Thread: This day in history

vCash

This day in history

36 year anniversary of the Challenger disaster. I remember one of my teachers telling us in school. I was 11.

vCash
    I was at JCJC. Crazy

vCash
    The Netflix documentary on it Challenger: The Final Flight was really well done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    36 year anniversary of the Challenger disaster. I remember one of my teachers telling us in school. I was 11.
    I was 5 and we were watching it in class because one of the people going up was a teacher.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I was 5 and we were watching it in class because one of the people going up was a teacher.
    I remember it well because I was super pissed off as a kid that they interrupted Inspector Gadget that afternoon with coverage from the shuttle launch. My kid brain couldn't process that it was more important than go go gadget arms.
    Last edited by Vandownbytheriver; 01-29-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Kinda weird for me cuz I had an apartment at 55 & Fortification and still remember walking to my car that day knowing what happened.

We were much cooler back then than today's Yutes cuz we called it "Fornication" Skreet.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 01-29-2022 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    The level of pressure and negligence that went into that space shuttle launch was eye opening. All to get a teacher into space.

vCash
    I was at work. We always had a big screen projector television set up in our large conference room so everybody could watch, and it was the first Shuttle launch I'd missed (had to do preparation for another meeting). I was walking out of my office, and saw one of my co-workers hurrying to his office. I asked what was going on. I'll never forget his answer: "The Orbiter just blew up".