Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Lord

vCash

Good Lord

???there are no words.

vCash
    I HATE LSU in baseball, way worse than Ole Miss. The Rebels are and always will be overrated clowns. But LSU is different.

They are the guy that has been nailing our wife since the 90s. He knows that we know and he knows that we aren't going to do anything about it.

vCash
    Leadership I was talking about last week. Games like this is where it shows, tremendously.

I’m like you, I hate the bastards with the power of 1000 suns.

At what point do they get tired of getting kicked in the nutts and knock somebody the f out?
    Last edited by FriarsPoint; 04-08-2022 at 10:26 PM.

vCash
    It's not leadership. It's called having no damn pen. Fristoe is Fristoe. He should be better than he's performed. We need to load up on arms. We've got few on this team. Recruiting has to be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Recruiting has to be better.
    Yep. UT is making us and everyone else look like a bunch of pansies. And they are laughing their asses off with every sweep.

vCash
    We've got to hit the portal HARD this offseason. Next year's team is looking like it'll be worse on paper.... if that's even possible.

We should have playing time to sell, and boy, do we need to get to selling.

vCash
    It's not leadership. It's called having no damn pen. Fristoe is Fristoe. He should be better than he's performed. We need to load up on arms. We've got few on this team. Recruiting has to be better.
    True. But. At one point we had 10 hits and 2 runs with a chance to blow the game open.

vCash
    This is very true but there is also not a true leader out there right now. Our pen is very weak for MSU standards and SEC standards. I do believe a couple of these players are coasting right now, I can’t imagine a Tanner Allen or Jake Mangum or Adam Frazier allowing this team to do what they are doing right now. Need someone to step up and fast, may even be a bench guy, I had my hopes up on Yeager but he seems to be about the only one with some fire right now.

Banned
    vCash
    I hate this team worse than Russia & Covid right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    This is very true but there is also not a true leader out there right now. Our pen is very weak for MSU standards and SEC standards. I do believe a couple of these players are coasting right now, I can’t imagine a Tanner Allen or Jake Mangum or Adam Frazier allowing this team to do what they are doing right now. Need someone to step up and fast, may even be a bench guy, I had my hopes up on Yeager but he seems to be about the only one with some fire right now.
    We totally lack talent and development in the pen. Our pen leaders are now starters or injured. We haven't done a good job of development or recruiting. Foxhall needs to be better. He's running out of other guys talent.

vCash
    Can’t hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We've got to hit the portal HARD this offseason. Next year's team is looking like it'll be worse on paper.... if that's even possible.

We should have playing time to sell, and boy, do we need to get to selling.
    Yep, I'm actually worried more for next year than this year. This year is at best just sneaking into a regional although I think that is even unlikely. Not much we can do about it at this point. But, its one thing to put up with one subpar year, but how are we going to get this fixed by next season? Right now I don't even think we are a top half of the SEC baseball team. We have a lot of recruiting and development to do to get back where we need to be by next season.

vCash
    I said it 6 weeks ago and it is still true. Mental midgets. We have a bunch of front runners who fold at the first sign of adversity.

Banned
    vCash
    Off to bed hoping for a Viking Blood Eagle Nightmare instead game flashbacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I said it 6 weeks ago and it is still true. Mental midgets. We have a bunch of front runners who fold at the first sign of adversity.
    Well tonight we folded at the first, second and third sign of opportunity.

But maybe we can win the next two and proceed from there; but I think we kind’ve have to.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Well tonight we folded at the first, second and third sign of opportunity.

But maybe we can win the next two and proceed from there; but I think we kind’ve have to.
    Maybe monkeys will fly from my butt.

vCash
    Everything everyone has said tonight is true, but I will take a page out of Jimmy Vs book here, Lemonis has to be the first to believe. He has to go into that locker room and instill confidence and belief into everyone. Will it work? I do not know, but you have to roll with what you got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Leadership I was talking about last week. Games like this is where it shows, tremendously.

I’m like you, I hate the bastards with the power of 1000 suns.

At what point do they get tired of getting kicked in the nutts and knock somebody the f out?
    Leadership doesn't throw a strike... leadership doesn't get a hit. The term is so overused and out of context in a specific game, this one included.

vCash
    Here are our issues:

1. We do not have a leadoff hitter. This has caused us to become an Earl Weaver 1982 Milwaukee Brewers type offense. We hit a lot of home runs. But sometimes teams that are built like that have nights like tonight and it's almost all or nothing sometimes. We may score 20 runs tomorrow. Who knows? The thing is under Cohen he was always good about having someone like CT Bradford, Jarrod Parks, Adam Frazier and then later on icons like Mangum, TA, Rowdey, Robson, and Stovall- basically guys that consistently got on base. Guys like that set the table and cause havoc on the bases and then the guys like we have now like Kellum, LoTan, Cumbest, etc. drive them in. And their home runs instead of being solo home runs they become 2-3 run home runs. Often times guys that get on base appear to be leaders because they are tough hard nosed baseball players. It's not that we necessarily lack leadership- we might. But it's less apparent from the stands because of the types of players we have. The table setters are very valuable because they get on, they steal bases, they bunt for hits, you can hit and run with them and they make contact. Look at tonight- when we scored Kam James stole second getting us out of a double play possibility and then Hancock was able to shoot the ball opposite field to get us two runs. That's too rare for this group. We need to correct this through recruiting because we have failed at finding a leadoff guy for about three or four cycles now. If we start recruiting Mangum types again I guarantee you our leadership will magically appear and our offense will be better. This issue is also hurting our team batting average because those guys typically hit for a high average and with the bases empty it hurts the sluggers hurting their batting average.

2. Our pitching philosophy only works with Landon Sims type unicorns. Foxhall needs a more flexible approach instead of a one size fits all approach. In a perfect world I would like for us to somehow fuse Wes Johnson and Butch together. Foxhall's all or nothing high velo strike everyone out approach doesn't work for every pitcher. For those it doesn't fit it delays development. We need someone that can teach pitchers how to pitch with different arm angles like Butch was good at doing while at the same time we need to keep using the Brent Strom/Nolan Ryan philosophy for those who are able to make that work. Cam Tullar would probably be Chad Girodo 2.0 under Butch. At the end of the day we need to prioritize guys that can throw strikes more than try to find guy that throw hard and try to teach them to command it. There are a lot more Kyle Farnsworth's out there than Randy Johnson's.

3. Foxhall's in game coaching as far as who to pitch is horrible. Not really talking about tonight so much as in general. I mean, we'll let Cam Tullar blow up but another guy comes out for allowing three loud outs? What the hell? I'll never forget Trysten Barlow and Riley Self over Colby White in Omaha in 2019. Put us in the loser's bracket. I've seen pitchers visibly shaken and he doesn't go out to talk to them at all. And yeah- he managed Landon Sims. 99% of this board could manage Landon Sims. That's not exactly something you would need Dave Duncan wizardry to do.

4. We have 3 LHP. 2 of which are freshmen. That's as bad as the lead off hitter/table setter recruiting. How does that happen? Even worse- table setters and LHP are two of the things that are least likely to go pro. Meaning a program with MSU's reputation on and off the field should have little trouble attracting those types of players and getting them to school. And we have a huge JUCO system where surely we can find someone that can at the very least get LH hitters out that also just dreamed of playing for MSU.

5. We need to find someone with Cann like scouting connections. And no Gautreau doesn't have that.

I trust Lemonis to fix our issues in the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Leadership doesn't throw a strike... leadership doesn't get a hit. The term is so overused and out of context in a specific game, this one included.
    Ok. Balls. Desire. Will to win. No quit. Guts over talent.