Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did we just offer a legit dual threat QB?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    The QB conversation is hard to have with Wyatt sitting at the table. He?s gonna do like any of us would do if y?all were discussing yours or my kid. Just gotta remember that when he talks. If you read close enough, you can usually see the spin he?s putting on it.
    You really think Wyatt is little more than a Sunshine Pumper?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    You really think Wyatt is little more than a Sunshine Pumper?
    Not Matt Wyatt. Wyatt is his first name.

vCash
    Why would pointing to your relationship be an insult? It?s just a glimpse into the reason for your blind dedication. I do appreciate how you word your posts, though. Words carefully selected that would be fairly true of any QB in Will?s position. Good job.
    Bc for one you are flat out lying saying im his dad, two you either dont want to admit you have been wrong about Will out of spite or you maybe just enjoy trolling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Minshew isn't really anymore athletic than Will. Minshew just was willing to take off more. I don't think Will's issue is mobility. I think Will has to improve on his pocket awareness & pocket manipulation. Also his anticipation needs to improve some. As he gets older & more comfortable you would hope/expect that to improve.
    Y'all need to listen to this man. He knows way more than quite a few of us on here. His name pretty much says it all. There's a few folks to really pay attention to when they post and IYOK is one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Bc for one you are flat out lying saying im his dad, two you either dont want to admit you have been wrong about Will out of spite or you maybe just enjoy trolling
    What have I said that was wrong about Will that I haven?t owned? Remember, that was only 1 thing.
    You speak in generalities about ___________, the QB for Mike Leach. I just like to point out how those things could be true of just about anyone taking the snaps, not just Will. Am I wrong? If so, make the case. I?m willing to be swayed.

vCash
    What have I said that was wrong about Will that I haven?t owned? Remember, that was only 1 thing.
    You speak in generalities about ___________, the QB for Mike Leach. I just like to point out how those things could be true of just about anyone taking the snaps, not just Will. Am I wrong? If so, make the case. I?m willing to be swayed.
    I speak about facts. Which you have not brought much of to any conversation. Emojis and calling me Wills dad doesnt count.

vCash
    If anyone could take the snaps then why didnt Abraham win the job? Why didnt Robertson beat him out? Why do the coaches, OL, WRs all stand with him?

Not just anyone can do what he has done, I am by no means saying he is perfect he has misses and he takes too many sacks at times. But he is still going to be the best passer we have ever had. We have had some much more talented QBs get beaten like a drum at auburn and at Texas A&M while being asked to do much much less in the passing game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Y'all need to listen to this man. He knows way more than quite a few of us on here. His name pretty much says it all. There's a few folks to really pay attention to when they post and IYOK is one of them.
    IYOK is really knowledgeable about All things MSU football, spot on.

However Minshew finished in the top five of all q b s at the nfl combine in vertical jump and broad jump. Watch any jags or eagles clips on YouTube, he can run for first down in the nfl and easily dodge defensive end or blitzing linebackers. Does anyone here honestly see Will doing that ? Will really struggles to run forward for three or four yards. They are not comparable as athletes. Minshew is not above average athletically for an nfl q b. He is adequate.

Will is physically limited with foot speed quickness, arm strength and physical strength. He can and should gain strength but I the other aspects are probably about as good as they are going to get.

Locke and Robertson have higher ceilings. I would imagine one of them will end up taking over at some point. This is not a knock on Will, he has done a commendable job especially for a freshman thrown in the mix because Costello didn’t pan out and there were no other veteran q bs on the roster.

Every q b Leach has ever had put up video game numbers, hardly any of them made it in the nfl, Minshew being one and Harrell barely stuck around in the nfl. Robertson and Locke are two of the more talented , polished q bs Leach has ever signed.

vCash
    I speak about facts. Which you have not brought much of to any conversation. Emojis and calling me Wills dad doesnt count.
    The fact is that Leach has never pulled top end QB talent and has put up huge numbers with a high efficiency, short yardage passing game that chews up the field from 20 to 20. QB is basically a nameless position on Leach?s team as it doesn?t make a ton of difference who he puts back there for the most part. Those are facts.

vCash
    And that's the way it is as long as Leach is the HC. Now please change the topic enough of Dak's pissin contest. Please defer all questions to IYOK from this time forward.

vCash
    If anyone could take the snaps then why didnt Abraham win the job? Why didnt Robertson beat him out? Why do the coaches, OL, WRs all stand with him?

Not just anyone can do what he has done, I am by no means saying he is perfect he has misses and he takes too many sacks at times. But he is still going to be the best passer we have ever had. We have had some much more talented QBs get beaten like a drum at auburn and at Texas A&M while being asked to do much much less in the passing game
    1.Name the QBs more talented than Will that were beaten like a drum at Auburn and TAMU.
    TAMU and AU weren?t very good this year.
    2. Yes, anyone that starts as a freshman, gets 4 or 5 extra Covid games, plays all 4 yrs, and throws the ball 50 times a game will definitely beat out every passer in the history of a run first program.
    3. Many thought Abraham looked better than Will in spring, then he got concussed for the 200th time.
    4. Who knows what Robertson?s deal is. Most talented QB we?ve ever signed and he isn?t even 2nd string.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    And that's the way it is as long as Leach is the HC. Now please change the topic enough of Dak's pissin contest. Please defer all questions to IYOK from this time forward.
    Sorry that a discussion about our QB on a MSU sports forum is a pissing contest. Reality is what it is, but not always appreciated by many. Like Carlin once said- Everyone appreciates honesty.. until your honest with them.. then you?re an asshole.

vCash
    1.Name the QBs more talented than Will that were beaten like a drum at Auburn and TAMU.
    TAMU and AU weren?t very good this year.
    2. Yes, anyone that starts as a freshman, gets 4 or 5 extra Covid games, plays all 4 yrs, and throws the ball 50 times a game will definitely beat out every passer in the history of a run first program.
    3. Many thought Abraham looked better than Will in spring, then he got concussed for the 200th time.
    4. Who knows what Robertson?s deal is. Most talented QB we?ve ever signed and he isn?t even 2nd string.
    How do you know Robertson is the most talented we've ever signed ? Will is doing a pretty good job for us and it sounds like you are knocking the hell out of him and yes it does matter who we put back there at QB and THAT's a fact .... Nameless Position at QB ??? Nobody will bring perfection to the position and I'm sure Leach would prefer Will Rogers in his offense over Chris Relf .... You're usually a pretty good poster Dak but this sounds like arguing just for arguing's sake ... unless I'm somehow just misunderstanding your point
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Why does everything turn into a Will bashing? He might not be an NFL guy, but most college QBs aren't. Hell, it took AL years to find NFL QBs. They've only had a couple worth a shit in the league. Robertson will get his chance. Leach will tell you he thinks he's going to be great. But he's not beating out Will unless Will gets hurt or Leach becomes unhappy with him. So you guys need to sit back. The 2022 season is going to determine a lot of stuff with MSU football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    How do you know Robertson is the most talented we've ever signed ? Will is doing a pretty good job for us and it sounds like you are knocking the hell out of him and yes it does matter who we put back there at QB and THAT's a fact .... Nameless Position at QB ??? Nobody will bring perfection to the position and I'm sure Leach would prefer Will Rogers in his offense over Chris Relf .... You're usually a pretty good poster Dak but this sounds like arguing just for arguing's sake ... unless I'm somehow just misunderstanding your point
    Probably should have described Robertson as most highly recruited QB we?ve ever signed.
    I think most miss my point on this as I find myself explaining it quite often. I am not saying Will sucks, in fact most of my posts say that I don?t think he does. I just don?t say that Will is special and that pisses people off to no end. In their minds, we need a special player at QB to win. This is because traditionally, that has always been the case. It?s no longer the case with the AR. Mike Leach has a long history of having a QB put up big numbers, win some and lose some he shouldn?t, and have a fairly successful/bowl type season. That?s why I say that the QB can be nameless. History shows that it?s fairly plug and play under Leach. Will will rewrite our record books, probably SEC record books, and possibly NCAA record books, but it will have more to do with time played in the AirRaid than him being extremely special. Thing is, he doesn?t have to be and it?s going to be alright. I guess that?s too much for most to grasp.
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 01-26-2022 at 10:53 AM.

vCash
    Probably should have described Robertson as most highly recruited QB we?ve ever signed.
    I think most miss my point on this as I find myself explaining it quite often. I am not saying Will sucks, in fact most of my posts say that I don?t think he does. I just don?t say that Will is special and that pisses people off to no end. In their minds, we need a special player at QB to win. This is because traditionally, that has always been the case. It?s no longer the case with the AR. Mike Leach has a long history of having a QB put up big numbers, win some and lose some he shouldn?t, and have a fairly successful/bowl type season. That?s why I say that the QB can be nameless. History shows that it?s fairly plug and play under Leach. Will will rewrite our record books, probably SEC record books, and possibly NCAA record books, but it will have more to do with time played in the AirRaid than him being extremely special. Thing is, he doesn?t have to be and it?s going to be alright. I guess that?s too much for most to grasp.
    You're reaching. Robertson played some shitty HS football. He's never remotely faced what he'd see in the SEC. it's simply a case of him still learning. You don't throw a kid to wolves for the sake of saying he was highly recruited and has good athletic ability. There's more to than that. This coming season will solve a lot of puzzles IMO.

vCash
    Dak evidently should be coaching the team as well as the director of recruiting. Leach will win 6 or 7 next regular season and 8 if he is wildly lucky regardless of who plays the QB spot. Competent special teams and dropping fewer pass that hit receivers in their hands would have given leach 9 wins this past year at the least. I feel that Leach and staff are reaching out and recruiting the players who they feel want to play at state and do the best to continue building the program back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You're reaching. Robertson played some shitty HS football. He's never remotely faced what he'd see in the SEC. it's simply a case of him still learning. You don't throw a kid to wolves for the sake of saying he was highly recruited and has good athletic ability. There's more to than that. This coming season will solve a lot of puzzles IMO.
    agree .... Costello who was a 5-star Senior QB wasn't exactly plug and play as we have already found out .... apparently Garrett Schrader wasn't plug and play and neither is any of the other in-experienced QB's that we currently have on roster ...... If anyone is plug and play it is Will Rogers and that was because we HAD to have someone step up and play
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    1. Outside of about 3 HS programs, none have you ready for the SEC. What a stupid thing to say.
    2. How is it throwing him to the wolves to say that he?s our most highly recruited QB coming out of HS ever? Is he not? You?re talking nonsense now. I?d love to see what he can do, but many seem to think he is more about baseball. Maybe that?s true. Doesn?t change the hype around him signing with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    agree .... Costello who was a 5-star Senior QB wasn't exactly plug and play as we have already found out .... apparently Garrett Schrader wasn't plug and play and neither is any of the other in-experienced QB's that we currently have on roster ...... If anyone is plug and play it is Will Rogers and that was because we HAD to have someone step up and play
    Will had the advantage of playing in an AirRaid system in HS. Costello played pro style his entire career and didn?t pick it up fast enough. When his confidence left, he was done. Schrader and all true dual threat/running QBs don?t do well for Leach. It?s one reason he rarely signs them. He wants a QB to throw the ball.