Thread: Last 1 in

vCash

Last 1 in

vCash
    We've gotta win one of these. Probably Kentucky, I don't know that we can beat TT at their place.
    Last edited by Catfish; 01-25-2022 at 12:09 PM.

vCash
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Lunardi say this morning Flarda is the last team in. UPig and State first 2 out...

I think we get hammered tonight. Not likely to play TT all that well either. Hope I'm wrong.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I feel better about matching up with TTU than I do UK. If we can keep it close and be in it at the under 4 timeout then we can win. They might be the worst late game situations team in the country. They turn from a top 10 team to a JV team in the last few minutes of games. I also don?t think they have anyone who can guard Iverson. Kansas? guards got to the rim at will on them last night.

vCash
    TT lost last night at Kansas, and they moved up 1 spot in NET. I hope this week doesn't hurt us considering Kentucky is #9 and TT is #13

vCash
    If we can keep both games close and not lose by more than 10 I think our NET will go up. We just need to avoid a blow out

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Man, all this hoping and wishing crap is old. The boys 17ed this season when they lost the nonconference games and let UM and UF beat us. Sorry, but this team is performing just well enough not to make the tourney. Just like they execute.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Man, all this hoping and wishing crap is old. The boys 17ed this season when they lost the nonconference games and let UM and UF beat us. Sorry, but this team is performing just well enough not to make the tourney. Just like they execute.
    Damn, did Howland piss in your Cheerios before he left???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    If we can keep both games close and not lose by more than 10 I think our NET will go up. We just need to avoid a blow out
    Apparently NET doesn't use scoring margin any more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Apparently NET doesn't use scoring margin any more
    I didn?t realize that changed. I guess the best thing we can do is hope all the teams we beat do well.

vCash
    I didn?t realize that changed. I guess the best thing we can do is hope all the teams we beat do well.
    Neither did Howland.

vCash

lame

MSU's net ranking is inline to qualify, especially considering the number of Q1 games left. There is still plenty to play for, and support unless you're are fairweather fan.
    I understand being frustrated with this team, because we know the talent level is close to the best it has ever been at MSU. Just need to get hot, and the chances are there.
    HailState!

vCash
    That Florida collapse is going to come back to haunt us. Watch.

vCash
    That is a pathetic method. Losing but not sucking is as important as winning??? Stupid ass formula!

That means a 16-14 team can get in but a 23-9 team cannot. Stupidest thing ever!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    That is a pathetic method. Losing but not sucking is as important as winning??? Stupid ass formula!

That means a 16-14 team can get in but a 23-9 team cannot. Stupidest thing ever!!!
    I did not realize at the time I wrote that NET doesn?t take into consideration margin of victory anymore, but last year and in previous years it actually was a major part of the formula

vCash
    My understanding is that scoring margin is not a direct factor in the formula, but it does play into the offensive and defensive efficiency metrics that go in there. So big wins are going to be better than close wins, not equal, and close losses and better than blowouts.

vCash
    TT lost last night at Kansas, and they moved up 1 spot in NET. I hope this week doesn't hurt us considering Kentucky is #9 and TT is #13
    Let's see if this happens for us tomorrow. We also got a top 10 NET team into OT.

Tough loss

vCash
    Up 3 spots in NET to #44.

vCash
    Up 3 spots in NET to #44.
    That is why a win last night would have been MASSIVE. We went up 3 with a loss, probably would have gone up 7-10 spots with a win. Another big opportunity Saturday that is not necessarily MUST win. But maybe an ALMOST must win. Saturday is the type of game you got to win if you want to take that next step.