Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Willie Gay

Banned
    vCash
    He who hath never lost their temper Cast the First Stone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Garrett should not have used the n-word to entice him. You know, he should have been a man and not said anything at all.

And you guys wonder why never see a dime of money from our football alumni while others do. It?s laughable. Didn?t Luke Hancock get popped with a domestic violence arrest and still playing ball for us? Double standard I would say..
    What double standard, Willie still played in the Music City Bowl after all that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    He who hath never lost their temper Cast the First Stone.
    i will be happy and cast that stone to say that I've never been arrested for vandalizing someone else's stuff. Actually I've never been arrested period. It's because I get out of bed, go to work, and act like a grown damn man with responsibilities. Willie should try it.

vCash

why try it

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    i will be happy and cast that stone to say that I've never been arrested for vandalizing someone else's stuff. Actually I've never been arrested period. It's because I get out of bed, go to work, and act like a grown damn man with responsibilities. Willie should try it.
    he's made it thus far on the DNA lottery

?Six pack - a bunch of circle jerking snowflakes?

-DangerDawg

vCash
    Garrett should not have used the n-word to entice him. You know, he should have been a man and not said anything at all.

And you guys wonder why never see a dime of money from our football alumni while others do. It?s laughable. Didn?t Luke Hancock get popped with a domestic violence arrest and still playing ball for us? Double standard I would say..
    Luke Hancock's incident was thrown out by the court or dismissed. We'll see what the outcome of this is. Very likely the same with such a small amount of damage.

vCash
    I’m certainly not advocating Willie getting fired over this. It’s not a felony. However I am advocating for Willie and others to learn to behave. My stance on that doesn’t ever waver. I don’t care who you are.

vCash
    He'll get a suspension. Deonte Harris got 3 games for a DUI, and I think that's about what gay will get
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-20-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, poor kid. I don't know hold old they are but hopefully they didn't see their dad threaten their mom or hear it either. It doesn't matter if he hit her or not, it's not a good example to see what's acceptable behavior.

vCash
    Whatever the outcome, Willie needs to apologize to his teammates. He is going to get suspended and him not controlling his temper may cost his team a win. Plus, he needs to solve his anger issues. Grow up

vCash
    Wait What? I'm confused about the Alumni money thing. Are you saying they don't donate large sums of money bc a few knuckleheads on a message board tell them to grow up and quit getting in trouble? Or am i misinterpreting what you said? Hopefully misinterpreted, bc that's even more reason for them to grow the F up.

And unless Hancock also gave Landon Sims a black eye in practice a few years prior to his arrest, those aren't apples to apples.

We need to stop making excuses for people that continue to be in the headlines for the wrong reasons. Willie isn't a victim. I wish him well, but he does indeed need to get his act together. For his own benefit, not the fans or the team...for himself and his kid. And I'm sure he knows that.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-21-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Willie Gay was suspended for 3/4 of a season for academic cheating, knocked out the quarterback right Before the bowl game, and now has been arrested. All of that and we still have people bashing our FANS for not liking him. The people that blame the fans in this type situation are part of a very large cultural problem in this country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Willie Gay was suspended for 3/4 of a season for academic cheating, knocked out the quarterback right Before the bowl game, and now has been arrested. All of that and we still have people bashing our FANS for not liking him. The people that blame the fans in this type situation are part of a very large cultural problem in this country.
    At least give the guy credit for being the final nail in the coffin for ole Joe

vCash
    I don't dislike Willie. I don't have an axe to grind with Willie. I wish nothing but the best for Willie. But I don't change my values based upon where someone went to school. I don't have to ask "what team do they play for" before deciding if murder is right/wrong, a speeding ticket is right/wrong, donating to charity is right/wrong, saving a drowning baby is right/wrong, or theft is right/wrong. I'm smarter than that.

The players cheating academically were absolutely wrong (Willie was one of them). I'm aware it probably happens at other schools also, and those players are wrong as well. Willie needs to grow up, and I hope he does. I wish him the best. But it's not great for Willie or society as a whole for a dude to go around acting liking a dumbass all the time. And I'm not saying anything about Willie that I wouldn't say about my own son if he was doing similar stuff.

The folks thinking that we can't criticize unethical or illegal behavior because "it might hurt recruiting" need to rethink their priorities in life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I don't dislike Willie. I don't have an axe to grind with Willie. I wish nothing but the best for Willie. But I don't change my values based upon where someone went to school. I don't have to ask "what team do they play for" before deciding if murder is right/wrong, a speeding ticket is right/wrong, donating to charity is right/wrong, saving a drowning baby is right/wrong, or theft is right/wrong. I'm smarter than that.

The players cheating academically were absolutely wrong (Willie was one of them). I'm aware it probably happens at other schools also, and those players are wrong as well. Willie needs to grow up, and I hope he does. I wish him the best. But it's not great for Willie or society as a whole for a dude to go around acting liking a dumbass all the time. And I'm not saying anything about Willie that I wouldn't say about my own son if he was doing similar stuff.

The folks thinking that we can't criticize unethical or illegal behavior because "it might hurt recruiting" need to rethink their priorities in life.
    This is a great post.

vCash
    any official NFL ruling as to his punishment yet?

vCash
    He will play sunday

vCash
    Boom! Like button pushed.

vCash
    👍👍👍👍
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Banned
    vCash
    There's differences between killing a store clerk for cash and stealing a turnip cuz you hungry. Let's hope Willie settles down and learns to control his temper.

vCash
    Great post