Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National signing day 2022

vCash

National signing day 2022

Looks like we will finish outside the top 25 again?

vCash
    Just saw where TAM has eleven (11)signed of the ESPN top 50 HS recruits. That is insane !!! Good for them. Ha

vCash
    Well, they might go 9-3 with that talent instead of 8-4!!!! Jimbo going crazy!!!

vCash
    5 of the top 25 with one heavy lean still undecided in top 25.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Just saw where TAM has eleven (11)signed of the ESPN top 50 HS recruits. That is insane !!! Good for them. Ha
    nothing to see here. I'm sure the NIL had no impact.

vCash
    We don't expect any new recruits today.

I was thinking that Ajay Allen who is committed to TCU might come but I here it's not likely. He gets almost immediate playing time at TCU and we have 3 - 4 star guys ahead of him here. Thing is, he would be a nice fit here and could have one or two great years at State and get to the league with less wear and tear than he will get at TCU.

It still could be a good decision for him to come here.

vCash
    https://247sports.com/player/ajay-allen-46118313/
    He just committed to Nebraska minutes ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Rivals has us at #15 above Arkansas, Auburn and Ole Miss. ESPN has not spent any time on us.

vCash
    I am not as concerned about our position on signing day as I am about the overall team talent that hits the field on Saturdays.

I do think it will be improving this year.

Last year we were at 30 for college team talent with a lot of the guys on the field being 1 or 2 year guys. This next year the team will be older and hopefully better. The schedule will be tougher picking up GA from the east.

They will miss Cross but that's on Leach to get that offense clicking. The reason he was brought here was to have an offense that works even without 5 star guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    nothing to see here. I'm sure the NIL had no impact.
    NIL or not that is a pull and they are signed not just committed. I am sure 1 or 2 of them will transfer but the results are there NIL or not. You either get them to sign or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    NIL or not that is a pull and they are signed not just committed. I am sure 1 or 2 of them will transfer but the results are there NIL or not. You either get them to sign or not.
    No, it's very impressive. I'm just taking a shot at the people who didn't think NIL would have a significant mpact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    No, it's very impressive. I'm just taking a shot at the people who didn't think NIL would have a significant mpact.
    Here is the point, if someone believe NIL won’t make a difference in opinions of 18-21 year olds then they are just stupid OR they are trust fund babies meaning they never had to deal with not having a $100 bill in their pockets at all times.

Like I said last year repeatedly, schools in TX,TN,FL and all other states that do not have state income taxes will THRIVE in this era or “error” as I like to call it. Maybe if ole Tator can get his resolution passed then MS can join that list of tax free state income. I know they make up for it in property taxes but these kids are not buying property in these states that they are spending 2-3 years in.

Short answer, IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Well, they might go 9-3 with that talent instead of 8-4!!!! Jimbo going crazy!!!
    This all day. The players in Texas high schools are soft compared to SEC teams. Rinse repeat. They?ve been signing ?highly rated? classes on paper but the Texas version of high school football is why the little 12 is so soft outside of Oklahoma, historically. It is what it is. We constantly compete and out physical them year in and year out. Unless they have a Manziel type blue pill talent that can over compensate for their ED, they?ll be a annual 8-10 win team no matter who they sign. You can take this one to the bank.

vCash
    Yea we certainly manhandled that soft B12 Texas tech team in the bowl game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Yea we certainly manhandled that soft B12 Texas tech team in the bowl game.
    There were legit reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    16 players missing off the two deep had nothing to do with it

Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Missing players hurt and I knew it would make for a tougher game but I never expected us to get embarrassed the way we did.

vCash
    Don't pay any attention at all to ESPN recruiting. It's garbage. They don't care at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Rivals has us at #15 above Arkansas, Auburn and Ole Miss. ESPN has not spent any time on us.
    That's an interesting point. It's our best ranking on Rivals since 2003. 247 non-composite has us at 23. So ESPN having us low has a huge impact on perception
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Good point, ESPN rankings suck and yet 247 still uses them for their composite.

In 247 own ranking, they have State at 23rd. https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Fo.../TeamRankings/

But even that is not enough since that ranking does not include the transfer portal. Recruiting rankings from year to year have to be used as one component of team talent. Your rankings, Portal, overall team talent and age of players on the field all play a role.