Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

vCash

Question

Why when the basketball team loses are there 200 threads about how bad howland is etc.

When we finally beat a top 25 team the only thread regarding basketball is the actual game thread? Let us lose though and there are 30 posters ready to end the world

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Why when the basketball team loses are there 200 threads about how bad howland is etc.

When we finally beat a top 25 team the only thread regarding basketball is the actual game thread? Let us lose though and there are 30 posters ready to end the world
    Because. Expectations.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Because. Expectations.
    So most here thought we'd win last night, thus no news?

vCash
    I quit keeping up with it. The loss to Liberty in the tournament did me in.

vCash
    Probably bc everyone is fearful of getting too high from the win, since howland's teams are notorious for immediately letting us all down again right after we start to believe.

That being said, I will be keeping a close eye on the next few games. This 4 game stretch will tell us if we're contenders or pretenders this year. Going to need some serious grit to get through this stretch with a .500 or better record.

vCash
    I watched the the first and last 3-4 minutes of Game was busy watching Happy Days on Pluto Network.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So most here thought we'd win last night, thus no news?
    I'd say it is more about losing games we should win that draws the most emotional responses.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    It?s embarrassing that teams with a .500 record have more fan support than us. The team is 12-4 and most posts are about preparing to be disappointed the moment we lose a game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renardo Sidney View Post
    It?s embarrassing that teams with a .500 record have more fan support than us. The team is 12-4 and most posts are about preparing to be disappointed the moment we lose a game
    ^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renardo Sidney View Post
    If our Athletic Department would put a little effort and some creativity into basketball and football maybe more would show up. Most SEC Schools have worked to improve fan experience and attendance MSU not so much.

vCash
    One problem with fan support is season tickets sold to businesses that don't use them. Second part is, these tickets aren't showing up available for resell on the secondary market. If a few do show up for sell, they are ridiculously priced.

You can get a seat in the upper level behind the basket easy and cheap. But not anywhere else. Go look at the lower tickets prices for OM game next weekend on stubhub.

vCash
    Ok, here you go. We have lots of talent. Howland coached are terrible game. We won anyway.

Example: Close game, less than 3 minutes, Bama has no inside presence. We put our 6-10 outside and he bricks a 3 pointer.
    We lucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If our Athletic Department would put a little effort and some creativity into basketball and football maybe more would show up. Most SEC Schools have worked to improve fan experience and attendance MSU not so much.
    What is dumb is that you need a "fan experience". Are you a women? Do you need to be entertained continually? It's a basketball/football game. Be there for the action on the field not the announcer and music and the food, and the kiss cam, and the half court half time shot for tuition, or baby races. You'll be much happier.

vCash
    We have too much of our fan base that cries when we win because no one is complaining.

Like a bunch of girls. This site is turning into Gene's page.

vCash
    Because misery loves company.
    And then they try to justify such loser mentality by defending their actions. Comical.
    Our team came to play, the defense and offense rebounding was first rate. Bama is a 3 pt shooting team, so the comeback was expected by anyone that has a minuscule amount of basketball knowledge. Of course, that excludes quite a few here.

vCash
    Football is the same way. Hell during our NC run in baseball there were negative nannys about them. Some State fans are not happy unless they are unhappy. Also I am convince some of them are really bears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Football is the same way. Hell during our NC run in baseball there were negative nannys about them. Some State fans are not happy unless they are unhappy. Also I am convince some of them are really bears.
    Lots of "all Lemonis does is sit his fat ass on a bucket" comments during baseball last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We have too much of our fan base that cries when we win because no one is complaining.

Like a bunch of girls. This site is turning into Gene's page.
    Quickly

vCash
    I will say, this coming Saturday vs. OM should be a big crowd. If Howland can handle business this week, there will be some momentum going in the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post

Because it's a lot easier to talk about all the things teams do shitty than talk about things that went well.

That said, I had fun watching us play Saturday. I made a post in an earlier thread that even though Howlands results are good enough to keep him safely employed (although worse than what we hoped based on his past track record), it's often painful to watch us play and I feel better about Howland the less I watch us play. This year, I watched a good bit of arkansas (which was fun) and a good bit of Ole Miss (which was miserable), and then this past weekend, which was obviously fun. I would start rearranging my schedule to watch basketball again if we looked like we did against Arkansas and Bama regularly.