Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves 2022 regular season - going for a repeat

vCash
    If (when) Charlie gets right, you could just use an opener like Chavez followed by strider for 3-4 innings for that 5th spot. Maybe leave all the yo yo gang (elder, ynoa, muller) down the whole season like wright last year

vCash
    Michael Harris is hitting well at Pearl. I think he's gonna get a shot before too long

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If (when) Charlie gets right, you could just use an opener like Chavez followed by strider for 3-4 innings for that 5th spot. Maybe leave all the yo yo gang (elder, ynoa, muller) down the whole season like wright last year
    That's a good thought, too. I really like Elder's potential, cut down on the walks and a little better command and he could be really good. He definitely doesn't mind pitching in a jam lol, and has shown he can get out of em.

vCash
    Michael Harris is hitting well at Pearl. I think he's gonna get a shot before too long
    Looks like he might be a player. Good wheels, decent pop, good obp and doesn't strike out a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I heard Bobby say every team will win 54, every team will lose 54 it's how you manage the other 54 that decides the winners from the losers.
    Yep, heard him say that as well. I agree with M7 that they will likely turn it around. Since the early 90s, the Braves have always been a second half team (where have I hear that before??). They seem to like to turn it on in June.
    I do worry that we are relying on Morton. I love the guy, but if you count on any pitcher after 35 you are flirting with father time.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Brunkswick to your earlier point though, last season means jack to me when we losing series to the rangers and nats. Last year is over, and I want this team to play well THIS season bc they're more than capable

vCash
    Brunkswick to your earlier point though, last season means jack to me when we losing series to the rangers and nats. Last year is over, and I want this team to play well THIS season bc they're more than capable
    10-13 in April just isn't going to rile me up. End of last April the Braves were 12-14; in '19 they were 14-15; I could go on. We've seen it too many times before. The Braves are notoriously slow starters. Get back to me at the end of June, then we can talk.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    10-13 in April just isn't going to rile me up. End of last April the Braves were 12-14; in '19 they were 14-15; I could go on. We've seen it too many times before. The Braves are notoriously slow starters. Get back to me at the end of June, then we can talk.
    I get riled up in the 3rd inning of the season opener. I know the braves are better than this, and I expect them to play better

vCash
    I get riled up in the 3rd inning of the season opener. I know the braves are better than this, and I expect them to play better
    Gotta relax a little 7, you're gonna have a stroke over such a long season. Trust me no one hates losing more than me but baseball games are long and the season even longer. It sucks to start slow but there is time to correct flaws and even the best go through lulls over 162. Braves have to much talent not to get it right, that being said if they're still struggling end of June might cause for some concern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    we have incredibly similar stories ... I remember my grandad listening on the radio and when they finally got cable and he could watch every ballgame it was like Heaven for him ... he passed a couple years before Bream lumbered around those bases ... Hell, I even missed it as I went to bed with 2 outs in the 9th that night (I was on Eastern time) ... that was in Jones County - we weren't that far apart I see
    Not far apart at all. I had just moved from Jones county to Starkville.

vCash
    Braves played some good baseball tonight. Battled against a dang good pitcher and came from behind and max was excellent! Good start to this series!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Braves played some good baseball tonight. Battled against a dang good pitcher and came from behind and max was excellent! Good start to this series!
    TDA and fried were outstanding

vCash
    TDA and fried were outstanding
    Yes sir! I liked how the started working Bassitt more after he got frustrated with that non strike 3 call. He was never quite the same after.

vCash
    Man, the braves traded 5 years of luck last year to win a WS. They're completely hexed now, and I'm completely losing it.

vCash
    Man, the braves traded 5 years of luck last year to win a WS. They're completely hexed now, and I'm completely losing it.
    Just refuse to hit with RISP right now.

vCash
    Gotta keep treading water until it all clicks. But can’t fall way below .500.

vCash
    A split yesterday would have been nice, but we won today so we didn't lose any ground. I think it's just a matter of time before the lineup clicks.

Soler is stinking it up in Miami, so they should trade him to us for next to nothing immediately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    A split yesterday would have been nice, but we won today so we didn't lose any ground. I think it's just a matter of time before the lineup clicks.

Soler is stinking it up in Miami, so they should trade him to us for next to nothing immediately
    Yeah it's not a series win but I'll take a series split with the mets at this point. Just gotta find a way to be more consistent at the plate. I believe it's coming though.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 05-04-2022 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    Huge win

Banned
    vCash
    lolphillies