Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about women's hoops...

vCash

Question about women's hoops...

I may be the only one, but I have not cared one iota about women's hoops since Vic left and McCray tanked us. And I know some say the interim guy deserves a shot, maybe so...whatever. But my question is....why not go out and hire Blair Schaefer? Someone is eventually going to, she played here, her Dad coached here, she saw how he recruited, coached, and grew the program. Yes she's young, but what's the risk? We suck? We suck now. So why not give it a shot? If the rest of the fan base gives as little of a shit about that program as I do right now, it couldn't possibly hurt.

vCash
    Someone needs to let Cadaver know why Vic left.

vCash
    Who wants to tell him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I may be the only one, but I have not cared one iota about women's hoops since Vic left and McCray tanked us. And I know some say the interim guy deserves a shot, maybe so...whatever. But my question is....why not go out and hire Blair Schaefer? Someone is eventually going to, she played here, her Dad coached here, she saw how he recruited, coached, and grew the program. Yes she's young, but what's the risk? We suck? We suck now. So why not give it a shot? If the rest of the fan base gives as little of a shit about that program as I do right now, it couldn't possibly hurt.
    I could be wrong but someone said on a thread a little while ago that some stuff went down between her and a player while she was an assistant under Vic. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited: Because I hate when people are vague on message boards- apparently the year she was an assistant under her dad she was hooking up with one of the players and is a reason Vic left.
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 01-20-2022 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Who wants to tell him?
    Someone needs to tell him lickity split.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Someone needs to tell him lickity split.
    Lol. Just wrong man...

vCash
    I may be the only one, but I have not cared one iota about women's hoops since Vic left and McCray tanked us. And I know some say the interim guy deserves a shot, maybe so...whatever. But my question is....why not go out and hire Blair Schaefer? .
    lmao- this is the funniest thread here in awhile. Next thing ya know Cadaver gonna start a thread saying the Epstein Foundation should start a series of finishing schools for young women.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    All the other side noise aside she hasn?t even been an official assistant coach anywhere yet. She is currently Director of Basketball Operations at UT and was in a similar role here. The entirety of her career other than as a broadcaster has been under her father. She may be a great coach one day but she isn?t remotely ready to take the reins of an SEC program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    lmao- this is the funniest thread here in awhile. Next thing ya know Cadaver gonna start a thread saying the Epstein Foundation should start a series of finishing schools for young women.
    That's Awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    I could be wrong but someone said on a thread a little while ago that some stuff went down between her and a player while she was an assistant under Vic. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited: Because I hate when people are vague on message boards- apparently the year she was an assistant under her dad she was hooking up with one of the players and is a reason Vic left.
    Yes, I believe she was fond with the land down under.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Who wants to tell him?
    It's been referred to 100 times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post

Did player jump ship a couple years ago?

vCash
    This is as classic as it gets. Damn this is great fun. Were some of you really expecting CD to add asterisks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Yes, I believe she was fond with the land down under.
    Who wasn?t?

vCash
    Other off court issues aside, if Cohen wouldn't hire Vic's top assistant when Vic left, who wanted the job badly, why would he now consider Blair Schaefer who currently has no real coaching experience?

vCash
    Lol, like I said, I don't pay much attention to it. Glad I could bring some laughs though. I had not heard the stories, but I can read between the lines. Feel free to fill me in...(unlike Blair I guess)

Banned
    vCash
    Are yall saying we fired Vic due to his daughter ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Are yall saying we fired Vic due to his daughter ?
    I have no clue but it could have been Vic covering it up which is what is worse most of the time. The cover up is what got Briles canned at Baylor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Did player jump ship a couple years ago?
    I think it is the same player that one would be inclined to ask if the carpet matched the drapes. I could be wrong though.

vCash
    Way to go Cohen! He destroyed our womens basketball program because he would not let a little girl on girl action slide!!! ***