Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corral "Kind of a Mess"

vCash
    He also mad a "reported" 15 on the wonderlic:... bout right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Corral will land on a bad team in the early 2nd round
    That will remain bad ...

vCash
    Kind of a mess? You either are or are not. Kelly was kinda a mess and fell to the 7th rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Bout like the guy I think he compares to, lamar Jackson. Jackson is a better runner, and I think corral is a better passer... both really athletic, strong arms. Jackson 13 wonderlic

ETA... Jackson basically landed in the perfect situation. Harbaugh allowed the OC to build an offense based on Jackson's talents. For corral to succeed, he really needs to land in a class organization like the ravens with a great coach like harbaugh
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-24-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I disagree. I think he will make it and be in the league for a while. Maybe not a starter, but the kid can sling it. Maybe life will get him to get serious about it.

Banned
    vCash
    Johnny Football = Johnny Reb Football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bout like the guy I think he compares to, lamar Jackson. Jackson is a better runner, and I think corral is a better passer... both really athletic, strong arms. Jackson 13 wonderlic

ETA... Jackson basically landed in the perfect situation. Harbaugh allowed the OC to build an offense based on Jackson's talents. For corral to succeed, he really needs to land in a class organization like the ravens with a great coach like harbaugh
    Running Doesn't take much need in processing information. Just run. And I'm not talking about reading the option. I mean he gets away w drop back passes that turn into chunk runs Bc he is a runner. Also, the league has figured Lamar out. If you want the saints to draft corral great. Just pray they get him in the third round. Bc he has bust potential.
    ETA there is a damn good reason they put faith in the wonderlic for qb's. ... is it fool proof no?? But not many succeed that make low scores...and comparing the two is silly. Lamar is way more talented...more arm strength, faster, more elusive....
    Last edited by Homedawg; 04-26-2022 at 12:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I disagree. I think he will make it and be in the league for a while. Maybe not a starter, but the kid can sling it. Maybe life will get him to get serious about it.
    More times than not it doesn't work like that.. money in the pocket leads to more dumb ass decisions instead of less. But I'm not against the kid. But I'm not cheering for him either

Banned
    vCash
    So he's dumb AND an arrogant thug asshole?

vCash
    Running Doesn't take much need in processing information. Just run. And I'm not talking about reading the option. I mean he gets away w drop back passes that turn into chunk runs Bc he is a runner. Also, the league has figured Lamar out. If you want the saints to draft corral great. Just pray they get him in the third round. Bc he has bust potential.
    ETA there is a damn good reason they put faith in the wonderlic for qb's. ... is it fool proof no?? But not many succeed that make low scores...and comparing the two is silly. Lamar is way more talented...more arm strength, faster, more elusive....
    If you like wonderlic, you should love Malik willis, 32. Personally, my favorite qbs in this draft for Saints...

1. Pickett at #19 (wonderlic 17)
    2. Ridder at #49 (wonderlic 19)
    3. Howell at #49 (wonderlic 34)
    4. Corral at #49 (wonderlic 15)
    5. Strong at #120 (wonderlic 22)

That's my qb big board. I wouldn't take any of them higher than the pick I list them at. As you can see, I don't put too much stock in wonderlic or hand size (Pickett)

vCash
    Does this mean Sam Hartman is coming back to Wake? If their defense improves just a little bit then Clawson about to win an ACC title with a roster recruiting average of a sun belt team

vCash
    True. But the good ones don't draft dipshits at the most important position.... the jets... well..and they do it over and over and over
    I would say they draft dipshits at all positions, they just don't waste high draft picks on them. Teams constantly reach for QBs because the the upside of getting a good one is so huge. But better organizations seem to take flyers on QBs in mid and later rounds more often than they ignore warning signs with QBs at high picks. Then the QBs they take flyers on have the benefit of a better supporting cast, rather than a roster hobbled by drafting a first day bust QB for each of the last 3 years.

Corral has the physical tools so someone is going to reach for him and convince themselves the high ceiling is worth the risk that giving him money will turn out just like you'd expect. That's more likely to be a poor organization, which increases the likelihood that it's not going to be a situation conducive to Corral doing well.

vCash
    Please, please, please let the Saints draft this guy.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Please, please, please let the Saints draft this guy.
    Looks like either the Saints or the Falcons. Supposedly the Saints want him to ride the pine for a year and "learn" behind Crab Legs. If true the Saints are going back to being the Detroit Lions of the South.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Looks like either the Saints or the Falcons. Supposedly the Saints want him to ride the pine for a year and "learn" behind Crab Legs. If true the Saints are going back to being the Detroit Lions of the South.
    Love that. This would be best case scenario for sure
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I follow about everything I can on the Saints. I really think they are going to try and go up for Cross if they can do it without losing the second 1st round pick then use that second one for a WR.

I think Strong may be the best QB in this class if that knee holds up. A lot of Corral's throws were RPO's that don't work in NFL (outside of 2017). I don't see how you could properly grade him as a scout. Kollman has a good breakdown on the QB prospects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfMH9qbWfgk

vCash
    I haven't saw anything connecting the saint to corral. As I said above though, I wouldn't hate it at #49. Saints probably go OT and WR at 16 and 19... corral would step in in 2023 with AK, MT, ram anchoring a good oline, hopefully no bust at other wr taken in 1st - not a bad spot for a young qb. I prefer other qbs over him though

vCash
    It seems he will slide into the 2nd round or maybe someone drafts him 25-32.

I think he has a long way to go to help an NFL franchise. I'm just glad he isn't on the bearsharks next year.

vCash
    I know you guys are dying for my mock draft, so here it is (haha)...

Sign honey badger with remaining money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Love that. This would be best case scenario for sure
    TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!