Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak is being crucified.

vCash

Dak is being crucified.

I get it. He's the the face of the Cowboys, and he said some emotional things after the game. However, Dallas played abysmally; it is like they had to try to lose to commit that many penalties. People are saying that he doesn't have the long ball, but it wasn't his fault the 30 yard reception to Lamb was taken away. Zeke literally has an injury to every ligament in one of his knees. It is just bad everywhere, and I hope we can get Pollard more touches.

vCash
    Dak didn't play great, but it wasn't all on him. Hard for a QB to do much when their oline is either getting mauled every other play and getting penalized the other half. For a team to have that many penalties, on both sides of the ball, is not a characteristic of well coached teams. That plus vanilla play calling that hasn't made adjustments for weeks and it's no surprise they are where they are.

vCash
    I?m not totally down on Dak. He?s a good QB. But deadgum I spend half the game screaming at the tv ?throw the ball now?. He has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long IMO!

vCash
    Unfortunately it comes with the territory. You win qb gets to much credit, lose and qb gets to much blame. The Cowboys sucked from top to bottom yesterday. They are undisciplined, make dumb mistakes and that's on the coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Unfortunately it comes with the territory. You win qb gets to much credit, lose and qb gets to much blame. The Cowboys sucked from top to bottom yesterday. They are undisciplined, make dumb mistakes and that's on the coaches.
    Yup. Saints fans would crucify brees after losses, a lot, and it was warranted some times. Dak has a big contract for the most popular football team, so criticism comes with the territory. If he had pulled it out yesterday, dak would be being built up as the successor to brady as the GOAT haha

vCash
    Pretty spot on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yup. Saints fans would crucify brees after losses, a lot, and it was warranted some times. Dak has a big contract for the most popular football team, so criticism comes with the territory. If he had pulled it out yesterday, dak would be being built up as the successor to brady as the GOAT haha
    Yeah, exactly. Daks a big boy and this comes with it when you're the qb of the Cowboys with a huge contract. Mickey Mantle said it best, "It's a short ride from hero to bum".

vCash
    Dak needs badly to get out of Dallas.

vCash
    Unfortunately alot of fans are still Romoholics including all of my family members in Dallas even though Romo was the biggest choke artist in big games. Hell Romo had more talent around him than Dak has had and still couldn't do anything with it. The Oline is not talented as Jerry thinks and is very undisiplined, Dak got killed yesterday. The playcalling sucked, the 49er knew what the boys were doing almost every play and EE is an out of shape waste of a RB. I wish Dak had a Kamara behind him and a coach like Payton. So it was a total Team effort yesterday.

vCash
    Somewhat similar to our bowl game this past year. Not ready to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I was hoping he would look around when his contract was up and not sign a long term deal there. He's got security now but with Jerry running the show it's doubtful he'll ever win anything of importance

vCash
    I was hoping he would look around when his contract was up and not sign a long term deal there. He's got security now but with Jerry running the show it's doubtful he'll ever win anything of importance
    He will be the updated version of Don Meredith. The fans were merciless on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    He will be the updated version of Don Meredith. The fans were merciless on him.
    I loved Don Meredith but I'm afraid you're right. The thing is you have to win or the fans and media will crucify you. Heck a lot of the fans In New England were sure Brady was done after his last season there. It's what have you done for me lately as it's pretty much always been in sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This.

And Kellen Moore is an average NFL OC at best. Dak needs to be in a completely different offensive scheme.

vCash
    Yup. He probably maxed his pay from football doing what he did (and I guess from endorsements also? Not sure if he could have improved endorsement money by leaving the goldmine that is Cowboy QB but winning more somewhere else). But football wise, it would have probably been better for him to get to a less dysfunctional franchise.

vCash

So, I know Dallas is rushing three and giving them the underneath pass, but should Garopollo really have this little of pressure?

Apparently this is an illegal block in the back.

Originally, I thought this was much closer to being caught. Still decent considering Dak was tackled and didn't hold on to the ball too long.

Right now, fans are criticizing Dak for not being the dual-threat QB he was advertised as. He still ran when it mattered. I'm not really sure why they expect him to be Michael Vick

It seemed like Dallas played soft zone all game and at least one linebacker was covering nobody. It might be scheme or athleticism, but this has been a thing for Dallas for 2-3 years now. The defender is trying to jump the route but after he's several steps behind the receiver.
    Last edited by ImissCityBagel; 01-17-2022 at 04:22 PM.

vCash
    Dak and the Cowboys were awful. No other way to sugar coat his play and the OL along with 14 penalties.
    When u r one of the highest paid players in the league and don't win big games, then u better have alligator skin.
    He sure didn't have a consistent year but I realize one is only as good those around you also. Dallas OL sucks, but so does the coaching.

vCash
    Dak isn't getting hit any harder than the other stars on that team. The coaches are who's getting hammer by the media. McCarthy might get fired. But it's Jerruh so probably not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dak isn't getting hit any harder than the other stars on that team. The coaches are who's getting hammer by the media. McCarthy might get fired. But it's Jerruh so probably not.
    The coaches should be getting hammered. Terrible game plans on both sides of the ball and the undisciplined play is just inexcusable. McCarthy is awful(there's a reason Green Bay got rid of him) but he's safe and there'll be more seasons just like this one as long as he's there. The only reason they even had a shot to win was because sf and shanahan didn't put them away when they could've. It should've been a blowout.

vCash
    This is not all on Dak but he is the face. Losing will ultimately come down on his head. Period.

14 or was it 15 penalties are hard to overcome but he either missed his spots or his WR's was not in the right spot several times. It's late in the season, that should not still be happening.