Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't we getting MBK transfers?

vCash

Why aren't we getting MBK transfers?

Maybe bc of this...

Nijel Pack transfers to Miami: Former Kansas State star to earn $800,000 in NIL deal with LifeWallet

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ev96Qp78q80rmg

I don't think college sports are gonna be good for us in the future

vCash
    We are a middle of the pack program in all sports but baseball. I don't think for those teams much will change. The top teams though will buy their teams and be good - a pro farm league.

There are always good players that can compete and win some but just not enough for championships that play out of their passion for the game. You have less head cases and less lockerroom drama that way. Don't underestimate all these other non paid athletes that are not 5 star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We are a middle of the pack program in all sports but baseball. I don't think for those teams much will change. The top teams though will buy their teams and be good - a pro farm league.

There are always good players that can compete and win some but just not enough for championships that play out of their passion for the game. You have less head cases and less lockerroom drama that way. Don't underestimate all these other non paid athletes that are not 5 star.
    We compete in the sec though where fans care a ton. Being one of the poorest fanbases in a rural town is not a good position to be in. aTm realized their money carries weight in recruiting this year, and they won't quit now. Texas will attempt to outbid them. Georgia, lsu, bama, Oklahoma, Florida, etc are gonna do what they have to...

vCash
    They probably should do away with the "transfer without sitting out" rule if these huge NIL deals are allowed.

vCash
    I think the easiest thing to do, which means the NCAA will not do it, would be to basically make every recruit sign a contract when they sign their NLI. Whether it be two years, three years, etc. and if they try to transfer before the end of the contract they have to sit out the duration of the contract. If they want to be treated like pros, which I have no problem with, then make them have ramifications like pros.

vCash
    We are in no way a middle of the pack program. We're a low end program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Hard disagree. In Basketball especially, we see Cinderella teams every March; there is the possibility that a "middle of the pack" team like us can hire a good coach, and catch the roster good, and make the Final Four. In football, there is the possibility we swing decent low 4* recruits from Bama using the playing time argument. We wont' win a Natty with those guys, but we can at least be good with them.

Now, in both sports money has always flown illegally, and the schools with money have bought players. But NIL allows them to throw around FAR more money than they could under the table... Now the elite Basketball programs will be able to buy talent even easier than before, and "middle of the pack" teams will have a harder time competing, and Cinderella stories get less and less common. In football Bama will throw so much money at that low 4* bench rider that even if the kid knows he'll be a bench rider, we can't get him to flip. We are about to get our lunch money taken by A&M because they are throwing $20+M per class in NIL deals, and the pure talent they'll have will overwhelm us.

The "haves" and "have nots" will be divided more and more, where booster $$$ is the only factor in who can separate.

State and 2/3rds of the P5 will soon feel like USM does now.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Interesting. Wonder if you took the total P5's and came up with an upper, mid & bottom 3rd where STATE would measure up. Maybe go back 15 yrs and give more weight for each newer year?

vCash
    NIL is just starting to make its impact. Football and basketball are about to be a wasteland of mediocrity for us in the coming years
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Isn't that what basketball already is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Isn't that what basketball already is?
    No- we've been winning around 20 games. We are headed for the 15-16 win level unless we find some money somewhere to compete in the NIL
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We need to put everything possible into baseball. It's our only hope

vCash
    This is the reason that NIL has ruined the game for me. Bama, tam, Ga, Fl, LSU in football will buy the best players and the teams like us, Ar, Ky, Mizzu, Ole Miss, Vandy, SoCal will get scraps left over. These teams will not have the talent to compete with the haves. And in my opinion why field a team if you know before the first game that you have ZERO chance of winning a championship. How long can these have not teams fans continue to support their teams. I guess the SEC money will prop up these teams enough for them them to continue and be a automatic win for the the haves.

And basketball is basically the same. The schools fans will flow lots of money into buying players. Just don?t have to buy as many players so therefore won?t have to spend as much.

I know there are NIL deals in college baseball. But it is much more watered down. Also for us at the beginning of the season least we have a shot for playing for championship and the other schools of the SEC in baseball can?t say that. Look at USM right now they have a real shot of playing for a championship (Omaha). Do they have the money, fans, facilities NO. But they have a chance. That?s why I?m a diehard college baseball fan. The have nots have at least a shot to win. Unlike football and basketball.

vCash
    Exactly. I know this is a MBK thread, but the 11.7 schollies for baseball actually created our chance. And Coastal Carolina?s chance.

Give The Alabamas and Oklahomas 25 Baseball scholarships and guess what?

The next best opportunity for a middle road program is basketball. 13 scholarships- get 3 star players and 6 roll players and you can win bigly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    NIL is just starting to make its impact. Football and basketball are about to be a wasteland of mediocrity for us in the coming years
    College basketball itself is pretty much becoming a wasteland. The whole thing is a total mess. I do think we have upgraded our coaching but Jans doesn't have the built in AAU connections Howland had and was coaching in a different part of the country. Its probably going to initially be one step back to hopefully take two steps forward with our basketball program. One thing we knew was we were going nowhere with Howland unless we just got a buttload of talent. He was done as a game coach.

vCash
    In MBK, we will be just fine because we will be taking advantage of Adidas. Adidas wants to see its schools do well and they are going to poor big money into the NIL. I?m extremely surprised those in the ?know? haven?t been talking about this. Now football? Sure.

https://www.sportico.com/business/sp...234669429/amp/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    No- we've been winning around 20 games. We are headed for the 15-16 win level unless we find some money somewhere to compete in the NIL
    Adidas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Middle of the pack nationally is what he meant, I think.

vCash
    Methinks in a few years most colleges will shut down all sports. There will still be some for maybe 20/30 teams the guys playing will be rich and a lot, thousands of kids will not even be going to college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Middle of the pack nationally is what he meant, I think.
    We are actually in a better position then when Pearl took Auburn over. We got the right guy leading our program. Add in the facility upgrades with a name brand like Adidas to help in NIL deals and we will be fine. I received verification that Adidas is involved. They want their teams to be successful in basketball and now their assistance is legal. You do the math. Btw, Miami is an Adidas school as well. I think A&M is the only other SEC school that?s Adidas.