Thread: Kendall Briles Offered Miami OC Job

vCash

Kendall Briles Offered Miami OC Job

Per Brett McMurphy on da Twitters.

Briles has Arkansas' offense humming pretty good. If they lose him it will be a step back for sure.

vCash
    He has Jefferson coming back, so I'm not sure he'll take that. 1 more good year, and briles is probably coaching in the sunbelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He has Jefferson coming back, so I'm not sure he'll take that. 1 more good year, and briles is probably coaching in the sunbelt
    Yep, he's a season away from his own HC gig somewhere. The Miami fans on Reddit are not overly happy with it. He still carries some baggage from his dad.

vCash
    And he has turned down the offer per Jacob Davis on Twitter.

I think you're right 7. After this year at Arkansas he gets a Sun Belt head coaching job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And he has turned down the offer per Jacob Davis on Twitter.

I think you're right 7. After this year at Arkansas he gets a Sun Belt head coaching job.
    He also has the ability to springboard into a P5 position within 3 years as long as he does well as a head coach in the G5.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Strictly talking QB's I think Van Dyke is a clearly better QB than KJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    He also has the ability to springboard into a P5 position within 3 years as long as he does well as a head coach in the G5.
    As strange as it sounds, Arkansas is a much better job than Miami at this moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Strictly talking QB's I think Van Dyke is a clearly better QB than KJ.
    I really don't know much about van dyke, but his numbers look pretty good.

Jefferson was really good last year imo, and he already knows briles system. If ark can replace burks (big if), I think Jefferson has a monster year
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-19-2022 at 05:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    As strange as it sounds, Arkansas is a much better job than Miami at this moment.
    100% agree.

vCash
    I really don't know much about van dyke, but his numbers look pretty good.

Jefferson was really good last year imo, and he already knows briles system. If ark can't replace burks (big if), I think Jefferson has a monster year
    You can?t really go wrong with either, Jefferson brings a lot to the table with his legs.

Sounds like Arkansas plans on bumping Briles up to $1.4 million to keep him. I?ll bet he takes a HC job after next season though.

vCash
    If we blow it this year, he's a guy we need to go get.

vCash
    I don't think that's strange. It is a better job for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I don't think that's strange. It is a better job for sure.
    It may just seem strange to me because Miami has been nationally relevant at different times in my life while Arkansas hasn?t.

vCash
    It may just seem strange to me because Miami has been nationally relevant at different times in my life while Arkansas hasn?t.
    Arkansas has a lot more history. Miami started being good in the 80s. It is weird that a small private school in Miami would be as relevant as they are. I guess the recruiting area is just too good.