Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves 2022 regular season - going for a repeat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I wouldn't get too attached to TD... I think waters is about to get his shot. Just a guess though
    Waters hasn't played all season - bad hammy.
    Michael Harris is the guy to watch. He just keeps tearing it up in Pearl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Waters hasn't played all season - bad hammy.
    Michael Harris is the guy to watch. He just keeps tearing it up in Pearl.
    Waters is killing it at AAA though. Waters is on 40 man roster, so won't have to DFA anyone

vCash
    Waters is killing it at AAA though. Waters is on 40 man roster, so won't have to DFA anyone
    This is correct.

Harris will likely get the call later this summer. It's time to shit or get off the pot with Waters

vCash
    AA may be taking over some for snit again like in the postseason last year. Yesterday, snit said Contreras won't be in the OF. Contreras is starting in LF tonight lol

vCash
    AA may be taking over some for snit again like in the postseason last year. Yesterday, snit said Contreras won't be in the OF. Contreras is starting in LF tonight lol
    Snit still has the old school mentality that you can't have two catchers in the lineup at the same time. There's really no valid reason why.

If a TDA gets hurt, just slide Contreras to catcher and pinch hit for TDA for the rest of that game. It'd only be one game.

Glad AA stepped in.

vCash
    Michael Harris skips AAA and gets called straight up to Atlanta.

Excited to see what this kid does. He can't be any worse than Travis Demeritte.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Yeah I'm excited to see him play. Travis was good for awhile and then just fell off a cliff. Don't remember the last time I saw someone go through as bad a streak as he's going through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Surprised he skipped AAA, but I'm really excited to see him. Wish waters would cut down on his Ks and make a push at getting to Atlanta too

vCash
    9 wins in a row.

32-27 record now.

Yeah, this team is gonna be alright.

vCash
    Adam Duvall has fallen off a cliff at the plate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He's been showing signs of life. Maybe he'll rebound. Not too concerned... he, Rosario, or a trade will hit in LF. Just holding my breath hoping Harris continues to be the real deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Naw he's been much better the last 2 weeks. He's not a high average hitter never has been and never will be but he'll hit his .230-.240 and hit 30 bombs and drive in 90-100 and play very good defense. He's ok.

vCash
    Make it 10 wins in a row.

Only 5.5 back in the division now and we would play the Giants in a tie breaker game for the 2nd wild card spot.

Team firing on all cylinders right now. Bats look good, Acu?a looks pretty much normal. I like Strider starting, but I'm very concerned about Charlie Morton. Having Harris in front of Acu?a is a scary tandem that I really love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Make it 10 wins in a row.

Only 5.5 back in the division now and we would play the Giants in a tie breaker game for the 2nd wild card spot.

Team firing on all cylinders right now. Bats look good, Acu?a looks pretty much normal. I like Strider starting, but I'm very concerned about Charlie Morton. Having Harris in front of Acu?a is a scary tandem that I really love.
    Acuna scoring from first standing up on that bloop single yesterday was insane! He does stuff that not many can do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Acuna scoring from first standing up on that bloop single yesterday was insane! He does stuff that not many can do!
    And he's coming off a torn acl! Incredible it doesn't have seemed to bother his speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    And he's coming off a torn acl! Incredible it doesn't have seemed to bother his speed.
    Acuna said he thinks he's faster. Said it before he even played a game this season. He might be right

vCash
    11 straight…taking advantage of the schedule for sure but still impressive. Need it to continue this week against more weak teams.

Dansby, Contreras/darnaud, and duval at the plate are the reasons for the surge. Add in the speed dynamic since acuna’s return and adding Harris and then the fact that the starting pitching has been solid, not great but solid. The reality is this team is still not hitting on all cylinders but definitely showing what this team was put together to do.

vCash
    So they win their 12th in a row but Albies breaks his foot.

vCash
    What is it 14 or 15 now and STILL 4 games back. Damn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    What is it 14 or 15 now and STILL 4 games back. Damn.
    Mets are good. There's no debating that.

But we've made up 6 games over the past 2 1/2 weeks and now have sole possession of the second wild card spot.

Harris has been huge and has totally changed the lineup. Starting pitching has been much better too, especially with us moving Strider in the rotation.

I like our ability to hang with the Mets the rest of the way.