Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Next Year Season in Football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    There were several experienced DCs (maybe not great but experienced) on the market over the last 6 weeks. Durkin dumping them for A&M w/ no viable, experienced replacement seems quite telling.
    Agreed.

vCash
    What great DCs have just failed at being HC or have baggage? That?s the rack they shop on.

vCash
    They will live or die through the portal. If they land the kids from USC, they will be better than I want them to be.

They have some solid commits through the portal already. Thankfully, it looks like the LSU WR from MS is staying at LSU. I don't expect them to be a top 15-20 team, but I could easily see them going 7-5 or 8-4. We simply have to handle our business next year in Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    They will live or die through the portal. If they land the kids from USC, they will be better than I want them to be.

They have some solid commits through the portal already. Thankfully, it looks like the LSU WR from MS is staying at LSU. I don't expect them to be a top 15-20 team, but I could easily see them going 7-5 or 8-4. We simply have to handle our business next year in Oxford.
    That LB they got from Central Michigan was legit in the bowl game vs WSU. I can see him being like that LB they got from Maryland, Campbell, was last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

Kiffin is playing chess. Leach playing checkers. Kiffin just hired a coach from USC. Should help them close the deal with Dart and Trigg. Meanwhile, Leach can't even pull the trigger on a no-brainer hire in Bumphis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure we were picked to finish last in 1999 after we won the SEC.
    If I remember correctly we were picked at or near the bottom 97-2000 after have SECW best 4 year stretch. Media finally got on board in 2001 and we had a collapse. Typical MSU. Cried wolf to media, sucker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Kiffin is playing chess. Leach playing checkers. Kiffin just hired a coach from USC. Should help them close the deal with Dart and Trigg. Meanwhile, Leach can't even pull the trigger on a no-brainer hire in Bumphis.
    More like Leach playing chess like someone with checker skills.

vCash
    I'm gonna have to see it work more than one season. Plus, if they don't land the USC kid, they are rolling with Altmeyer. That puts their ceiling at 7 wins. I'll be honest, I didn't think they would do this well in the portal (I wanted the kid from Iowa State), but they also have to put it all together, which will be damn hard to do.

vCash
    And exactly what is Dart gonna do? Dude, has played in 6 games his entire college career thus far.

Y'all act like Kiffin is gonna get Josh Allen or Mohommes to walk through his door.

It's like some of you have battered wife syndrome and Kiffin is your husband.

vCash
    And exactly what is Dart gonna do? Dude, has played in 6 games his entire college career thus far.

Y'all act like Kiffin is gonna get Josh Allen or Mohommes to walk through his door.

It's like some of you have battered wife syndrome and Kiffin is your husband.
    He's a 5 star talent. I watched the USC-WSU game this year. Kid can play.

vCash
    I remember we once got a transfer from California that seemed too good to be true until our second game

vCash
    Wow. One whole game. Well, shit, I guess he's gonna make Matt Corral look like Mike Henig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Amazing they couldn't find a top notch DC, with all the money and prestige they have up there, lol!
    And they have a bookstore!

vCash
    Wow. One whole game. Well, shit, I guess he's gonna make Matt Corral look like Mike Henig.
    Well this board said Matt corral sucked after his first egg bowl, so it isn't like we're too good at judging om players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well this board said Matt corral sucked after his first egg bowl, so it isn't like we're too good at judging om players
    Matt Corral did kind of suck. He was a turnover machine. And then he got better. He played more than 6 games to get there too.

C'mon people using ole miss to disguise your Leach hate just looks tacky.

vCash
    Agreed, Rep!

vCash
    Matt Corral did kind of suck. He was a turnover machine. And then he got better. He played more than 6 games to get there too.

C'mon people using ole miss to disguise your Leach hate just looks tacky.
    I'm not a huge fan of leach's offense, but I feel much better going forward this offseason than the last. I also think OM will be tough to beat if they add another talented qb bc lane is a hell of an offensive coach.

vCash
    Dart is very talented.
    He's not near as mobile as corral though. Not as shifty or quick twitch. He can move a little though. Similar to levis as a runner, but not as big.
    Good touch. Can make all the throws. But he has a slower delivery.
    Not sure about decision making.
    He will be a drop off from senior corral.

And I imagine altmeyer transfers if dart comes in. Rumor is he's not happy about lane going after every qb in the portal.

vCash
    Corral and Altmyer really liked Lebby........

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Corral and Altmyer really liked Lebby........
    How Much?