Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tolu officially coming back

vCash

Tolu officially coming back

vCash
    Who knew there was any loyalty left in the NCAA. He's the kind of player other guys want to play with. Now Jans needs to start getting some players.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 04-26-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    He might be an all time favorite for many of us just by his returning message. I hope he kills it next year!

vCash
    I'm glad he's staying... big piece for Jans in the middle. Now he has to surround him with some players. We desperately need some Gaurds and shooters..right now our only ball handler is DeShawn Davis

vCash
    So Leach was seen a running off the weak and the Dawgs stayed. Can the same be said for Jans?

vCash
    Gotta love Tolu, he s all Dawg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Who knew there was any loyalty left in the NCAA.
    It cost us some money. Loyalty aint free anymore
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Maybe he will actually stay healthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    So Leach was seen a running off the weak and the Dawgs stayed. Can the same be said for Jans?
    Andersson Garcia and Shakeel Moore were both tough nosed players who wanted to be coached. I wouldn't consider them weak, Fountain was too.. Sometimes when coaching changes happen the new coach and old players just don't mesh.

Keeping Tolu was huge, now I'm curious to see who Jans brings in. We need 6 players.. thats alot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It cost us some money. Loyalty aint free anymore
    Not sure how you mean this Coach. Are you implying it took under the table money from the booster crowd or otherwise he doesn’t stay?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Andersson Garcia and Shakeel Moore were both tough nosed players who wanted to be coached. I wouldn't consider them weak, Fountain was too.. Sometimes when coaching changes happen the new coach and old players just don't mesh.

Keeping Tolu was huge, now I'm curious to see who Jans brings in. We need 6 players.. thats alot
    I hope Moore and Garcia reconsider.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Not sure how you mean this Coach. Are you implying it took under the table money from the booster crowd or otherwise he doesn’t stay?
    I’m saying LSU offered 250K NIL for him to transfer to them. So you can bet it cost us some green to keep him. Loyalty cost us at least 250K

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post

Seriously? These guys are about money. They are jumping at money offers right and left. Every player now is about what you gonna give them. Money talks now

vCash
    Seriously? These guys are about money. They are jumping at money offers right and left. Every player now is about what you gonna give them. Money talks now
    You can't prove that, you don't the dynamics in the locker room and how they gelled with Jans. And let's be honest, the world revolves around money, everyone is trying to better themselves and their family... plus Moore and Garcia came to play for Howland not Jans, just because they left doesn't mean it was just for money

vCash
    Yep, https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...02337490563074

Wichita State player enters the portal.....gets NIL deals from Wichita supporters, back at Wichita State all within a few days
    Last edited by CovertDawg; 04-26-2022 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    I?m saying LSU offered 250K NIL for him to transfer to them. So you can bet it cost us some green to keep him. Loyalty cost us at least 250K
    OK. But if I understand how this works ? and granted I may not yet ? the schools have nothing to do with arranging these NIL deals or making these payments. A third party for-profit entity puts the businesses and the athletes together. And the athlete reports the deal to the school and the school tries to determine if the deal conforms to state law. So guess I?m not understanding how the school is involved with securing athletes with NIL deals.

vCash
    Another question mark is can boosters now legitimately funnel their payments to players through businesses in the form of NIL deals. Even if the funds expended have no real marketing return to the businesses. I mean who’s going to police this stuff.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Another question mark is can boosters now legitimately funnel their payments to players through businesses in the form of NIL deals. Even if the funds expended have no real marketing return to the businesses. I mean who’s going to police this stuff.
    I'm thinking coaches are in direct contact with cigar boys discussing rosters and how to slice up the NIL Pie. Who knows, maybe some of our defectors were low bid per Jans' instruction thinking he can get a better replacement. I'm glad we have a coach with JUCO Experience fielding teams on the fly every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I'm thinking coaches are in direct contact with cigar boys discussing rosters and how to slice up the NIL Pie. Who knows, maybe some of our defectors were low bid per Jans' instruction thinking he can get a better replacement. I'm glad we have a coach with JUCO Experience fielding teams on the fly every year.
    Starting to get the feeling it’s the Wild West until whoever is going to police this gets a handle on it. And apparently Mark Emmert feels he wants no part of this mess.

vCash
    Cam is coming back too!