Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rickea Jackson just put her name in the portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonDawg4Life View Post
    And I thought Vic was a good Christian man.
    I'm sure he is. Just because one of his family members chose to do something with her personal life doesn't change that. There are thousands of Christians that have homosexual family members. Not our place to judge anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And no coach in America would be allowed to have his own daughter on staff doing that. Cohen had no choice in how he handled it. Vic chose to leave. He was not forced to leave.
    As he should. Really no different than Cann IMO.

vCash
    🐂💩. Get ALL your facts straight?.. This was on Cohen. He wanted him gone.

vCash
    Why did cohen want him gone? Too much PTL n go dawgs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    ����. Get ALL your facts straight?.. This was on Cohen. He wanted him gone.
    Now, I'm a hater, but Cohen didn't fire him. Cohen didn't want him gone. Hell, Cohen offered him a raise. Cohen gave him an ultimatum he chose to walk away from. He probably wouldn't have if his only coaching offer was SE LA, but it was Texas.

vCash

Does this really surprise anybody?

Based on everything we have seen with this team (Vic leaving, Coach Pinson has to leave for medical, new players, assistant coaches fighting, etc.). Writing has been on the wall for awhile.

What sucks is even though she was the SEC leading scorer and all, she really never developed into the player she was projected to be. Her (lack of) defense will affect her draft status a tad, but she is going to crush next season...guaranteed.

It was fun while it lasted. Our school has proven we can get a National Championship in other sports, so it is what it is.

vCash
    Again for the cheap seats ... It’s Women’s Basketball
    Yes I want to win, and no I don’t worry about it if we dont.

The ride is over , it was a good one. Thanks for the memories Vic. And ***** remains undefeated
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-25-2022 at 09:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

The ride is over , it was a good one. Thanks for the memories Vic. And ***** remains undefeated
    This pretty much sums it up.

vCash
    It will always remain undefeated unless the world continues to turn into Carl Nassibs…… only way to defeat it. Haha, but who wants it defeated?
    Last edited by SilentSteel16; 01-25-2022 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    Who cares

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    If she?s shitty enough to abandon the team mid season she needs to go. She will probably be successful nowhere
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Who cares
    Apparently the 7000 plus fans that were showing up for the Women?s games when 1500 were showing up for the Men?s games care.

Heck, some schools relish having successful minor athletics programs like Stanford or UCLA who are always competing for the ALL-Sports Trophy.

State has some success in a few minor sports but not championship level like schools with Swimming, Diving, Gymnastics, Cross-Country, Track&Field, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, LaCrosse, etc?

Like someone else said, I want State to win every sport they field a team or Individual in.

Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Who cares
    I actually do. I know I'm in the minority on this board but just a few years ago we were playing for National Championships in Women's basketball. We were considered a powerhouse program with the likes of programs like UCONN and South Carolina during that time. As a long time MSU fan I take pride in winning at every sport. To go from National Championship games to this is bad, I want us to get this thing back on the right track. All it takes is one good hire, look at LSU's women's program this year under Mulkey, they went from 9-13 last year to 17-3 this year.

vCash
    I?m sorry but I wasn?t brought up that way. A lot of today?s generation it?s all about themselves and instant gratification. Thus we have NIL and transfer portal. The way I was taught that quitters, especially mid season, were akin to military deserters. I was taught to never ever quit a fight, team sport or even simple things. No matter how unfairly things were.

Also she is correct I don?t know what is going on behind closed doors in the program but obviously that?s a chicken way to put out to the public that there is troubles. You are leaving why not tell the problem so that we understand her reasoning for leaving mid season. The way she did it only caused resentment of her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

All Day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I actually do. I know I'm in the minority on this board but just a few years ago we were playing for National Championships in Women's basketball. We were considered a powerhouse program with the likes of programs like UCONN and South Carolina during that time. As a long time MSU fan I take pride in winning at every sport. To go from National Championship games to this is bad, I want us to get this thing back on the right track. All it takes is one good hire, look at LSU's women's program this year under Mulkey, they went from 9-13 last year to 17-3 this year.
    Right, but it is all about the coach. Our program got to those heights solely because of Vic Schaefer. So you have to find the next Schaefer...and that ain't easy. It's always the goal, but good luck doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Well, you can fool a large flock when you add PTL to everything.
    Yep. Hue Freez & the Landsharks come to mind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Apparently the 7000 plus fans that were showing up for the Women?s games when 1500 were showing up for the Men?s games care.

Heck, some schools relish having successful minor athletics programs like Stanford or UCLA who are always competing for the ALL-Sports Trophy.

State has some success in a few minor sports but not championship level like schools with Swimming, Diving, Gymnastics, Cross-Country, Track&Field, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, LaCrosse, etc?

Like someone else said, I want State to win every sport they field a team or Individual in.

Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!
    Hard to compete from an all-sports standpoint, when most of the minor programs you mention are simply club teams sponsored by the school.

I would love nothing more than to have lacrosse offered, but I'm biased to that sport because both my kids play it.

Even at the height of our WBB team, I believe we were still either losing money or barely breaking even. As others have said, it was fun while it lasted!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonDawg4Life View Post
    And I thought Vic was a good Christian man.
    You mean to tell me there were lesbians on a women's basketball team? I'm shocked. Shocked!

vCash
    Randomly on twitter.... saw this lol