Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak is being crucified.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Their offense looks like State's 3/4 of the time last year.***

I was saying the same thing yesterday in the 1st half. Bunch of 5 yard dumpoffs with the 49ers defenders acting like they just studied the cowboy playbook. At least Dak got that long TD pass in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I was saying the same thing yesterday in the 1st half. Bunch of 5 yard dumpoffs with the 49ers defenders acting like they just studied the cowboy playbook. At least Dak got that long TD pass in.
    I was joking, lol, but was also referring to the Card's offense. Kyler averaged 4 yards an attempt tonight. Yikes.

But you're not wrong, re: the Cowboys' offense, though I think much of that blame is on play calling. Kellen Moore might be the second biggest fraud in the NFL (behind their OL, of course, lol).

vCash
    Also, so many of those dump offs are happening because WR aren't getting open/running clean routes (also the reason for sacks). For much of the game, it seemed their route-trees were vanilla bland, too. Couple that with a OL that can't block for more than half a second and you've got a recipe for a well-done shit sandwich on (with extra mayo).

vCash
    Just to respond to the topic at hand: of all the things that suck on Dallas' team(and there is plenty from the top down), Dak is pretty far down that list. I've been saying for a few years now that the OL is overpaid and overrated. Just got their butts whipped along with tons of penalties.

vCash
    Also, so many of those dump offs are happening because WR aren't getting open/running clean routes (also the reason for sacks).
    I honestly think this is what is causing so much of the offensive problems plaguing the Dallas offense. Nobody open = holding on to the ball or running and getting your ankle broken. Without a run game to keep them honest, I don't know what they can do.

vCash
    That was a real risky call McCarthy, and Moore made for Dak to run with 14 seconds left in the game. Everything had to be 100% right for that to work and it didn't. I think Dallas needs Sean Payton, and they also need for Pollard to get more touches.
    52 seems more a liability with all the penalties he has had,and not just in this game.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-17-2022 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Also, so many of those dump offs are happening because WR aren't getting open/running clean routes (also the reason for sacks). For much of the game, it seemed their route-trees were vanilla bland, too. Couple that with a OL that can't block for more than half a second and you've got a recipe for a well-done shit sandwich on (with extra mayo).
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    I honestly think this is what is causing so much of the offensive problems plaguing the Dallas offense. Nobody open = holding on to the ball or running and getting your ankle broken. Without a run game to keep them honest, I don't know what they can do.
    All goes to the OL. If they can't hold blocks long enough to get into deeper routes(without penalties), you can forget it. All you have time for is the shorter stuff. Shame they can't run block either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    All goes to the OL. If they can't hold blocks long enough to get into deeper routes(without penalties), you can forget it. All you have time for is the shorter stuff. Shame they can't run block either.
    And to think the coaches know this (or don't, which is worse, lol), yet only move Dak out of the pocket a couple times a game? Incompetence.

I'm not saying I want them to use Dak like Lamar (hell, or even Josh Allen) in terms of running the ball, because that isn't sustainable obviously but they have to install some aspect of an RPO in their offense...at least the threat of it...Dak has the ability to pick up 5 to 8 scramble yards on probably almost every play if he wasn't being smothered in the pocket because his overpaid OL is getting pushed into his grill. Dak isn't the scrambler Lamar or Kyler are, but he isn't unathletic, and he can shrug off dudes about as good as anyone. Them refusing to move him around and insist that he be a statue back there is ****ing criminal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Just to respond to the topic at hand: of all the things that suck on Dallas' team(and there is plenty from the top down), Dak is pretty far down that list. I've been saying for a few years now that the OL is overpaid and overrated. Just got their butts whipped along with tons of penalties.
    And they always have a drive killing penalty on 3rd @ short either 52 or Collins will get caught holding or offsides.

vCash
    Dak is not worth the money he is getting paid, but very few QBs are. The market dictated that obviously and with that comes criticism. His O-line sucked. The penalties were bad. Everyone seems to let the defense off the hook but they had so many bone-headed 3rd down penalties. The whole team is disorganized. They seem to run the same routes over and over, and Cooper/Lamb seem to go as the team goes with their effort. They can't run the ball at all, and Dak honestly needs that element to be a great QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Dak is not worth the money he is getting paid, but very few QBs are. The market dictated that obviously and with that comes criticism. His O-line sucked. The penalties were bad. Everyone seems to let the defense off the hook but they had so many bone-headed 3rd down penalties. The whole team is disorganized. They seem to run the same routes over and over, and Cooper/Lamb seem to go as the team goes with their effort. They can't run the ball at all, and Dak honestly needs that element to be a great QB.
    Totally agree, Dallas has some serious over paid players and will be stuck for a few years. Their lack of discipline is horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    I am a Cowboys fan and I think Dak>Romo but Dak had a ton of talent around him. Cooper, Lamb, Gallup and Wilson is the best trio/quartet I think we have had
    It's a strong group, but Romo had at one point:
    Demarco Murray at RB, Miles Austin and Dez Bryant at WR, and Jason Witten at TE.
    That was a strong lineup.

Their 2009 roster also had 9 Pro Bowlers. They were stacked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    You are very correct. But no athlete is "worth" what they are paid. "Worth" has no place in sports. Who is responsible for what they are? The fans. Us. If nobody watches, buys tickets, buys merchandise, reads blogs, websites, articles, etc. then the overpaid divas would be working construction somewhere. At best. Are these guys "worth" more than teachers, health care workers, accountants, engineers, architects, construction workers, public utility workers? Hell no they are not. They do not mean shit in the real world. They are just a little get away and some form of entertainment from time to time for most people. But, they get it because they can. And they should. Because we pay for it. But I digress. The Cowboys, as much as I love them, are just what you said....disorganized, dysfunctional and a complete Charlie Foxtrot at the present time...and for the foreseeable future due to ownership. He is an idiot.

vCash
    The Dallas OL sucks. That organization is fake. Their practice facility costs more than A&M's football stadium. It's all about parties, strip clubs and barbecues in Jerry world.

vCash
    No Cooper is overrated CeCe Lamb, how many passes has he dropped this year? Apparently you are too young to remember Drew Pearson, Billy Jo Dupree, Jay Saldi. Or Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper and Jay Novachek/ Hell Romo had Whitten for most of his career. The Raiders were happy to get rid of Cooper and he is supposed to be the stud of the receivers Corps.
    Dak had plenty of talent around him this year

vCash
    His OL quit on him weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    His OL quit on him weeks ago.
    It hasn't been good for a few years now. Dak got hit 19 times on passes Sunday. Sacked 5 of those. That's a crazy ass number. Almost half his attempts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It hasn't been good for a few years now. Dak got hit 19 times on passes Sunday. Sacked 5 of those. That's a crazy ass number. Almost half his attempts.
    Yeah the last 4 years they've been mediocre at best and Sunday they absolutely sucked.

vCash
    There's "talent", and there's "talent on paper"....Dallas has the latter. Their talent may be really good, but they are so undercut by the coaching staff and admin, it's impossible to overcome.

Their OL play is and has been atrocious (read Cowboy threads going back years; I've been very consistent on this), their play-calling gives new meaning to vanilla, and they have zero run game when it matters (see OL issues). Also, as a coaching staff, they seem to never make adjustments (another major red flag). The D was much better this year, but against good teams they were most certainly a paper tiger. For example, Diggs even with his double digit INTs still gave up the most receiving yards as a CB in coverage this year. Not great...

Again, Dak is not the problem. We saw what the Cowboys were without him last year when he broke his ankle, and some mooks like Skip Bayless thought that Andy Dalton would step in and not miss a beat and/or actually be better....yeah, we saw how that shit worked out, lol.

Dak is an elite QB in the NFL, but even elite QB's can't overcome everything. As I said earlier in the thread, Dak isn't super human. Arron Rogers has missed the playoffs before. Brady got smoked at home his last playoff game in NE. When was the last time Russ Wilson won a playoff game (pretty sure the last one he played in was in a loss to.....who was it?.....Dak?). Deshaun Watson is diddling every masseuse on the planet, apparently. How many times did Eli miss the ****ing playoffs? Brees?

Being a good QB in the NFL is hard as shit. This all or none shit from sports media and fans is ****ing hilarious, especially with how inconsistent the criticism gets doled out (i.e., what happened to "Let Russ cook!"?).

Just look at this shit...

What's amazing is Dak narrowly avoided the sack, despite his OL collectively shitting the bed, and he was able to chunk it downfield only to have it hit off both hands of his intended receiver (could've/should've? been caught)....it was amazing he even got the throw off considering the pressure he got, though it still resulted in an incompletion and a turnover on downs...but only a handful of QBs in the whole ****ing world could even make a move like that to give his team a chance.

Again, Dak isn't the ****ing problem.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 01-19-2022 at 09:56 PM.

vCash
    There's "talent", and there's "talent on paper"....Dallas has the latter. Their talent may be really good, but they are so undercut by the coaching staff and admin, it's impossible to overcome.

Their OL play is and has been atrocious (read Cowboy threads going back years; I've been very consistent on this), their play-calling gives new meaning to vanilla, and they have zero run game when it matters (see OL issues). Also, as a coaching staff, they seem to never make adjustments (another major red flag). The D was much better this year, but against good teams they were most certainly a paper tiger. For example, Diggs even with his double digit INTs still gave up the most receiving yards as a CB in coverage this year. Not great...

Again, Dak is not the problem. We saw what the Cowboys were without him last year when he broke his ankle, and some mooks like Skip Bayless thought that Andy Dalton would step in and not miss a beat and/or actually be better....yeah, we saw how that shit worked out, lol.

Dak is an elite QB in the NFL, but even elite QB's can't overcome everything. As I said earlier in the thread, Dak isn't super human. Arron Rogers has missed the playoffs before. Brady got smoked at home his last playoff game in NE. When was the last time Russ Wilson won a playoff game (pretty sure the last one he played in was in a loss to.....who was it?.....Dak?). Deshaun Watson is diddling every masseuse on the planet, apparently. How many times did Eli miss the ****ing playoffs? Brees?

Being a good QB in the NFL is hard as shit. This all or none shit from sports media and fans is ****ing hilarious, especially with how inconsistent the criticism gets doled out (i.e., what happened to "Let Russ cook!"?).

Just look at this shit...

What's amazing is Dak narrowly avoided the sack, despite his OL collectively shitting the bed, and he was able to chunk it downfield only to have it hit off both hands of his intended receiver (could've/should've? been caught)....it was amazing he even got the throw off considering the pressure he got, though it still resulted in an incompletion and a turnover on downs...but only a handful of QBs in the whole ****ing world could even make a move like that to give his team a chance.

Again, Dak isn't the ****ing problem.
    Hallelujah, Holy Crap! Where's the Tylenol!

Rep Beardo!