Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Braves 2022 regular season - going for a repeat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He will have to pitch one of them in Philly unless you want odorizzi.

All we realistically need from Morton is 4 innings...

Morton for 4
    Lee for 1
    Mchugh for 1
    Iglesias/minter for 1
    Iglesias/minter for 1
    Jansen for 1

Morton has been really good against rhh and a playoff boss. Hopefully he can do it again
    Oh I know but I would prefer if we could go with Strider and win game 3 before Morton pitches, so we'd be up 2-1, but best laid plans and all that. Charley just scares me with all the gopher balls he gives up. He's good for 2 a game

vCash
    Oh boy...

Charlie vs Phillies overall in 2022...
    6.75 era
    1.97 whip

At Philadelphia 2022...
    7.05 era
    1.83 whip

I don't think we can start him in game 3.

vCash
    Oh boy...

6.75 era
    1.97 whip

At Philadelphia 2022...
    7.05 era
    1.83 whip

Yeah we really need Strider back. Makes you almost wish you'd started Charley for one game in Atlanta. He's no good at philly.

vCash
    Odorizzi was blasted in Philly, but had a nice start Vs Philly in Atlanta. He may be an option no one is talking about

vCash
    Odorizzi was blasted in Philly, but had a nice start Vs Philly in Atlanta. He may be an option no one is talking about
    We're kinda of in a bind right now. Morton has not been good, Odorizzi has been mediocre at best. We really need Strider but he may not be available, and Strider has owned the phillies.

vCash
    Oh boy...

6.75 era
    1.97 whip

At Philadelphia 2022...
    7.05 era
    1.83 whip

Digging in a little on these starts... in his last 4 starts vs Philly:

1 er thru 5 ip
    0 er thru 4 ip, 5 er in 5th
    0 er thru 5 ip
    5 er thru 5 ip (3 er in 3 ip)

This makes me feel a little better. If we make sure to take him out at first sign of trouble after 4 ip, he should be ok.

vCash
    What happened to Ian Anderson?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    What happened to Ian Anderson?????
    Lost control and was sent down at the break. He got injured, and he's out till 2023. Wouldn't surprise me if he's done as a brave

vCash
    Digging in a little on these starts... in his last 4 starts vs Philly:

1 er thru 5 ip
    0 er thru 4 ip, 5 er in 5th
    0 er thru 5 ip
    5 er thru 5 ip (3 er in 3 ip)

This makes me feel a little better. If we make sure to take him out at first sign of trouble after 4 ip, he should be ok.
    If he starts we cannot leave him in if he gets in trouble, to many home runs and the game can get away quick. Heck I'd almost rather see Bryce Elder(I know he's not on the postseason roster) than Morton or Odorizzi. His sinker would play well in that little ball park. I just don't trust Charley or Odorizzi at this point, but hey maybe playoff Charley will show up because he has a history of being a money pitcher.

vCash
    Lost control and was sent down at the break. He got injured, and he's out till 2023. Wouldn't surprise me if he's done as a brave
    So much talent in Anderson but he's been such an enigma. Looks great for stretches but throws way to many pitches and has trouble putting hitters away. Nibbles to much. You would think someone that throws mid 90s and has a plus plus changeup would be almost unhittable but gets behind in counts to much and just doesn't attack hitters.

vCash
    After looking at those recent stats,
    I guess we go with Morton and hope he gives us 4 or 5 good innings. Going up 2-1 would be huge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    If he starts we cannot leave him in if he gets in trouble, to many home runs and the game can get away quick. Heck I'd almost rather see Bryce Elder(I know he's not on the postseason roster) than Morton or Odorizzi. His sinker would play well in that little ball park. I just don't trust Charley or Odorizzi at this point, but hey maybe playoff Charley will show up because he has a history of being a money pitcher.
    Morton is awesome, met him a couple of times, he is one of the most down to earth and genuine people you will meet. Glad Houston got him back on track, I hated to lose him. Hope he has a great game. Will always be a fan of him no matter what team he is on. Perseverance and strength of character will take you a long way in baseball and life.

vCash
    Strider today
    Morton tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Morton is awesome, met him a couple of times, he is one of the most down to earth and genuine people you will meet. Glad Houston got him back on track, I hated to lose him. Hope he has a great game. Will always be a fan of him no matter what team he is on. Perseverance and strength of character will take you a long way in baseball and life.
    Two Braves farm hands I wish we had been able to have their whole careers - Morton and Wainwright. I'm still bitter about that Wano trade
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Two Braves farm hands I wish we had been able to have their whole careers - Morton and Wainwright. I'm still bitter about that Wano trade
    100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    100%
    Just to add - Wainwright is a real great guy too. Gives back a ton to the community here and in St. Louis. I'm working with his team now on a rezoning for an intercity farming project that will work with our school system and Boys & Girls Clubs. Between him, Darius Slay and his Coastal Outreach Soccer program (yes you read that right, soccer), and Davis Love, we have some great athlete role models for the community
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Just saw where Bruce Sutter died @69 ... king of the split finger fast ball
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Just saw where Bruce Sutter died @69 ... king of the split finger fast ball
    I saw that too. Man he was so dominant with that split finger in the late 70's to early 80's. RIP, Bruce. Childhood memories come flooding back every time one of these guys from that era passes.

vCash
    A young Pitcher to look out for is Brooks Wilson. He was a dominate reliever in AA and has done pretty good at the AAA level.

Banned
    vCash
    The phillies man. Sometimes you just know.

(here's your gift jinx. good luck)