Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak is being crucified.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I get it. He sucked.

Edited to add, mostly because of his OL didn't give him or the running game a damn chance.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Dak still performs at high levels after he got his money. Even though he has some games where he makes mistakes or isn't as sharp, he still puts the team in position to win. Now Zeke, he has done less and less every year outside of his rookie years. Stupid decision to sign him to such a high contract. He has been terrible

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Pollard gets the job done. Zeke only give you maybe 2 or 3 runs all game worth a dang. That is why it is dumb to pay a RB any money. There is always a newer guy that is a little faster and shakes and bakes a little better, outside of Barry Sanders and All Day.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    The Oline is not talented as Jerry thinks and is very undisiplined, Dak got killed yesterday. The playcalling sucked, the 49er knew what the boys were doing almost every play and EE is an out of shape waste of a RB. I wish Dak had a Kamara behind him and a coach like Payton. So it was a total Team effort yesterday.
    Boom. This. I was disturbed by Dak getting blame. But anyone who watched that game and can't see many mistakes by many other players.... doesn't know football.

For example, people mention his int but ignore his OL was driven into his back as he was in throwing motion.

vCash
    One low light that was played often this am, was Daks High throw to Zeke towards the sideline. The ball wasn't between the numbers but it was catchable and should have been caught. Zeke didn't come down with it because he was looking up field for the hit before he had the ball.

vCash
    People believe the Dallas ol is great because of what they're being paid. Big salary does not equal quality ol play as they have proved for the last 3 years. They look good against mediocre teams but against good team they have no run game because they can't run block. They can't throw the ball downfield because they can't pass protect so against elite defenses Dallas is limited to short passes or screens and that ain't gonna get it doneZ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    I?m not totally down on Dak. He?s a good QB. But deadgum I spend half the game screaming at the tv ?throw the ball now?. He has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long IMO!
    He has to hold the ball to long because someone has moved early or held or did not block on the previous play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    People believe the Dallas ol is great because of what they're being paid. Big salary does not equal quality ol play as they have proved for the last 3 years. They look good against mediocre teams but against good team they have no run game because they can't run block. They can't throw the ball downfield because they can't pass protect so against elite defenses Dallas is limited to short passes or screens and that ain't gonna get it doneZ
    Performance against good teams isn't going to get any better for them until they completely overhaul the OL. And it's not happening any time soon - I saw today they're almost $14 million over cap going into next season.

vCash
    The one thing ZE does well is block.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Performance against good teams isn't going to get any better for them until they completely overhaul the OL. And it's not happening any time soon - I saw today they're almost $14 million over cap going into next season.
    Yep, Jerry's roster and salary mismanagement is killing them and will continue to do so.

vCash
    They are about to run into the same problem the Saints ran into the last couple of years and are going to have to make some really tough decisions on who to keep. And since Jerry and Stephen are not in same stratosphere as Loomis as a GM I doubt they navigate it very smoothly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Dak needs badly to get out of Dallas.
    Dak to Nola.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Dak to Nola.
    Honestly, if Payton was coach of this cowboys team they'd be legit super bowl contenders.

vCash
    Dak is not the reason they lost but at 40 million a year he needs to be the reason they win. They need to start over and get rid of Zeke contract and build the team around Micah/Defense and get the running game going with Dak and play action when necessary.

vCash
    It sure didnt help that every other possession the offense would make stupid mistakes or stupid play call and would start 1st and 15, 20, 25..... the O-line has gotten old and was getting whipped at every position on every play yesterday!.......#52 Williams, which pains me to use that number because it was my number, is weak as well water and cant block without grabbing and tackling someone....... Zeke is not even a top 20 back in the league anymore....... Cooper is lazy in his route running...... Lamb goes through stints were he couldnt catch a beachball...... the most reliable pass catcher is a slow TE in Schultz.....worst team in the league in penalties..... and to top it off...... the 12 year old OC is literally drawing up plays in the dirt and seems like the type that would call a QB draw with 9 seconds left and no timeouts.....say it didnt happen!
    The only time the offense really clicked with consistency all year was when Dak had the team in hurry up and was calling most of the check down plays.
    If McCarthy is ok with the lack of discipline which leads to stupid penalties and especially the last play call, he should have been fired before he got to the locker room.
    I look forward every year for the fall, which brings the start of Ms State and Dallas Cowboy football..... and then I look forward to the end of the football seasons to make it all STOP!
    Whewwww!
    Bring on baseball!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Unfortunately alot of fans are still Romoholics including all of my family members in Dallas even though Romo was the biggest choke artist in big games. Hell Romo had more talent around him than Dak has had and still couldn't do anything with it. The Oline is not talented as Jerry thinks and is very undisiplined, Dak got killed yesterday. The playcalling sucked, the 49er knew what the boys were doing almost every play and EE is an out of shape waste of a RB. I wish Dak had a Kamara behind him and a coach like Payton. So it was a total Team effort yesterday.
    I am a Cowboys fan and I think Dak>Romo but Dak had a ton of talent around him. Cooper, Lamb, Gallup and Wilson is the best trio/quartet I think we have had

vCash
    I hope Jerry fires McCarthy and hires Harbaugh

vCash
    If Dak had the teams Eli did, he would have won two already, with many more years to go.....JMO.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    This.

And Kellen Moore is an average NFL OC at best. Dak needs to be in a completely different offensive scheme.
    He is a Jason Garret wannabe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    I hope Jerry fires McCarthy and hires Harbaugh
    Hell no. A name that no one ever mentions is Joe Lombardi. He is a Sean Payton proteige who was Brees QB coach and now the OC for the chargers