Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Willie Gay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I don't dislike Willie. I don't have an axe to grind with Willie. I wish nothing but the best for Willie. But I don't change my values based upon where someone went to school. I don't have to ask "what team do they play for" before deciding if murder is right/wrong, a speeding ticket is right/wrong, donating to charity is right/wrong, saving a drowning baby is right/wrong, or theft is right/wrong. I'm smarter than that.

The players cheating academically were absolutely wrong (Willie was one of them). I'm aware it probably happens at other schools also, and those players are wrong as well. Willie needs to grow up, and I hope he does. I wish him the best. But it's not great for Willie or society as a whole for a dude to go around acting liking a dumbass all the time. And I'm not saying anything about Willie that I wouldn't say about my own son if he was doing similar stuff.

The folks thinking that we can't criticize unethical or illegal behavior because "it might hurt recruiting" need to rethink their priorities in life.
    Great post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Garrett should not have used the n-word to entice him. You know, he should have been a man and not said anything at all.

And you guys wonder why never see a dime of money from our football alumni while others do. It?s laughable. Didn?t Luke Hancock get popped with a domestic violence arrest and still playing ball for us? Double standard I would say..
    Hancock was "indefinitely suspended from the team" immediately after it happened according to the articles I found; Gay was allowed to play in the bowl game - so where is the double standard? And - assuming a lot here because as usual the CL and other outlets only report the charge and not the outcomes of the cases - Hancock must not have faced any serious legal outcomes because he played that season. Hancock has also not had a reported incident since, whereas Willie has had at least 2 since he punched his QB. So, who seems to have possibly learned from their mistakes and who hasn't?

vCash
    Hancock initially did face legal issue but his attorney ended the prospect of that about 5 minutes into the conversation. To even mention Hancock in the same sentence as Willie is laughable to me. I agree with willie still needing to mature as a person etc but I seriously doubt he simply exploded on his own to cause the damaged noted. This is purely baby momma drama which occurs daily and is something I believe Willie is now realizing.

vCash
    I don't dislike Willie. I don't have an axe to grind with Willie. I wish nothing but the best for Willie. But I don't change my values based upon where someone went to school. I don't have to ask "what team do they play for" before deciding if murder is right/wrong, a speeding ticket is right/wrong, donating to charity is right/wrong, saving a drowning baby is right/wrong, or theft is right/wrong. I'm smarter than that.

The players cheating academically were absolutely wrong (Willie was one of them). I'm aware it probably happens at other schools also, and those players are wrong as well. Willie needs to grow up, and I hope he does. I wish him the best. But it's not great for Willie or society as a whole for a dude to go around acting liking a dumbass all the time. And I'm not saying anything about Willie that I wouldn't say about my own son if he was doing similar stuff.

The folks thinking that we can't criticize unethical or illegal behavior because "it might hurt recruiting" need to rethink their priorities in life.
    Great post. Wrong is always wrong. Period. And most people with any common sense can tell wrong from right.

vCash

I came back to quote this post just to say

AMEN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Willie Gay was suspended for 3/4 of a season for academic cheating, knocked out the quarterback right Before the bowl game, and now has been arrested. All of that and we still have people bashing our FANS for not liking him. The people that blame the fans in this type situation are part of a very large cultural problem in this country.
    AMEN

and I am not without sin.

vCash
    I mean, if it?s an upright, what linebacker can pass up a vac sack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Rep

vCash
    Also damage to a cellphone, a humidifier, and the wall or doorframe. Basically Willie is acting like a POS and needs to clean up his act. This is par for the course with him. I hope he turns it around. I want him to turn it around.

vCash

OK, it seems some need the asterisks.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/01/...week-will-play

Looks like Willie is playing. After the Titans let Bud Dupree play yesterday, I pretty much had no doubt this was going to happen.

vCash
    Wille's getting the death penalty, at least from the bulldog jury!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Ridiculous take. Most have said that he has made poor decisions and that he needs to grow up. That doesn't seem out of line for what he did and what he has done in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Not at all. This is only a misdemeanor and should be treated as such. But Willie has to stop spending his life acting like a jackass. It seems to be one thing after another. And folks who have been around him will tell you there is more. He needs to grow up and behave.

vCash
    Chaotic living leads to a miserable life. Hoping that he finds his way and starts living better hardly seems like a condemnation. Excusing a behavior that you know is wrong shows that you don?t care about that person, but rather that you are concerned about what they have done/can do for you. It?s care that holds one to a higher standard when passiveness would be much easier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Chaotic living leads to a miserable life. Hoping that he finds his way and starts living better hardly seems like a condemnation. Excusing a behavior that you know is wrong shows that you don?t care about that person, but rather that you are concerned about what they have done/can do for you. It?s care that holds one to a higher standard when passiveness would be much easier.
    Have some rep!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Words of Iron. Bolshevik Rep Suppression.