Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broke: JT Daniels in transfer portal. Woke: MJ Daniels in transfer portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    MJ announces he's not going into the transfer portal and will be staying at OM
    Probably gonna stay and play QB for them.*

vCash
    False alarm.

vCash
    Check cleared.

vCash
    Guess this is the new "contract negotiation" method.

vCash
    Porsche!

vCash
    "Fool me once...shame on.... shame on.... you. Fool me..... you can't get fooled again." -W

Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 01-23-2022 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Check cleared.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    I had this exact same thought

vCash
    This is gonna be the new normal, huh? Every year, a team will have to renegotiate with current roster talent or else they?ll find their way into the portal, and the price to retain will reflect how much their handlers tell them that they?re worth to someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    This is gonna be the new normal, huh? Every year, a team will have to renegotiate with current roster talent or else they?ll find their way into the portal, and the price to retain will reflect how much their handlers tell them that they?re worth to someone else.
    Ben McDonald had a quote I think yesterday saying the portal as it is now is very broken.

Said it's reduced competition and gotten ridiculous.

I think NIL could work if the portal was fixed. The 1 free transfer rule needs to go. It's highest bidder gambling and opens the door even more to other programs meddling with kids through back channels.

If you had to sit out a year still, the portal wouldn't make college football so volatile. Right now, it's no wonder coaches are getting paid insane money. There's no way that job can be joyful. You are on 365 and constantly looking over your shoulder trying to come up with what you need to do to stay ahead and compete.

vCash
    It's the immediate eligibility when transferring that is the issue. Enacting that at the same time as NIL was a predictably horrendous decision.

I suspect we are headed towards employee status, which I believe will help bc there will likely be multi year employment contracts that have penalties for breach.