Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean Payton stepping away

Banned
    vCash

Sean Payton stepping away

👀

vCash
    Maybe Jerry will hire him(wishful thinking).

vCash
    Someone better check on 7 and make sure he's still breathing

vCash
    Mullen to NOLA

vCash
    Lane Train ***

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Lane would be an interesting pick up for the Saints.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He still has a year left on his deal. They would have to work something out with the Aints. Could have already worked a deal- he takes a year off, McCarthy fails yet again, brings in Payton for 2023
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I would imagine the candidates will be either Dennis Allen, Joe Brady, or Joe Lombardi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He still has a year left on his deal. They would have to work something out with the Aints. Could have already worked a deal- he takes a year off, McCarthy fails yet again, brings in Payton for 2023
    I imagine if Sean takes a year off and does TV he?s gonna realize he can make 10-15 mil and not have to be Jerry?s whipping boy. That?d be hard to return to all that dysfunction. Plus the Cowboys roster is going to look at lot different in 2023?.probably a lot worse.

vCash
    Yeah it's wishful thinking, I know. It would also piss off all the Saints fans if he went to Dallas which would be awesome!

vCash
    Yeah it's wishful thinking, I know. It would also piss off all the Saints fans if he went to Dallas which would be awesome!
    The Saints are in salary cap hell. Rebuild likely coming. Looks like Payton said "F this"

vCash
    The Saints are in salary cap hell. Rebuild likely coming. Looks like Payton said "F this"
    We are in the same amount of salary cap hell Dallas is about to be in. And our GM is not an idiot. We will be fine. Hell our D is still one of the best in the league. We are a QB and a WR1 away from being right back in the thick of things and with Rogers leaving GB, Brady probably retiring, and Dallas not being able to beat a team with a winning record the NFC is wide open.

vCash
    I don't think Sean would put up with Jerry's shit.

vCash
    Unless he's just tired of the whole thing I could see him taking a year off and then he would be a hot commodity for someone. Like i said wishful thinking for Dallas but Jerry's so pissed right now I could see him making Payton say no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    I don't think Sean would put up with Jerry's shit.
    Yeah I don't either, that's the wishful thinking part but I would bet Jerry would back up a brinks truck and make him say no because he's not very happy with his coaching staff right now(even though most of the problems stem from Jerry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We are in the same amount of salary cap hell Dallas is about to be in. And our GM is not an idiot. We will be fine. Hell our D is still one of the best in the league. We are a QB and a WR1 away from being right back in the thick of things and with Rogers leaving GB, Brady probably retiring, and Dallas not being able to beat a team with a winning record the NFC is wide open.
    I havent looked at it- just going off what Rappaport said this weekend. Said Saints had the worst salary cap issues in the NFL followed by GB. Said he didnt think there was any way Rogers stays in GB and Adams probably follows

vCash
    I havent looked at it- just going off what Rappaport said this weekend. Said Saints had the worst salary cap issues in the NFL followed by GB. Said he didnt think there was any way Rogers stays in GB and Adams probably follows
    That is correct. We have the worst, GB has the second worst, and Dallas is 3rd.

Saints will have to get creative with how they go about things. I think the thing we will probably see happen is Taysom will move on if a coach from outside the organization is brought in. That contract is completely voidable so it would save us some money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    A QB away is a long way away. You can be strapped by the salary cap and not have a QB

vCash
    This. And he tell Jerry to worry about the Salvation Army and leave the Team alone. Joe Lombardi would be a great choice. But they need a QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    A QB away is a long way away. You can be strapped by the salary cap and not have a QB
    If Brian Flores is the pick I don?t think that QB situation would be a problem anymore.