Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
I don't dislike Willie. I don't have an axe to grind with Willie. I wish nothing but the best for Willie. But I don't change my values based upon where someone went to school. I don't have to ask "what team do they play for" before deciding if murder is right/wrong, a speeding ticket is right/wrong, donating to charity is right/wrong, saving a drowning baby is right/wrong, or theft is right/wrong. I'm smarter than that.

The players cheating academically were absolutely wrong (Willie was one of them). I'm aware it probably happens at other schools also, and those players are wrong as well. Willie needs to grow up, and I hope he does. I wish him the best. But it's not great for Willie or society as a whole for a dude to go around acting liking a dumbass all the time. And I'm not saying anything about Willie that I wouldn't say about my own son if he was doing similar stuff.

The folks thinking that we can't criticize unethical or illegal behavior because "it might hurt recruiting" need to rethink their priorities in life.
Great post