Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: MSU/Alabama basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I'm about to the point myself where I'm gonna just bang on Cohen's door to let me help set up a school program to revolutionize State's digital content and vastly improve social media presence. I do similar shit for a living and have almost built up enough of a nest egg to take on a passion job at a big pay cut to fix this mess.
    By all means do it. We need some drastic improvement in this area, so if this is your area of expertise, go for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the shock. When we suck in football attendance drops...were there not bigger crowds during Vic's tenure than there are now on the Women's side?

I mean, I get it, in a perfect world we pack out every stadium regardless of how shitty the product is because "that's what fans are supposed to do"....but that isn't reality. We were far more exciting to watch, even when we lost, during the Stans years, and we had bigger crowds. It's entertainment at the end of the day, and even when we win, the Howland teams aren't that fun to watch. Is what it is.

Again, not saying it's ideal...but to say I'm surprised would be a lie. Winning helps, putting an exciting brand of basketball on the court helps a ton too though.

Another example...I hated watching Cohen's teams play bc the small ball was atrocious. I ended up watching a ton bc we started winning and I love college baseball, but there was nothing exciting about watching that style of play.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    By all means do it. We need some drastic improvement in this area, so if this is your area of expertise, go for it.
    Stricklin excelled at this type of stuff. It is severely lacking under Cohen

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Stricklin excelled at this type of stuff. It is severely lacking under Cohen
    And there's no excuse for it. You've got graphic design, communications, etc. majors all on campus. Outsource it to student projects / interns and set up goals for it.

Cohen is a peter principle worker drone that still hasn't learned the project management and soft skills to delegate tasks and move them to people best suited for them. Should he be running the twitter accounts or have sign off? **** no. Get someone who's in tune with the 20-35 demo for twitter, the 30-50 demo for facebook, the 15-25 demo for tik tok and go to town.

How there isn't constant buildup for our baseball team and our first National Title Defense is a ****in joke. You want the causal conversation to be about you. You want the free air time because your account got in a joke off. And you can just tap on to a giant pool of college students that would love to put this on their resume.