Thread: Women's basketball team

vCash

Women's basketball team

"BOOM" tweeted out from coaching staff yesterday.

vCash
    Reported last week that Miss. State had signed Aniya Palmer from Troup high school in Georgia. Appears quite a few fans wondering, and still waiting for official announcement. Miss. State has been pretty much crickets on this since initial report. Also, they are expected to be adding another player out of the transfer portal..save the remaining spot. All recruiting doesn't work the same, behind the scenes, stuff, ect. Also, sometimes the athlete delays announcement in order to do it at an event on a particular day at school. Various reasons. Patience.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-28-2022 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    Aniya Palmer is now officially signed according Miss. State's official Twitter. Huge "under-the-radar' pickup for the women's basketball program.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-28-2022 at 05:04 PM.

vCash
    I think i might like this new coach, even if he does remind me of Orville Redenbacher!

vCash
    I don?t care if he looks like Orville Redenbacher or even Mickey Mouse as longs as he doesn?t settle for mediocrity.

vCash

Unrelated to the "boom"

But a friend of mind told me we had offered Ace Austin from Spring Garden (AL). She's just a 9th grader. Think Auburn & FSU have offered as well. Her dad's the coach & a super nice guy.

vCash
    Under the radar equals little interest elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    This case is a lot different than many others. Her situation stands out. She's high level talent, skill and athleticism. COVID and injuries set her career and exposure to AAU evaluations back tremendously. Also, she missed most of her senior season with a shoulder injury, also surgery. Saw a video of her playing a game with one whole arm wrapped. Before this stuff she was definitely on the rise. (Note) Had interest from Louisville, others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Lol I agree. Under the radar is a tough sale for me... but in Purcells defense, he was able to keep all 3 Hayes sisters, Danae Carter, Jessika Carter, Jerkaila Jordan, kohl. Then went out and added a 6'4 big from Louisville who played behind some wnba girls, a wing transfer from Florida State and a quick gaurd from St. Bonnie who averaged 18 ppg..... plus the freshman coming in... he is also supposed to be bringing in one more, so he has the talent and depth to work with

vCash
    Remember me posting on this board before the start of last season about Denae Carter being the sleeper out of the incoming freshmen for last season. Also, I studied her videos, comments from her AAU coach, stats, ect. She's out of/grew up..Philly, makes a difference regarding basketball as well. Jasmine Shavers ended up transferring out. Aniya Palmer..another sleeper. Also, Coach Purcell indicated that he's going to commit to developing her, and that her potential is through the roof, and that he wants her to stick around at Miss. State for her basketball career. He's been around for a good while recruiting high level talent for Louisville, knows high level talent. He knows that Kourtney Weber is very good talent and and has accessed her potential ability regardless a down year last season. Has idea what he can get out of Ramani Parker..another top 100 recruit.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-29-2022 at 12:58 AM.