Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Fla -4.5

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Then why do you get your panties in a wad when everybody else gets upset at him
    I just don't buy in to what seems to be the notion that the only thing between us and basketball glory is Ben howland. I think he's done a really solid job here... not spectacular, but hardly horrible like a lot make it out to be.

vCash
    The officials allowed them to maul us in the last 6 mins. That was the game decider.

vCash
    If cooter is right, I really like that howland is leaving on his own terms this year. I think we could possibly get a coach that can elevate the program, but not if we fire howland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Wow I thought I was critical of Howland. We lost to a team that will make the tournament on the road. Florida was favored and while I?m not a big Howland fan this was more on Molinar and others not stepping up in the 2nd half. Now if we lose to Ole Miss or South Carolina at home that will be a cause for a freak out, but not this loss on the road
    FLORIDA was missing their best player and maybe the finalist for the S.E.C. player of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    The officials allowed them to maul us in the last 6 mins. That was the game decider.
    Yep, when you are allowed to maul the other team you can play loose. UF made shots. It was just like the Ark 40 min of hell where you foul more than they can call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I think it started earlier than that. Florida came out and got a ton of fouls to start the 2nd half. Once the officials saw the foul difference, they started letting Florida get away with more so the foul discrepancy evened up.

vCash
    As long as we don?t lose something bad and end 10-8 I?m good with that overall. It will get us in the dance. Of course I want us to win all games but that?s not realistic. I just don?t want a loss to someone like SC or Mizzou or any other home games besides Auburn (that?s an exception)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FANACTICFAN View Post
    FLORIDA was missing their best player and maybe the finalist for the S.E.C. player of the year.
    Was this excuse allowed here when we lost without tolu?

vCash
    Bama won.
    Louisville up in a close one.

Need Louisville

vCash
    Should we start seeing more of fountain and Matthews than brooks and Jeffries? I'm assuming fountain must have got sit over something disciplinary. I'm ready to see fountain again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That?s the nature though or a lot of teams outside the top 25. All the SEC teams are like that this year outside of UK and Auburn and UGA who is just really bad
    If we played hard all the time and the coach would try different things( you know, to win) I would be more forgiving. We are the same shit stain every year. Idk, maybe we just thought the transfer were going to be better than they are or the coach can't get it out of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think it started earlier than that. Florida came out and got a ton of fouls to start the 2nd half. Once the officials saw the foul difference, they started letting Florida get away with more so the foul discrepancy evened up.
    This started with 5 mins to go in the 1st half. Even the announcers were saying this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Should we start seeing more of fountain and Matthews than brooks and Jeffries? I'm assuming fountain must have got sit over something disciplinary. I'm ready to see fountain again
    Jdfferies gave nothing tonight. I though BH was making him a 3p[t defender/

vCash
    Certainly the way we lost tonight was tough, but probably worth noting we got a Q1 win, and then got a Q1 loss... not like we we falling apart

vCash
    And on a bright note, bama, Louisville, and Furman all won. Only the bama win was a good one, but this should all still help out with our loss tonight in NET

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Jdfferies gave nothing tonight. I though BH was making him a 3p[t defender/
    take a look at the advanced metrics:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...tate/2022.html

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Calm it down everyone. Stop attacking fellow bulldogs.

We have all seen tonight before, nothing new. Yes it sucked and we had em against the ropes. We did not finish. Maybe the will self reflect and learn. They are still learning each other. Just look at Tolu. No points in first half and double digits in 2nd half. To me that is more or learning your teammates and getting into a more reaction type of game, rather than having to look and think. When things get more natural they look and work better.

Let?s give them some slack and hope they are working through it. I personally see growth and a team learning how to play with each other without thinking. Have some hope.

vCash
    Games tomorrow that concern us...

Belmont (-5.5) at morehead state
    Winthrop (-3.5) at Presbyterian
    App st at Georgia st (-4.5)

Belmont is #38 and morehead st is #116 in NET. If morehead st can win this one, it could be a nice boost in net

vCash
    For all that it?s worth, we?re still 4th in the SEC standings and had a lot of teams that we beat win tonight. SEC road games are always brutal