Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So we are a 2 pt favorite to a team that's lost 7 straight

vCash

So we are a 2 pt favorite to a team that's lost 7 straight

And ole miss is a 2 pt dog to a top 10 team? Wtf? Considering where the 2 programs were less than 2 years ago, that's unacceptable. If we lose to this Arkansas team....shit I'm not starting that debate again. We'd just better not lose. That will be a very, very bad loss. USM stayed closer in their Arkansas game than they did in most CUSA games.

vCash
    The media Robert Nkemdiche has been blowing Robert Nkemdiche Ole Miss Robert Nkemdiche all year. Robert Nkemdiche who cares.

vCash

Ill be honest...

..I can't belive we are 2 point favorites.

The odds-makers are seeing something I am not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    And ole miss is a 2 pt dog to a top 10 team? Wtf? Considering where the 2 programs were less than 2 years ago, that's unacceptable. If we lose to this Arkansas team....shit I'm not starting that debate again. We'd just better not lose. That will be a very, very bad loss. USM stayed closer in their Arkansas game than they did in most CUSA games.
    All is well**

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    I can understand us being only favorited by 2:
    - Little Rock
    - senior night
    - Arkansas has improved throughout the season despite all the losses

I think we'll win by more than that though. Arkansas is very one dimensional, and I think we have the guys to stop the run.

I have no idea why ole miss is only a 2 pt underdog though.

vCash
    You know why we played Alabama close? Our defense matches up extremely well with that type of offense. Arkansas runs the same offense as Bama except they do it much worse and with much crappier players. Oh yeah, and this is their first year running it. If Dak was healthy, I would be insulted by a spread less than 14. If Williams starts, then who the hell knows. I guess that's why the line is what it is.

vCash
    I can only imagine the amount of action on this barn burner of a game! The line is set for many reasons in Vegas, it's not always about predicted outcome.

I wouldn't bet on this game, or the Ole Miss game with y'alls money.

vCash
    Might have to do with the fact we may have to start our 3rd string QB dont ya think????
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by webbcorban4msu View Post
    I can understand us being only favorited by 2:
    - Little Rock
    - senior night
    - Arkansas has improved throughout the season despite all the losses

I think we'll win by more than that though. Arkansas is very one dimensional, and I think we have the guys to stop the run.

- Oxford
    - Senior Night
    - OM has improved throughout the year

vCash
    I honestly can't believe there aren't more Ronny's on here stunned we aren't double-digit underdogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    ..I can't belive we are 2 point favorites.

The odds-makers are seeing something I am not.
    On paper, we are very similar teams. We have slightly better offensive numbers then they do. What that doesn't take into account is SOS and margin of loss/victory of common opponents. We are a better team than they are and match up well.

That and we may start a true freshman at QB in a place we have never won.

We are not going to just waltz in and out of there.

vCash

I can only go...

Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    I honestly can't believe there aren't more Ronny's on here stunned we aren't double-digit underdogs.
    ..on what Ive seen so far this season.

I have watched some UPig games & are aware they are not good.

But I have watched enough MSU games to realize MSU's attempt to play 4 quarters of error free football are colossal exercises in futility.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblyh View Post
    - Oxford
    - Senior Night
    - OM has improved throughout the year
    Touche.

I still think Missouri wins by more than 2 though. Just toss the ball up high to those receivers over and over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by webbcorban4msu View Post
    Just to use you own logic against you here....

-Oxford
    -Senior Night
    -OM has improved throughout the season despite 3 losses in a row.

Not to be an asshole or anything, just saying that's why it's so close for the OM/Mizzou line.

*Just saw that the exact same thing was already posted
    Last edited by Madkinmecrazy; 11-21-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: plagiarism and shit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Might have to do with the fact we may have to start our 3rd string QB dont ya think????
    So what? Our 3rd string QB didn't get us to 4-6. He's not the only reason we are only a 2 pt favorite to the worst team in the sec. And if he is the only reason, well who put us in that situation? We beat this team by 31 last year. If we got that much worse in one year, then it supports my original observation. Because Arkansas damn sure isn't 29 points better than they were last year. And if home field is worth 29 points, then we should never play in the state of Arkansas again.

vCash
    I find it hard to believe that any State fan would feel comfortable about our chances of winning a game in the state of Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderclap View Post
    I find it hard to believe that any State fan would feel comfortable about our chances of winning a game in the state of Arkansas.
    Why? It's really nothing more than a strange coincidence that we haven't won there yet. Our first time there, we did tie....so there's that. But seriously it's not some magic place. In the 11 seasons we've played there, we've ended the season with more than 5 wins 4 times. Arkansas has finished with 7 or more wins 7 of those times. We have only gone there with a "good" team 4 times. And of those four, Arkansas had a "worse" team twice. In 97, we were 7-4 and they were 4-7. That's the one time we really should've won. In 99, they had a good team and we had just lost our season to Alabama. Classic let down game and they were too good to not capitalize. They were 8-4 that year and we were 10-2. We did not bring a "good" team there again until 2007. And that was the miracle bowl year with Croom. We both went 8-5 and they beat us at their place. That's exactly what you would expect. In 2011, we played their best team since at lest 1977 and we lost. So like I said, it's really just a string of coincidence. It can't last forever. Unless our only available QB is our 3rd string freshman, then we are waaay better than them this year and will win. If he plays the whole game, then who the hell knows. I'll tell you this though, Arkansas is going to have a lot of 3 and outs come Saturday.

vCash

You and your logic...

Why? It's really nothing more than a strange coincidence that we haven't won there yet. Our first time there, we did tie....so there's that. But seriously it's not some magic place. In the 11 seasons we've played there, we've ended the season with more than 5 wins 4 times. Arkansas has finished with 7 or more wins 7 of those times. We have only gone there with a "good" team 4 times. And of those four, Arkansas had a "worse" team twice. In 97, we were 7-4 and they were 4-7. That's the one time we really should've won. In 99, they had a good team and we had just lost our season to Alabama. Classic let down game and they were too good to not capitalize. They were 8-4 that year and we were 10-2. We did not bring a "good" team there again until 2007. And that was the miracle bowl year with Croom. We both went 8-5 and they beat us at their place. That's exactly what you would expect. In 2011, we played their best team since at lest 1977 and we lost. So like I said, it's really just a string of coincidence. It can't last forever. Unless our only available QB is our 3rd string freshman, then we are waaay better than them this year and will win. If he plays the whole game, then who the hell knows. I'll tell you this though, Arkansas is going to have a lot of 3 and outs come Saturday.

There's no room here for your your perfectly logical statement.

vCash
    Why? It's really nothing more than a strange coincidence that we haven't won there yet. Unless our only available QB is our 3rd string freshman, then we are waaay better than them this year and will win. If he plays the whole game, then who the hell knows. I'll tell you this though, Arkansas is going to have a lot of 3 and outs come Saturday.
    be prepared for Williams to play the whole game
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is