Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves 2022 regular season - going for a repeat

vCash
    Braves are only 6 games back right now, so anything can happen. I think the goal should just be to make the playoffs, then anything can happen. Our pitching will hopefully be in good shape by august for a late season run.

Today mlb rosters officially reduced the number of pitchers a team can carry down to 13.

vCash
    Lead down to 3.

Olson finally taking form

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lead down to 3.

Olson finally taking form
    21 wins in June so far. That's incredible!

vCash
    Y'all see the news about Freddie and his agent? That's sad man. I think we ultimately ended up making the right decision, but it still sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Y'all see the news about Freddie and his agent? That's sad man. I think we ultimately ended up making the right decision, but it still sucks
    Why I never understood paying somebody large sums of money to make decisions for me. Do like Charles Cross and handle that yourself.

vCash
    We did ultimately make the right choice. It sucks, but we got Olson in his absolute prime. And while I do not think Freddie will fall off a cliff, I do think his production is going to start to tail off and that contract might look pretty bad by Year 5.

vCash
    Matzek, jay jackson, and Rosario are on rehab assignments. Soroka expected to start one in July. Help is on the way...

vCash
    no ... can you give a synopsis please
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    no ... can you give a synopsis please
    Basically, Freddie found out this weekend in Atlanta that his agent never told him about the Braves' final contract offer back when the negotiations were going on. Freddie was lead to believe the Braves just cut ties and moved on... which they did; but they did that after Freddie's agent gave them an ultimatum. Freddie ends up signing a contract with the Dodgers of similar value to the one the Braves offered him. Freddie would've preferred to stay in Atlanta.

Freddie finds about about it and fires his agent this weekend, thus why he looked so bummed out all weekend.

vCash
    Matzek, jay jackson, and Rosario are on rehab assignments. Soroka expected to start one in July. Help is on the way...
    Do we need any? I'm only half kidding.

vCash
    Basically, Freddie found out this weekend in Atlanta that his agent never told him about the Braves' final contract offer back when the negotiations were going on. Freddie was lead to believe the Braves just cut ties and moved on... which they did; but they did that after Freddie's agent gave them an ultimatum. Freddie ends up signing a contract with the Dodgers of similar value to the one the Braves offered him. Freddie would've preferred to stay in Atlanta.

Freddie finds about about it and fires his agent this weekend, thus why he looked so bummed out all weekend.
    And now his agent is threatening to sue Freddie for his comments and dropping him. As the world turns!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Ehhhh. Acuna is hitting his career average and Olson was at his career average before this past week of a slump. Don't think it's that reasonable to see a big "jump" from them. On the other hand Alonso actually has depth in the lineup around him (Marte, Cahna, Escobar were all ok additions individually. All of them together though makes the whole lineup more difficult to pitch though. Which is why Pete is seeing better opportunities.) McNeil has also stopped uppercutting so much and reintegrated slapping the ball.

And i wouldn't call the braves the best bullpen. Dodgers or Brewers have that title rn imo.

And of all the homer things you've said. Soroka is not in the same breath as deGrom or Scherzer lmfao. deGrom has at least pitched SOME in the past year and when he has, he looked damn good doing it. Scherzer getting this injury early and the Mets surviving it will be good to pace him for the year. Both deGrom and Scherzer will likely be impacts. Both have done it long enough and come back from injuries to do it as well. Soroka has done neither. One good year outta him.

Right now it just seems destined for a Subway series. Enjoy it and root for good ole Buck Naked.

vCash
    Miles Mikolas crying about the braves stepping out of the box last night, lol

vCash
    Miles Mikolas crying about the braves stepping out of the box last night, lol
    Cardinals are the biggest bitches in baseball and have been for a few years. They were once a hard nose, play the game the right way organization but that seemed to change with shildt and marmol continuing that with his in game interview. And this is without Molina who had become one of the biggest punks in the game in recent years. I’ve said this before but all this is really disappointing to me. I used to enjoy watching my the cardinals and would pull for them when not playing the Braves.

vCash
    Also…chip caray is the worst in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Also…chip caray is the worst in the game.
    Yeah Chip is not good. I miss Skip and Pete and Don and Joe and Ernie.

vCash
    Scherzer vs fried on Monday night to kick off the show down with Mets.
    Not sure who Mets throw Tuesday and Wednesday, but braves have strider and Morton scheduled

vCash
    Mets coming to town with braves trailing by 1.5 games...

Monday: scherzer vs fried
    Tuesday: Peterson vs strider
    Wed: bassitt vs Morton

vCash
    Mets coming to town with braves trailing by 1.5 games...

Monday: scherzer vs fried
    Tuesday: Peterson vs strider
    Wed: bassitt vs Morton
    Gonna be a fun series! Braves rolling!

vCash
    Wright and Riley snubbed from all star team. Riley royally snubbed.

I know every team prolly has a complaint but those 2 should be there…and once they figure out who can/can’t pitch wright May very well make it. After last season and his XBH this yr Riley should be there.