Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D1 Baseball Rankings (The annual let?s rank OM as high as possible rankings)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Georgia was really good from '18-'20. Last year was a transition year for them and they just missed the NCAAT, but they bring back a lot. We open conference play in Athens and that should be a tough series.

Also noticed that our opening weekend opponent Long Beach State was #24. Don't underestimate that series either. They smoked us at their park two years ago.
    Georgia is the same program that Florida is in baseball. One of the big four baseball producing states- they should be able to recruit pretty well. They also have very little fan interest and that's probably more than likely due to the Braves than anything else. I will say that they have more fan interest than Florida does.

We were Long Beach State's World Series. They are a good program though- they are always regional caliber at worst and they have multiple CWS appearances. I think we win the series but I agree it will be tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They have a lot of veterans for sure. Whether they make it to Omaha or not is completely dependent on how their arms hold up. Their ace is rumored to have arm issues already. The others are transfers and JUCO's. At any rate I doubt they have anyone near Hoglund or Nikahazy's level. The last three years was their year on paper to make it to Omaha. They could be very young in 2023.
    Have no fear little mike will ride his 3 best arms into the ground just like every year. You're right about the last 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep, it happens every year with them. Lather, rinse, repeat. They start off hot and look like world beaters and then comes the collapse, every year. Most of it is because little mike can't handle a pitching staff and rides his arms early in the season and they have nothing left when they need it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.
    Bianco learned that from Bertman. Apparently that strategy doesn't work as well when your team's offense isn't built on steroids and loaded bats.

vCash
    Bianco learned that from Bertman. Apparently that strategy doesn't work as well when your team's offense isn't built on steroids and loaded bats.
    Dead on as always!
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-18-2022 at 06:17 PM.

vCash
    Have no fear little mike will ride his 3 best arms into the ground just like every year. You're right about the last 3 years.
    Can't have that bad loss to Wright State in February on the resume.' Go throw 120 Diamond.**

vCash
    Can't have that bad loss to Wright State in February on the resume.' Go throw 120 Diamond.**
    Yes sir!!! This kind of mismanagement of arms happens at every level. I've seen it to much in showcase, hs, juco and college. It's so bad it's almost criminal.

vCash
    Yes sir!!! This kind of mismanagement of arms happens at every level. I've seen it to much in showcase, hs, juco and college. It's so bad it's almost criminal.
    It's sad because there is zero excuse for it now with what we now know and the training available. The silver lining is surgery has gotten better so there are better outcomes for Tommy John surgery now. Knowing baseball parents I'm surprised I haven't heard of any child abuse claims being brought forth on some baseball coach at the showcase or high school level.

vCash
    Lemonis/Foxhall have handled that masterfully.

vCash
    They?re top 10 no doubt! That lineup is going to score a shitload of runs! I wouldn?t put them that high to start with simply because we don?t know what they?ll have on the mound but make no mistakes, they will have one of the top offenses in the country and win a ton of games!

vCash
    LSU will be the team to beat this year. We will be right there with them. Expect Upig to be tough but not like last years squad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I have no clue what Ole Miss has returning, but they aren't doing Bianco any favors consistently ranking them so highly to start the year. Just pisses off their fan base more when he "underachieves".
    They have a bunch of 23 and 24 year old hitters. Highlighted by Ecklo (Sp?) and some other cats that MLB did not draft. So they are expected to hit.

They lost Booger and Hogland (Sp?), so I guess the rankings expect someone else to make a big leap and replace their top-2 pitchers from a pitching staff that was not that great outside of Booger and Hogland.

vCash
    It's sad because there is zero excuse for it now with what we now know and the training available. The silver lining is surgery has gotten better so there are better outcomes for Tommy John surgery now. Knowing baseball parents I'm surprised I haven't heard of any child abuse claims being brought forth on some baseball coach at the showcase or high school level.
    This is probably one of those things where two or three rare instances is painted as a trend, but supposedly there are parents that are happy to "get it over with" as far as tommy johns surgery. They see young players come back with more velocity (because they've been doing physical therapy 3 times a week for a year, which of course they could do without the surgery first) so they think better to have it earlier so it doesn't screw up their college career or recruiting, plus they can come back with more velocity.

vCash
    BOOM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    LSU will be the team to beat this year. We will be right there with them. Expect Upig to be tough but not like last years squad.
    I'm thinking LSU will still be searching for enough quality SEC arms. They have a few, but depth can become an issue as the season unfolds (ask OM, LSU, Arky & Vandy from last year).

I love our depth and think us and Texas will again be among the most balanced teams on the diamond in '22.

vCash
    I hope Tenner is good again. It makes it more fun when a team in the east cares about baseball (Vandy and Florida don't care).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is probably one of those things where two or three rare instances is painted as a trend, but supposedly there are parents that are happy to "get it over with" as far as tommy johns surgery. They see young players come back with more velocity (because they've been doing physical therapy 3 times a week for a year, which of course they could do without the surgery first) so they think better to have it earlier so it doesn't screw up their college career or recruiting, plus they can come back with more velocity.
    You're absolutely correct about that. I've even heard urban legends of parents wanting their kid to get Tommy John because they think it will increase their velocity. Like it's a boob job or something.

Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I'm thinking LSU will still be searching for enough quality SEC arms. They have a few, but depth can become an issue as the season unfolds (ask OM, LSU, Arky & Vandy from last year).

I love our depth and think us and Texas will again be among the most balanced teams on the diamond in '22.
    LSU is kind of a baseball media darling because they are a historically great program and then they added some of Arizona's best players. I think their pitching will hold them back too.

Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    I hope Tenner is good again. It makes it more fun when a team in the east cares about baseball (Vandy and Florida don't care).
    Tennessee will be good as long Vitello is there. And I suspect they are about to begin a stadium renovation soon. I think Vandy cares about baseball more than they do other sports because of the success they have had. They even have their own sidewalk whistler fans who I'm 99% sure didn't go to college there. Their problem is their fans are spread out across the country they aren't likely to show up to a game and they probably participate more on social media than anything else.

vCash
    Georgia is the same program that Florida is in baseball. One of the big four baseball producing states- they should be able to recruit pretty well. They also have very little fan interest and that's probably more than likely due to the Braves than anything else. I will say that they have more fan interest than Florida does.
    People forget that Georgia was a national seed in ‘18 and ‘19 and were one of the teams screwed over the most by COVID in ‘20, they were loaded that year. Don’t be shocked if they are squarely in the mix again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post

Uh-oh, Kendall Rogers reporting Arkansas Friday night SPer Peyton Pallette to miss the season with TJ.

Pre-season #2 already taking a hit to it?s depth.

vCash
    Does the transfer portal apply to college baseball as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I wish Ole Miss had been ranked #1. Makes the oncoming collapse so much more enjoyable
    But we have to hear about it until they get into SEC play and the weakness shows.