Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: BBWA once again shows their ass

Banned
    vCash

OT: BBWA once again shows their ass

Ortiz getting in but Bonds not. Guess if Barry had a career w 1 more failed drug test, 7 less MVPs, 8 less gold gloves, 5 less silver sluggers, 220 less homers, 500 less hits, an OPS+ 41 points lower and an rWAR 107.4 lower he coulda been a 1st ballot hall of famer.

If you're gonna put one in, put them all in. Especially when you put in a guy like Ortiz 1st ballot who is absolutely a 2nd ballot guy. What a joke.

vCash
    good point on Ortiz, but Bonds went a little crazy with the roids. He went up like 3 hat sizes.

vCash
    Poppy was also a fan and media darling and was better of hiding any "illegal" enhancing substances than Bonds or Sosa. I'm glad he did get in.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    good point on Ortiz, but Bonds went a little crazy with the roids. He went up like 3 hat sizes.
    ortiz tested positive. same as rafi. if you put one in, all should go in. it was the era and you have to respect it.

bonds is a part of baseball history. you can't tell the story without him. put him in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Poppy was also a fan and media darling and was better of hiding any "illegal" enhancing substances than Bonds or Sosa. I'm glad he did get in.
    Papi's body and head size didn't change as much as Bonds. Bonds was 185 for 7 years of his MLB career then all of the sudden was 206.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    ortiz tested positive. same as rafi. if you put one in, all should go in. it was the era and you have to respect it.

bonds is a part of baseball history. you can't tell the story without him. put him in.
    Fair or not, when I think of steriod era the first person I think of is Barry Bonds. Followed by McGuire, Sosa, A-Rod, Clemons and Palmero.

Banned
    vCash
    Problem is Bonds did nothing against the rules and MLB ignored and profited off of it. Bud Selig being in means all of them get in. This silly PED moniker is a joke. You can't tell the story of baseball without Barry Bonds. He's the home run king. The game tarnished itself. The HoF should reflect the game.

vCash

Agree, MLB has become a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree, MLB has become a joke.
    Haven't pretty much all professional sports(and now some college sports) become a joke?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Haven't pretty much all professional sports(and now some college sports) become a joke?
    Hasn't every sports fan for the last 150 years asked this question upon reaching a certain age?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Hasn't every sports fan for the last 150 years asked this question upon reaching a certain age?
    You are correct sir! Exactly the point I was making.

vCash
    Ortiz getting in but Bonds not. Guess if Barry had a career w 1 more failed drug test, 7 less MVPs, 8 less gold gloves, 5 less silver sluggers, 220 less homers, 500 less hits, an OPS+ 41 points lower and an rWAR 107.4 lower he coulda been a 1st ballot hall of famer.

If you're gonna put one in, put them all in. Especially when you put in a guy like Ortiz 1st ballot who is absolutely a 2nd ballot guy. What a joke.
    Don?t get me wrong I like Pappi but the failed screen in itself should disqualify him! Media darling or not he was juiced! Just makes no sense! Like you said Tater, either let them all in or none and yes that includes Raffy!

Banned
    vCash
    As more money has poured in, there's been more emphasis on the Lakers playing the Lakers in the championship every year. I know this shit is partially entertainment but damn sometimes I just wish it could be pure sport.

vCash
    As more money has poured in, there's been more emphasis on the Lakers playing the Lakers in the championship every year. I know this shit is partially entertainment but damn sometimes I just wish it could be pure sport.
    I hear ya! It's why I watch a lot of d2 football and college and hs baseball. They're still semi pure. You wanna have some real enjoyment(minus the crazy moms and aunts) go watch some coach pitch baseball, it's some great entertainment with kids just having a blast.

vCash
    Yes true, guess I was speaking to the subject of thread - MLB HOF.

But yes pro sports and college on the same trajectory of being a joke.

Banned
    vCash
    I hear ya! It's why I watch a lot of d2 football and college and hs baseball. They're still semi pure. You wanna have some real enjoyment(minus the crazy moms and aunts) go watch some coach pitch baseball, it's some great entertainment with kids just having a blast.
    I've umpired enough t-ball (one game) that I'll stick to babe ruth. 13+ is pure sport with minimal parent annoyance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yes true, guess I was speaking to the subject of thread - MLB HOF.

But yes pro sports and college on the same trajectory of being a joke.
    I gotcha. Agree with you on that.

vCash
    I've umpired enough t-ball (one game) that I'll stick to babe ruth. 13+ is pure sport with minimal parent annoyance.
    Yeah after about 12 the Parents quit coming to the games. I coached showcase/travel ball for 20+ years and 13-14 was my favorite age group but that 7-8 coach pitch is fun as heck to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Papi's body and head size didn't change as much as Bonds. Bonds was 185 for 7 years of his MLB career then all of the sudden was 206.
    You're really basing whether a player should be a HOF on head size? Bonds was likely a HOF before he got into steroids.

I got news for the media- so many guys were using steroids it basically leveled the playing field.

vCash
    And Curt Shilling’s vote total was absolutely hurt because of his politics.