Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Next Year Season in Football.

vCash
    I don't know about OM and their portal success, but at this point I feel like Lane could create an entire team of portal kids from the School for the deaf and blind and still beat Leach....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    How Much?
    Corral point blank said the offense being good was all on Lebby. Lebby worked with him and the offense A LOT. Remember when our DC under JoMo started Toughness Tuesdays b/c we were getting to be fragile little bitches? Lebby did something similar with the offense. But, it was more about chemistry and execution. It wasn't Lane's idea. According to Corral good old Freshwater was usually off in Florida and missed quite a few practices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Corral point blank said the offense being good was all on Lebby. Lebby worked with him and the offense A LOT. Remember when our DC under JoMo started Toughness Tuesdays b/c we were getting to be fragile little bitches? Lebby did something similar with the offense. But, it was more about chemistry and execution. It wasn't Lane's idea. According to Corral good old Freshwater was usually off in Florida and missed quite a few practices.
    Recognize that OU reporters skewed the questions to paint Lebby as a great OC at the expense of Kiffin. He?s been on several things talking big on both of them. He seems to hold Kiffin in high regard still. You?re smarter than to believe fan writer slop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Recognize that OU reporters skewed the questions to paint Lebby as a great OC at the expense of Kiffin. He?s been on several things talking big on both of them. He seems to hold Kiffin in high regard still. You?re smarter than to believe fan writer slop.
    Matt can still hold Kiffin in high regard but say he wasn't at a lot of offensive workouts. We'll see if Weiss Jr. can get the respect Lebby did.

vCash
    Why would Lebby vent at Kiffin through a fan reporter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well this board said Matt corral sucked after his first egg bowl, so it isn't like we're too good at judging om players
    He was benched for John Rhys Plumlee the year after that Egg Bowl. So, I guess Ole Miss's coaches thought he sucked too.

Now some of those same fans are saying that Will Rogers sucks at the same stage in his career as Corral.

vCash
    Lane acts that way to everybody he crosses paths with. He has been forced to give apologies on multiple occasions by Carter simply due to how he acted or said to a very influential person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why would Lebby vent at Kiffin through a fan reporter?
    Not Lebby. An OU fan site writer asked Corral about Lebby for content to build up Lebby. It appears there are some at OU that still don?t like his Briles connection, so they really pointed the questions to get the answers they were looking for, like ALL fan site writers do.

vCash
    He was benched for John Rhys Plumlee the year after that Egg Bowl. So, I guess Ole Miss's coaches thought he sucked too.

Now some of those same fans are saying that Will Rogers sucks at the same stage in his career as Corral.
    Will doesn?t suck. He will do fine. Win some games and will put up big stats, because that?s what all fairly efficient AirRaid QBs do in Leach?s system. He would have to be really bad not to. Now, that being said, he and Corral aren?t the same talent wise, even when compared at the same point in their careers. Will is more mature, but nowhere near as talented.

vCash
    Will doesn?t suck. He will do fine. Win some games and will put up big stats, because that?s what all fairly efficient AirRaid QBs do in Leach?s system. He would have to be really bad not to. Now, that being said, he and Corral aren?t the same talent wise, even when compared at the same point in their careers. Will is more mature, but nowhere near as talented.
    Will being as talented as Corral isn't my point. My point is Will is likely to improve a lot between now and the next year or two.

vCash
    Will being as talented as Corral isn't my point. My point is Will is likely to improve a lot between now and the next year or two.
    He may. Typically comes in the form of fine tuning, though, not increased athletic ability at this point. I?ve not ever said Will sucks. He?s fine. He?s reliable enough and smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    1. Lost best player to the Draft.
    2. Lost two other starters to the draft.
    3. 14 starters graduated.
    4. 17 guys enter the portal.

They will still be pre-season ranked.
    This is what happens when you have a journalism school and place Ole Miss graduates in sports reporting jobs. This doesn't mean the talking heads are Ole Miss fans. This means that one of their research guys, a stat girl, and 2 of the camera operators that they work around everyday are Ole Miss fans and those people chat and talk them up. It's not a conspiracy it's marketing 101 and, yes, Ole Miss does this intentionally and, no, it's not a big conspiracy with the students they help get jobs. You just put people that are supporters or fans of your company in and around influential people or give them a voice and wait for the windfall. This happens at the local, regional, and national level. State is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind in this aspect. This is how you win a NC or go to 12 straight bowl games and get picked dead last every season while a team with majority losing seasons in that same time span gets picked in the top 25 regulary. It's perception guided by pro-Ole Miss influence and mouthpieces. Again...not a conspiracy just marketing.

The interesting thing about this is that it creates a perception of "winning legacy" which isn't real but still becomes reality due to that perception. This gets reflected (typically) in recruiting leading to success with some high profile recruits which then leads to 10 win seasons. I know it's not the way your typical MSU fan or booster thinks but it is often a successful strategy. Not everytime but it does equate to "higher highs".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well this board said Matt corral sucked after his first egg bowl, so it isn't like we're too good at judging om players
    I still think Corral is a cock sucker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is what happens when you have a journalism school and place Ole Miss graduates in sports reporting jobs. This doesn't mean the talking heads are Ole Miss fans. This means that one of their research guys, a stat girl, and 2 of the camera operators that they work around everyday are Ole Miss fans and those people chat and talk them up. It's not a conspiracy it's marketing 101 and, yes, Ole Miss does this intentionally and, no, it's not a big conspiracy with the students they help get jobs. You just put people that are supporters or fans of your company in and around influential people or give them a voice and wait for the windfall. This happens at the local, regional, and national level. State is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind in this aspect. This is how you win a NC or go to 12 straight bowl games and get picked dead last every season while a team with majority losing seasons in that same time span gets picked in the top 25 regulary. It's perception guided by pro-Ole Miss influence and mouthpieces. Again...not a conspiracy just marketing.

The interesting thing about this is that it creates a perception of "winning legacy" which isn't real but still becomes reality due to that perception. This gets reflected (typically) in recruiting leading to success with some high profile recruits which then leads to 10 win seasons. I know it's not the way your typical MSU fan or booster thinks but it is often a successful strategy. Not everytime but it does equate to "higher highs".
    Agree. The fake it til you make it is an actual strategy that does work more often than one would think.

Banned
    vCash
    Yep.

vCash
    Not sure if he is but that is what the oxford cougars do for him.

vCash
    Dart is now rumored to be enrolled at OM ..... along with Trigg. ( I have no idea who Trigg is but they sure seem excited about it) ... now all of a sudden they are expecting another big season next year
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    They expect a big year every year, and somehow convince media they will have one too. I dont see any way they win the egg bowl next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Dart is now rumored to be enrolled at OM ..... along with Trigg. ( I have no idea who Trigg is but they sure seem excited about it) ... now all of a sudden they are expecting another big season next year
    I hope it is just BS. The Trigg kid is a damn good TE. I'm not sold on the QB, he is solid - but Trigg is a really nice TE that kiffin will figure out a way to use.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I hope it is just BS. The Trigg kid is a damn good TE. I'm not sold on the QB, he is solid - but Trigg is a really nice TE that kiffin will figure out a way to use.
    Steve just said on the Chuck Oliver that one of his sources confirmed Dart, but didn?t mention Trigg.