Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves 2022 regular season - going for a repeat

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Rough week. I expect the braves to respond
    I don't. The Braves puffed their record on weak teams (as they should take care of business) but they struggle against better teams. I think the Phillies finish ahead of them and are the bigger threat to the division.

But hey, the Braves could have a few guys get hot again at the right time and win another ring. The beauty of baseball. People can disparage a ring all they want (and you might take what I just said of their ring as an insult) but it isn't. It shows that that can get it done. I just don't see it for the Braves this year. They are set up better to cycle in to the top of the division again once this Mets run ends in 2-3 years, depending on pitching. Right now they're cycling out and dealing with a top 2 team in baseball.

vCash

Let's see your august Div champ ring?
    Last edited by msstate7; 08-08-2022 at 05:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It's telling that you find it being an unlikeable jerk when it's not on "your team"

Do you not like the message or is it actually that you don't like the substance of the message and thus try to go for a character assassination instead.
    Neither really. It has nothing to do with "my team" and everything to do with your lack of character (which I have observed over time based on your own actions). Here are some examples below, all of which make your question hilariously ironic. I could go on and on, but I don't have the time or the desire.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Neither really. It has nothing to do with "my team" and everything to do with your lack of character (which I have observed over time based on your own actions). Here are some examples below, all of which make your question hilariously ironic. I could go on and on, but I don't have the time or the desire.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG
    Believe me .... so many of us understand ... there is an ignore feature that helps but folks just keep quoting him sometimes so you still end up seeing what he says anyway
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG
    The fact that you think I'm the asshole on the first one says enough about you. You don't think it's the guy posting a political dig on a non political board. That's you bud.

ETA: It looks like you don't like when I'm telling someone they're being obtuse and a jackass. Ironic, innit?

There's this thing about Mississippi people. They don't know their being an asshole unless you tell them. It's fun that you do seem to get this concept, which I respect. We just differ on who the assholes are. (And before you give me there are assholes everywhere I go speech, there actually aren't. I left Mississippi for a job and found that out. Have you stepped outside the echo humidity chamber that is the Sip?)
    Last edited by Tater; 08-09-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Believe me .... so many of us understand ... there is an ignore feature that helps but folks just keep quoting him sometimes so you still end up seeing what he says anyway
    Here we see the wild and rare part fish part dawg explaining how it protects its fragile state of mind by eliminating any chance of a reasonable thought by maintaining its well crafted echo chamber. Exciting stuff, folks.

Banned
    vCash

Let's see your august Div champ ring?
    Sorry, the only time we get a ring is when a Bucknor gifts it to us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I get you, but there's no need for me to use the ignore function. Nothing he says bothers me. It's of no consequence and holds zero weight. It's generally nothing but a little fluff built around parroting some buzz words or phrases that he thinks makes him sound intelligent and/or above the people he imagines himself to be talking down too. I probably should've used more tact, but I was just trying to help him see how he comes off. I'll count it as a fruitless endeavor on my part and move on. My conversation with him is over.

vCash
    Word of Michael Harris extension coming out...

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...PGqPbMfhTUm-gg

vCash
    Harris is official

vCash
    Braves on an 8 game winning streak. Division lead down to 3.5 games.

vCash
    Time to extend Soroka next.

vCash
    Harris is official
    Looks like a smart move by both parties. Kids a player!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Braves on an 8 game winning streak. Division lead down to 3.5 games.
    Need to at very least split the next 2 against Scherzer and Degrom

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Need to at very least split the next 2 against Scherzer and Degrom
    I mean if Cookie and Walker are out for a while then the Braves don't need much more to move the needle as long as they can survive their west coast swing and don't get steamrolled by the Phillies in those series.

deGrom about guaranteed to get hurt on that mound. Been waiting for injuries to fully take over the Mets like usual. Annoying. Bats have been dead for the past week against our rivals best pitching. Somehow 2-3 in this 5 game stretch of 4 games with 1 or less runs.

Mets are gonna drop likely 2 of 4 vs. Phils since we're saving deGrom and scherzer for the yanks. Can it be September already? I'm ready for this last tough stretch to be over. Give me 15 in a row against the Nats, Pirates, Cubs, Marlins.

vCash
    I mean if Cookie and Walker are out for a while then the Braves don't need much more to move the needle as long as they can survive their west coast swing and don't get steamrolled by the Phillies in those series.

deGrom about guaranteed to get hurt on that mound. Been waiting for injuries to fully take over the Mets like usual. Annoying. Bats have been dead for the past week against our rivals best pitching. Somehow 2-3 in this 5 game stretch of 4 games with 1 or less runs.

Mets are gonna drop likely 2 of 4 vs. Phils since we're saving deGrom and scherzer for the yanks. Can it be September already? I'm ready for this last tough stretch to be over. Give me 15 in a row against the Nats, Pirates, Cubs, Marlins.
    Tough break losing 2 starters 2 nights in a row. Bucks gotta be thinking what can happen next.

vCash

There's this thing about Mississippi people. They don't know their being an asshole unless you tell them.
    Would I be an asshole if I pointed out that you aren't able to use (there/their/they're) correctly in a sentence?

I'm from Mississippi and I take exception to you insulting us educated Mississippi folks.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Would I be an asshole if I pointed out that you aren't able to use (there/their/they're) correctly in a sentence?

I'm from Mississippi and I take exception to you insulting us educated Mississippi folks.
    Meh. Go for it. I've tried to fix that typing error for years and it just ain't work. It gets the point across when reading so ����*♂️. Grammar nazi-ing text is for 10th grade english teachers.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Tough break losing 2 starters 2 nights in a row. Bucks gotta be thinking what can happen next.
    Literally had to have rain try to prevent another starter from going more than 2 innings.

Also not to overreact but Brett Baty is statistically the best hitting 3rd basemen in NY history.

vCash
    Looks like the Braves ain't quite ready to hand it over to the Mets just yet.