Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question

vCash
    It's a message board. Ours is pretty much like every other fan base's. I always laugh at the "we have the worst fans" and "our board is miserable after a loss" posts. Our fan base is no different than every other fan base...we do not have the worst fans...and yeah, message boards aren't going to be filled with joy after losses.

We root for a team in the toughest conference in all of college sports. It ain't intramurals. If you want more sunshine, Gene should be able to help you out.

Is there more talk today about what the Cowboys did poorly, or what the 49ers did well yesterday? The negative always receives more discussion. In any sport, among any fan base. It's not just some wild coincidence on www.EliteDawgs.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Because it's a lot easier to talk about all the things teams do shitty than talk about things that went well.

That said, I had fun watching us play Saturday. I made a post in an earlier thread that even though Howlands results are good enough to keep him safely employed (although worse than what we hoped based on his past track record), it's often painful to watch us play and I feel better about Howland the less I watch us play. This year, I watched a good bit of arkansas (which was fun) and a good bit of Ole Miss (which was miserable), and then this past weekend, which was obviously fun. I would start rearranging my schedule to watch basketball again if we looked like we did against Arkansas and Bama regularly.
    Ark - home
    OM - road
    Bama - home

In conference games for non-elite teams are really tough to win. Look at auburn at OM Saturday night... auburn is an elite team, and they were tied with OM with 9 mins to go in the game after trailing most of the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Ark - home
    OM - road
    Bama - home

In conference games for non-elite teams are really tough to win. Look at auburn at OM Saturday night... auburn is an elite team, and they were tied with OM with 9 mins to go in the game after trailing most of the game
    I may speak for myself, but it's not always about results to me. Howland coaches an ugly style of play. Yes, winning on the road is tough, so if we played hard, looked well prepared, and just lost by 4-5 points to Ole Miss at their place, tip your cap. But being dominated and looking like feces while doing it is why I believe some get really pissed. You can lose a game and not look like you've never practiced before while doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Ark - home
    OM - road
    Bama - home

I'm not looking for us to win consistently on the road, just to look like we've generally played basketball together before. I watched the first half of Auburn v Ole Miss and Ole Miss was on fire for that half. Auburn certainly wasn't playing great, but they generally looked fine. We did not look fine when I watched us play against Ole Miss. Those games are going to happen, but in past years it seems like we have had them a lot. HOpefully now that we have had everybody but Tolu together for a while, we won't have many more games like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Why when the basketball team loses are there 200 threads about how bad howland is etc.

When we finally beat a top 25 team the only thread regarding basketball is the actual game thread? Let us lose though and there are 30 posters ready to end the world
    I like it when we win- anything, but don?t follow basketball super close, so I typically just read the basketball content without putting much of an opinion out there except that I still blame Cohen for Vic.

vCash
    My theory on all the noise following the OM basketball game, is that it was OM and they had lost to Samford. Also we lost to the them in football too. Also the talking heads of MSU said all week that it was a winnable game. A must win game for the ncaas. People are frustrated losing to them. I know I am.

vCash
    Cadaver had it correct, we looked like feces. The effort displayed vs Bama is what i expect win or lose. Just look competent.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Cadaver had it correct, we looked like feces. The effort displayed vs Bama is what i expect win or lose. Just look competent.
    This. We looked like a Rec League team against the KlanSharts. It was the definition of a shit show. Letting that dude show 91% and all those 3?s. Something has to change before a player gets that damn many shots.

The Bama effort all season would have us sitting around 15-1 or 14-2 right now. Maybe 16-0. That?s why people are frustrated. The talent is there, it?s just a question of whether or not the effort shows up each game to use the talent.