Thread: Braves 2022 regular season - going for a repeat

vCash

Braves 2022 regular season - going for a repeat

Fried
    Morton
    Wright
    Anderson
    Ynoa

This is your starting pitcher order to start the season. Might see strider or Davidson take the ball after ynoa

vCash
    Well, based on how my sports year is going I fully expect the Braves to challenge for the worst start in baseball history, and for Matt Olson to have a season long slump and stay somewhere around the Mendoza line with no power.
    Especially since I drafted him first for my fantasy team.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Few things that will make this season successful or not:

1. Can Riley build off of or be the same as last yr and be a credible mid lineup threat or does he slip back?

2. What does ozuna bring?

3. Does acuna step in and do acuna things as soon as he returns?

If 2 of these end up a positive and wright ends up livin to his old potential then this team could be right back in the thick of it come October.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Well, based on how my sports year is going I fully expect the Braves to challenge for the worst start in baseball history, and for Matt Olson to have a season long slump and stay somewhere around the Mendoza line with no power.
    Especially since I drafted him first for my fantasy team.
    lol ... I wonder how many on this board remember the Nick Esasky debacle. He was a Braves killer when he was with the Reds ... Braves paid quite a bit for him in a trade and the guy sat in the dugout for four years and never played a single play due to Vertigo after moving to Atlanta. Olson will be da man for us - I just have a feeling
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    lol ... I wonder how many on this board remember the Nick Esasky debacle. He was a Braves killer when he was with the Reds ... Braves paid quite a bit for him in a trade and the guy sat in the dugout for four years and never played a single play due to Vertigo after moving to Atlanta. Olson will be da man for us - I just have a feeling
    I'm old enough to remember what if Brian Asselstine hadn't broken his leg and ended his career; trading Brett Butler and Brooks Jacoby for Len Barker; signing Bruce Sutter to the richest closer contract ever and blowing his elbow; and hiring Eddie Haas as manager.
    I really can't believe I still am a baseball fan LOL
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I'm old enough to remember what if Brian Asselstine hadn't broken his leg and ended his career; trading Brett Butler and Brooks Jacoby for Len Barker; signing Bruce Sutter to the richest closer contract ever and blowing his elbow; and hiring Eddie Haas as manager.
    Hope springs eternal…

That why!

vCash
    Ian Anderson left ST start today. Maybe blister... just guessing based on bowman

vCash
    Ian left with blister on his toe. Will start his game Sunday

vCash
    Come on man, both our teams are reigning champs

vCash

For you guys that go to see M-braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Come on man, both our teams are reigning champs
    And I'm reveling in both wins! But, I suffered for a loooonnnngggg time as a Braves fan and it's hard to forget.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Hope springs eternal…

That why!
    Yep every spring, everyone believes their team will win the pennant, then reality sets in for most.

vCash
    Braves, Back-to-Back(I hope)

vCash
    Was a huge Braves fan for years. But MLB is dying on the vine.

vCash
    My grandfather was an absolute huge Braves fan. Got me watching them when I was a kid. He passed away the year before they won the pennant when Sid Bream scored from 2nd base. I ran out of my trailer in Starkville ringing my cowbell and screaming to the top of my lungs.

I watched for several more years then just slowly stopped watching MLB altogether. I find myself somewhat interested again and looking forward to the season this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    My grandfather was an absolute huge Braves fan. Got me watching them when I was a kid. He passed away the year before they won the pennant when Sid Bream scored from 2nd base. I ran out of my trailer in Starkville ringing my cowbell and screaming to the top of my lungs.

I watched for several more years then just slowly stopped watching MLB altogether. I find myself somewhat interested again and looking forward to the season this year.
    we have incredibly similar stories ... I remember my grandad listening on the radio and when they finally got cable and he could watch every ballgame it was like Heaven for him ... he passed a couple years before Bream lumbered around those bases ... Hell, I even missed it as I went to bed with 2 outs in the 9th that night (I was on Eastern time) ... that was in Jones County - we weren't that far apart I see
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    we have incredibly similar stories ... I remember my grandad listening on the radio and when they finally got cable and he could watch every ballgame it was like Heaven for him ... he passed a couple years before Bream lumbered around those bases ... Hell, I even missed it as I went to bed with 2 outs in the 9th that night (I was on Eastern time) ... that was in Jones County - we weren't that far apart I see
    My grandad was one of those too. We could always watch the Braves since we lived in Marietta, but when he got cable he could watch the Cubs in the afternoon. He loved Harry Caray from having listened to Cardinals games in the 40s and 50s on the radio - and he'd been a huge Musial fan. My grandad had a nice garden, and in the summer he would work all morning in the garden, break for lunch, then work until the Cubs game started. He'd come in from outside, drink a Bud in about 2 gulps, and lay back in his Lazy-Boy to watch the game. He'd nap from about the 5th inning until Harry started in with Take Me out to the Ball Game

My Dad got to take him to a World Series game in '92 - last pro game he ever went to before he passed in '97.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    My grandad was one of those too. We could always watch the Braves since we lived in Marietta, but when he got cable he could watch the Cubs in the afternoon. He loved Harry Caray from having listened to Cardinals games in the 40s and 50s on the radio - and he'd been a huge Musial fan. My grandad had a nice garden, and in the summer he would work all morning in the garden, break for lunch, then work until the Cubs game started. He'd come in from outside, drink a Bud in about 2 gulps, and lay back in his Lazy-Boy to watch the game. He'd nap from about the 5th inning until Harry started in with Take Me out to the Ball Game

My Dad got to take him to a World Series game in '92 - last pro game he ever went to before he passed in '97.
    very cool !!! My grandad came to Atlanta to visit and finally got to go to his first live Braves game late in his life - he acted like a kid in a candy shop trying to soak it all in ... I remember him listening to baseball religiously in the 60's ... he loved the game and said he was listening to the Braves but I don't think they were in Atlanta in the late 60's (maybe I'm wrong)

vCash
    Great start, braves. Man, please get going bc I can't take another flop like state baseball. Get well, Acuna

vCash
    I missed last night's game. Looking at box score, did YNOA pull a Stinnett?