Thread: Finally, George R. R. Martin set to release new book!

vCash

Finally, George R. R. Martin set to release new book!

Oh wait, it's "Game of Thrones: Rise of the Dragon."

Dear GRRM,

GTFO of here with that. No more of my money until you grow up and quit being such an irresponsible dragass.

Sincerely,
    Every ASOIF fan
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    No kidding. I'd swear I read something not long ago that said he was focusing on Winds of Winter now that the Targaryen book was done. Does the old fatass bastard not have an editor to ride his ass? Must not since he never seems to make any progress on the main series with no repercussions.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    No kidding. I'd swear I read something not long ago that said he was focusing on Winds of Winter now that the Targaryen book was done. Does the old fatass bastard not have an editor to ride his ass? Must not since he never seems to make any progress on the main series with no repercussions.
    He's his own editor.

Dude literally said he'd be done in 3 months. Publisher spent tons of money setting up printing, distribution, a cover etc, then GRRM ghosted. This was like 8 years ago. It's plain as hell that he just doesn't like writing it anymore, and no one can make him finish. It's not going to happen.

vCash
    Dudes going to pass out dead before finishing the series I am afraid.

vCash
    All of the above. I will believe TWOW is coming out when I see a hard copy on a book store shelf. I used to be one of the chief theorists about ASOIAF, but now I kind of don't give a 17.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duncflydawg View Post
    Dudes going to pass out dead before finishing the series I am afraid.
    Someone else will finish his series I’m afraid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Someone else will finish his series I’m afraid
    a la Wheel of Time

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    He's his own editor.

Dude literally said he'd be done in 3 months. Publisher spent tons of money setting up printing, distribution, a cover etc, then GRRM ghosted. This was like 8 years ago. It's plain as hell that he just doesn't like writing it anymore, and no one can make him finish. It's not going to happen.
    That is not the case. The problem is the position he has written each character in is problematic. The original story included a 10 year jump, but that seems almost impossible given the state he left each character in. First, Dany is walking around after shitting herself, Jon has been stabbed to death by his night's watch comrades, Lady Stoneheart is the undead Lady Stark, etc. I don't believe Joffrey is dead yet.
    Downvotes_Hype