place for Rogers heading into the 2022 season, and he knows it.

“The pressure can build up sometimes, but I try not to hear the outside noise,” Rogers said. “Coach Leach says all the time to ignore the noise. That’s gonna be my goal for this season, probably just to shut off social media. I don’t wanna see the good, the bad. I don’t wanna see any of it.”
    FanDuel has Rogers at No. 22 in its Heisman betting lines, just a couple spots behind Alabama linebacker Will Anderson — a potential No. 1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. The odds are lofty (+8,000) but it’s a testament to how his name has grown in national conversations.

He was the undisputed starting quarterback during spring practice and will be moving forward. The question is if his game can continue to progress with reps.

Defensive front has plenty of depth
    Mississippi State’s front six on defense is stacked with Jordan Davis, Jett Johnson and Cameron Young. And those are only the players who were limited in the spring.

MSU expects to have a plethora of depth up front after owning one of the best rushing defenses in college football last year.

Mississippi State had good depth at linebacker last season with Tyrus Wheat as the standout and a mixture of Johnson, Nathaniel Watson and Aaron Brule rotating in the other two spots. Brule transferred to Michigan State but DeShawn Page has taken a clear step to help replace him.

Defensive coordinator Zach Arnett has ensured this group of linebackers can play in any slot, giving MSU a chance for fresh legs while also providing a security blanket for injuries as was seen with Johnson missing much of the spring with a fractured hand.

So, what about kicker?
    Mississippi State might have itself a kicker this season. The Bulldogs added a plethora of legs after their notorious struggles at kicker last season.
    The leader in the clubhouse for the starting spot appears to be Massimo Biscardi. The Coastal Carolina transfer has been consistent in spring scrimmages – making all three kicks Tuesday from 38, 42 and 47 yards.

Ben Raybon missed a pair of kicks in the final scrimmage, but he didn’t sell himself short. Raybon made a 57-yard kick last season with Northern Colorado. If he can find accuracy, he could add another dimension to special teams.
    Last edited by 99jc; 04-28-2022 at 04:48 PM.

vCash
    Y'all are talented if you can judge a players height by a headshot...***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Y'all are talented if you can judge a players height by a headshot...***
    Dude, you can obviously tell he's gotten taller by comparing him to the jumbotron in the background. I mean, gosh. *****

vCash
    The wool always grows so fast in the offseason
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Us ranchers call that compensatory gain for not growing any during the season lol

vCash
    And it's usually completely sheared off by October. Hopefully not this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Calling it, by the time he graduates/leaves he will be a first round pick. Arm will get much stronger and you cannot teach his accuracy. Great off the field and leadership qualities as well.

I was a big Will Rogers doubter start of the year but he has really grown on me. Literally
    Still a doubter. But hope I?m wrong. For your and Leach?s sake.

vCash
    Kids keep growing. College guys get a couple of inches taller, girls get a couple of inches of vodka around the waist.

vCash
    Zero chance Rogers is a 1st round pick

vCash
    Real good interview. Will is a modest guy and is ready to get the season started. He has definitely bulked up.

vCash
    Make that less than zero

Banned
    vCash
    17 that. Quit trying to be a disruptive asshole.

vCash
    finally ... some news about our spring training. I like how Arnett is cross-training the LB corp so they can play each others position if needed. Also like hearing that we could possibly have some depth at the DL ..... however, no mention of the OL. I hope that's not gonna be a problem for us but I know we are all expecting it to be
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    If Matt Corral isn’t a first round pick, Will Rogers definitely isn’t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    17 that. Quit trying to be a disruptive asshole.
    Him performing well in college has nothing to do with being a 1st round pick. He doesnt have the arm or measurables to be a 1st round draft pick. If that hurts your feelings- I'm sorry.