Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OT: BBWA once again shows their ass

vCash
    I believe he was trying to be funny about not willing to lose inches elsewhere. Really think he was trying to be funny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    This page has been a damn good read; thanks to all.

Here's my question though. How much bad side effects exist with this stuff these days? I heard it shrivel your Junk & shit along with other serious organ damage. Is it fair for a player who wants no Johnson Damage compete with another who may be willing to trade a few inches for 35lbs of extra muscle? (Except the muscle between the legs)
    It's mostly because it ruins your liver, kidney, and heart. Those side effects are very real. I had a patient who was a bodybuilder who had to get a heart transplant because he blew out his heart using steroids.

To me, from a baseball standpoint the issue is do you want to sacrifice years off of your life for millions of dollars which may set your family up for their life?

For a lot of baseball players it wasn't about adding muscle. It was about aiding recovery which is needed because a 162+ game baseball season is absolutely brutal.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's mostly because it ruins your liver, kidney, and heart. Those side effects are very real. I had a patient who was a bodybuilder who had to get a heart transplant because he blew out his heart using steroids.

To me, from a baseball standpoint the issue is do you want to sacrifice years off of your life for millions of dollars which may set your family up for their life?

For a lot of baseball players it wasn't about adding muscle. It was about aiding recovery which is needed because a 162+ game baseball season is absolutely brutal.
    Not 100 % on board. Anything non toxic should be cool while side effect Shit needs to be gone and punished.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    So in order to be a great ballplayer they have to use PEDS?
    In order to be great you gotta make sacrifices. Brady sacrificed his kid's childhood and being a dad. But nowhere did I say that PED usage was a requirement for being great. Tongue-in-cheek joke about needing to do what others won't to be great. Idk where both you and matt learned to read, but might need to go back and pick up context clues you're missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    That's how it reads. That's not a very good take.
    How it reads is measuring guy who will take PEDs vs ones who won't. One is quite explicitly willing to sacrifice more to achieve greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I believe he was trying to be funny about not willing to lose inches elsewhere. Really think he was trying to be funny
    Thank lord not everyone here is unable to read.

Banned
    vCash
    Not 100 % on board. Anything non toxic should be cool while side effect Shit needs to be gone and punished.
    There's side effects to everything. If you could sacrifice your 70s and onward for having 100 million at 25, a lot of people would do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    There's side effects to everything. If you could sacrifice your 70s and onward for having 100 million at 25, a lot of people would do that.
    100% Agree.

vCash
    Agree. And that's why baseball banned it. But that's the fault of players like Bonds and McGwire who played when it wasn't illegal in baseball. And they shouldn't be penalized for it. All of this was new for MLB in the 1990's because of what I said earlier- it simply wasn't an issue because no one lifted weights outside of Frank Howard for years in baseball. Steroids weren't even a thought until the late 1980's.