Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves 2022 regular season - going for a repeat

vCash
    Almost like they play 162 games. Lots of baseball left to play. Getting 3/4 was big!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Rough week. I expect the braves to respond
    9-1 since. Still more worried about Phillies, tater?

Banned
    vCash
    9-1 since. Still more worried about Phillies, tater?
    Yes lol. You've got a ridiculous schedule coming up. The phillies have one of the easiest. 6 wins against sub .500 teams isn't that impressive. Or should I brag when the mets go on a 14-1 streak in september when we have an easy stretch too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yes lol. You've got a ridiculous schedule coming up. The phillies have one of the easiest. 6 wins against sub .500 teams isn't that impressive. Or should I brag when the mets go on a 14-1 streak in september when we have an easy stretch too?
    I will bet you anything you wanna bet that the Phillies don't catch the braves.

Banned
    vCash
    I will bet you anything you wanna bet that the Phillies don't catch the braves.
    After this series we might have just broken the Phil's psyche. What a shitshow of a game today.

vCash
    Lead at 1 game. Need a strong road trip to keep the pressure on the Mets. Ozzie and soroka in Gwinnett, so could have 2 really good players back soon. Jansen is a concern, but hopefully he's gonna figure it out. Yates looked like his old self yesterday, so I'd start upping his workload some.

vCash
    Lead at 1 game. Need a strong road trip to keep the pressure on the Mets. Ozzie and soroka in Gwinnett, so could have 2 really good players back soon. Jansen is a concern, but hopefully he's gonna figure it out. Yates looked like his old self yesterday, so I'd start upping his workload some.
    Jansen scares the heck out of me. Even games he saves he doesn't have clean innings. Need to use Iglesias to close. Team is playing so well since the break and over the last month. Mets hearing footsteps.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Jansen scares the heck out of me. Even games he saves he doesn't have clean innings. Need to use Iglesias to close. Team is playing so well since the break and over the last month. Mets hearing footsteps.
    Nats are the Mets kryptonite for some reason. Plus we get a nice rain postponement in Pittsburgh making us have to have another Johnny Wholestaff Doubleheader game. Dumb to drop a series to the Nats after taking a series from the Dodgers but that's baseball.

Mets need to go at minimum 11-2 over this next stretch in particular. Across the 24 games we have left against teams other than the Braves, 20-4 should do it. And it's doable when 7 are the pirates, 5 are the marlins, 3 are the cubs, 3 are the nats. Much easier schedule than an 8 game West coast swing + 7 vs the phillies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Nats are the Mets kryptonite for some reason. Plus we get a nice rain postponement in Pittsburgh making us have to have another Johnny Wholestaff Doubleheader game. Dumb to drop a series to the Nats after taking a series from the Dodgers but that's baseball.

Mets need to go at minimum 11-2 over this next stretch in particular. Across the 24 games we have left against teams other than the Braves, 20-4 should do it. And it's doable when 7 are the pirates, 5 are the marlins, 3 are the cubs, 3 are the nats. Much easier schedule than an 8 game West coast swing + 7 vs the phillies.
    LOL

vCash
    Jansen looked good last night.
    Ozuna coming alive.
    Braves and Mets tied for 1st

vCash
    Jansen looked good last night.
    Ozuna coming alive.
    Braves and Mets tied for 1st
    Keep rolling!

vCash
    And now Scherzer goes down with an oblique.

vCash
    Root Root … go ‘Stros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And now Scherzer goes down with an oblique.
    Marte out at least game 1 after getting hit on hand.

Isn't this the same injury scherzer got earlier this season?

vCash
    Marte out at least game 1 after getting hit on hand.

Isn't this the same injury scherzer got earlier this season?
    Yep same and obliques don't heal overnight. That's one of those injuries that hangs on without rest.

vCash
    Braves in 6.

Banned
    vCash
    Might as well slump now while we're in the lead.

vCash
    Playing for sole possession of first tonight. I have to admit I thought this would have been a pipe dream back in May.

vCash
    1st place. Still a ways to go though. Braves are very good

vCash
    And just like that the Mets are in second place